• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Bluetooth Battery Drain

Search This thread

mtm1401

Apr 10, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Will disconnect the watch tomorrow when I wake and see.

It's been ok today. Only at 2% for the day

(Google Play services however showing as my second most used app )
I find Google Play Services shows up a lot more when I'm out and about as it pings location more. It's typically a vehicle for other applications accessing certain features. I usually have a Bixby routine to turn sync off when the phone is not charging which I think helps as well (I don't need email notifications and messaging apps etc. Still work)

Reactions: blackhawk

Quazza

Oct 22, 2013
I find Google Play Services shows up a lot more when I'm out and about as it pings location more. It's typically a vehicle for other applications accessing certain features. I usually have a Bixby routine to turn sync off when the phone is not charging which I think helps as well (I don't need email notifications and messaging apps etc. Still work)

When I disabled GPS though , so many things didn't work - Google Pay, Google Keyboard etc

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Sorry. When I said GPS I meant Google Play Services lol didn't even click it would come out as "GPS"
As I stated earlier in the long run the best strategy is to disenfranchise yourself from Gookill apps as much as practically possible.
A lower parasite count means your phone will be healthier🤣

The major sticking points are Gmail, Gmaps and Playstore. The rest are readily replaceable.
Use ApkExport to make copies of all your Playstore apps and system apk updates. Next reload no Playstore is needed... and no "lost" or discontinued apps! Hell yeah.

Look at your data Google Firebase is collecting.
WTF? Turn that junk off!
Google is a huge personal data collection scam.
Like FB, Twitter, etc it's all too easy to weaponize it against you. Google is a major perp.

Worse Google uses lots of resources, battery and bandwidth.
With the processing power and memory in modern smartphones cloud apps are largely undesirable and unneeded. Email however is best kept in the cloud to eliminate malware infections. Google phones don't use SD card slots. Wonder why? To force you to use their cloud crapware.

Here's a sobering thought...
At any moment Google could shutdown over half the phones in the USA. They have way too much power. We have help to create a monster.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That is the easy way...
    Do a Google search if you don't know how for that make/model.
    Network reset is generally found in setting under connectivity at least on Samsung's.

Cache clear seems to have fixed it for now ....cheers !!
    When I disabled GPS though , so many things didn't work - Google Pay, Google Keyboard etc
    Google apps will leave you high and dry eventually.
    Zero trust in Google... they earned it.
    Gmail is the only one I use daily... and that too may change.

Remember this, with Google you are the product not a customer. Google is a parasite.
    Hey guys. Since the April update I've noticed I'm getting a fair bit of Bluetooth Battery drain on my Ultra. Only thing I have connected all the time is my Huawei GT2 Pro watch, but this has always been the case and never had the issue.

Screenshot_20210424-093646_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg

Just a small snap shot from this morning.
    Never used to see any Bluetooth use here really. Have rebooted both devices but seems to be getting worse.

Any ideas ?
    Clear system cache.
    Do a network reset... see if that helps.
    Easy way to do this ?
    That is the easy way...
    Do a Google search if you don't know how for that make/model.
    Network reset is generally found in setting under connectivity at least on Samsung's.