• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bluetooth Car Audio issue with Arc on Official ICS 4.0.4??

Search This thread

maverick29

Jun 19, 2008
Pune
Hi All,

tried searching the threads on ICS upgrade with bluetooth and Blue&Me but unfortunately couldn't find much so thought of writing.

I have upgraded to the official sony ICS ROM via PC Companion on my Arc (LT15i).... done a repair... and set it up exactly the way i want to. must say that i loved it and am quite happy with the performance of the phone as well... there's the occasional lag but it isn't too bad as yet.

Now to my problem (and a few other queries) :)

1) Bluetooth: Has anybody had any success in pairing the bluetooth with another bluetooth device... preferably a car bluetooth system? I had it working perfectly on the GB (.62) ROM and could use the phone via my Fiat Linea's Blue&Me feature. Now i just can'[t pair it.... when i search for devices it does show Blue&Me but when i try to pair it all i get is that wait cursor kinda thing and then back to search devices screen. it just doesn't pair and give me the option to enter the passcode generated by Blue&Me.

2) Has anyone faced any issues in editing contacts which are synched to Google? Thankfully the HD Pics now work as google sync is not resizing them but in some contacts when i try to edit it the screen simply scrolls back to the top. these are linked contacts (Gmail... Facebook... Facebook inside Xperia.... Whatsapp).

thank you very much in advance for any help that the gurus on this forum can give. I'd especially like to get the bluetooth working as i can live with the contacts editing issue!

thanks, Maverick

arcatarc

Hi All,

tried searching the threads on ICS upgrade with bluetooth and Blue&Me but unfortunately couldn't find much so thought of writing.

I have upgraded to the official sony ICS ROM via PC Companion on my Arc (LT15i).... done a repair... and set it up exactly the way i want to. must say that i loved it and am quite happy with the performance of the phone as well... there's the occasional lag but it isn't too bad as yet.

Now to my problem (and a few other queries) :)

1) Bluetooth: Has anybody had any success in pairing the bluetooth with another bluetooth device... preferably a car bluetooth system? I had it working perfectly on the GB (.62) ROM and could use the phone via my Fiat Linea's Blue&Me feature. Now i just can'[t pair it.... when i search for devices it does show Blue&Me but when i try to pair it all i get is that wait cursor kinda thing and then back to search devices screen. it just doesn't pair and give me the option to enter the passcode generated by Blue&Me.

2) Has anyone faced any issues in editing contacts which are synched to Google? Thankfully the HD Pics now work as google sync is not resizing them but in some contacts when i try to edit it the screen simply scrolls back to the top. these are linked contacts (Gmail... Facebook... Facebook inside Xperia.... Whatsapp).

thank you very much in advance for any help that the gurus on this forum can give. I'd especially like to get the bluetooth working as i can live with the contacts editing issue!

thanks, Maverick

Same problem to me(alfa romeo mito with blue&me).
I 've tried everithing, but there is no solution, i think is a compatibility problem:i hope fiat(microsoft) make an update for his system..

Inviato dal mio ST18i

irononreverse

Oct 23, 2011
I had a few issues connecting to my Ford when I was on 4.0.3.

It seems to work ok for me when I initiate the pairing from my car stereo. Then my phone will display the "bluetooth device wants to connect" and allow me to enter the code.

mclaudio

Feb 12, 2010
Caldas da Rainha
i have exactly the same problem :)
after updating to ICS on my xperia mini pro i cannot pair to fiat blue and me :-(

anyone has ideia on what can we do?

do u think its ICS or microsoft blue and me problem?

Dazza2910

Jun 27, 2009
Got an Alfa Romeo Giulietta and have the same problem connecting to Blue&Me since upgrading to ICS 4.0.4.

Just will not work. Hope there is update soon.

Dazza

pvyParts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Did you try to clear the old pairing from the stereo? I had to reset the bt on mine. Before the phone would see it ..

Pvy

Sent from my TEAM Powered Arc S

mclaudio

Feb 12, 2010
Caldas da Rainha
Hello
the phone "sees" the blue and me and try do pairs...but no popup asking for the pin appears...i wonder if there is any way to force the phone to ask the pin given my blue and me:-(

rock.n.dave

May 28, 2008
Madrid - Spain
I think the problem is with Blue&Me... I've a Parrot and a Chinese GPS integrated in the other Car, and no problem with both of them.

Try to remove the asociation from the Car and then try to pair again. Maybe the Blue&Me assumes the device is the same and the protocol may be different.

In case it doesn't work this way, maybe you need an update from Fiat.

maverick29

Jun 19, 2008
Pune
I think the problem is with Blue&Me... I've a Parrot and a Chinese GPS integrated in the other Car, and no problem with both of them.

Try to remove the asociation from the Car and then try to pair again. Maybe the Blue&Me assumes the device is the same and the protocol may be different.

In case it doesn't work this way, maybe you need an update from Fiat.

Thanks, i will try this tomorrow and update with my results.

getting something from Fiat is probably never going to happen.... they can't get those teeny weenie yet important spare parts for the car available when you need them most so i doubt they are going to do a B&M upgrade [Country: India]

sagim

Dec 14, 2010
Same issue on Subaru forster

have the same issue on Subaru after updating to ICE, the Xperia ARC identify the car media, but it fails (and no pin enter screen)

This is not happening in GB so I guess it is an ICE issue.

Anyone have news on it? or maybe some ROM do support BT?

bheremans

Aug 6, 2007
same problem on mercedes and LT18i (xperia ray) It won't ask the pin. Sometimes I see it connected for less than a second.

I don't have the possibility to connect from car radio, it has te be connected via the phone.

Time to get a laptop to the car and chech with adb logcat

pvyParts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
same problem on mercedes and LT18i (xperia ray) It won't ask the pin. Sometimes I see it connected for less than a second.

I don't have the possibility to connect from car radio, it has te be connected via the phone.

found this whist searching online.

The Workaround:
1) Turn on bluetooth on your smartphone and open a contact card.
2) Start the pairing of hands-free of the car.
3) When the blue & me asks for the code, send the contact via Bluetooth: The phone searches for other devices. Selecting "Blue & Me", you have the opportunity to enter the code presented on the dashboard.
4) Now Blue & Me will ask you to copy the address book: Select "Yes".
5) In the notification bar of smartphone is prompted to connect bluetooth: select "do not ask for more" and accept the request.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/37053

Might do the trick...

i will look in to 4.0.4 to see if it is a bug or something... from what i can tell it is mostly sony phones with the issue tho....

Pvy.

Dazza2910

Jun 27, 2009
pvyParts, you are a star. Worked fantastic with that method. Well found, and thanks for sharing!!

:)

Dazza

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

found this whist searching online.

The Workaround:
    1) Turn on bluetooth on your smartphone and open a contact card.
    2) Start the pairing of hands-free of the car.
    3) When the blue & me asks for the code, send the contact via Bluetooth: The phone searches for other devices. Selecting "Blue & Me", you have the opportunity to enter the code presented on the dashboard.
    4) Now Blue & Me will ask you to copy the address book: Select "Yes".
    5) In the notification bar of smartphone is prompted to connect bluetooth: select "do not ask for more" and accept the request.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/37053

Might do the trick...

i will look in to 4.0.4 to see if it is a bug or something... from what i can tell it is mostly sony phones with the issue tho....

Pvy.

Hello
    the phone "sees" the blue and me and try do pairs...but no popup asking for the pin appears...i wonder if there is any way to force the phone to ask the pin given my blue and me:-(

Pair another phone with the car radio. Remember the pin you used.

Then switch on bluetooth on your arc/arc s and it should discover your car radio and display the enter pin screen. Enter the pin and it will connect. I have tried this and it works.

For people from India, this was checked on my Scorpio vlx. There is no way to initiate pairing from the kit.