Bluetooth Gamepad

Search This thread

mulligan2k

Sep 2, 2008
Hey all you gaming hd fans out there, just thought id let you in on a little discovery of mine.

The Foldable Bluetooth Gamepad DOES work with the HD

I got mine second hand off ebay, but heres a link to the product im talking about:
http://www.order-bulk.com/Bluetooth-Gamepad-For-Mobile-Sony-Ericsson-Nokia-Motorola-LG-Samsung.html?currency=GBP&language=en#googlebase

The first question is, does the HD fit inside the wings, which i can answer with a resounding yes, its a tight fit but with no chance of your HD falling out during a frantic button bashing session!

Its a little tricky to get working with the HD as the install disk, or this driver file:
http://www.gdbint.com.au/downloads/drivers/BGP100_v1502_Games_Included.zip
does not include the HD as a selectable phone, however using this sequence i got it installed:

added the gamepad to my bluetooth devices (not sure this is needed but it what i did)

connected my phone and laptop using a usb activesync

ran the setup.exe from the driver file and clicked a couple of next buttons and an agree

when selecting a phone chose the htc magician

then comes the bit that i had to try a couple of times, the cab runs on the HD and asks where to install, device or storage. the first time i tried device and the program wouldn't open, (an error about certification) so i tried again and installed to storage and hey presto everything worked!!

However there was one more stumbling block in my quest to play zelda on my phone, although the gamepad worked for navigating menus and such like, morphgear would recognise my clicks once i'd started playing. a quick search on google and reinstalling morphgear kicked this problem to touch however and here i am, about the play zelda: a link to the past until i run out of AAA batteries for the pad!!!

So if anybody else out there is into gaming and HD'ing then i would wholeheartedly recommend this product

johnpatcher

Jan 5, 2008
I haven't noticed any difficulties while installing the driver. The gamepad works just fine, unfortunately the HD doesn't fit in the middle of the gamepad, what makes it quite inefficient, at least for me ...

kstab

Feb 7, 2008
Many many thanks for the infos...

you just answered all my unanswered questions

ordering it soon.....

kstab

Feb 7, 2008
I've just received mine...

Works perfect.... more than perfect ..

installed on storage card and call of duty2, flux challenge, pocket clive (zx spectrum emulator) all work fine

Maybe just a barebly noticed lag in communication (a small delay in controls... and i am not so sure about it)

Recommended...

stefanxyz1

May 11, 2009
nice
thx for the informations
but i think it looks a lil cheap

isn´t there any posibility to use a normal bluetooth controller for example the PS3 controller ?

Wrathlon

May 15, 2009
It looks cheap but take it from someone who owns one, the build quality on it is on par/close to with Genuine playstation controllers.

Buttons feel good, not mushy and spongy, sliders move smoothly and no poorly fitting parts or grinding in the moving bits. They are REALLY good.

ez2remember

Nov 4, 2008
I have to disagree. I've had this bluetooth gamepad for a long time, mainly used for the N95. The quality is average at best and no where near the comfort of any game console controllers. The most annoying feature is the extremely poor battery life. It doesn't last more than a couple of hours... It will cost you a fortune in the long run and frustrate you in the middle of a game.

If you want a controller I would rather use the iGo Stowaway Keyboard. The battery last about 90hrs. Not ideal but it doubles up as a QWERTY. :)

zarkon85

May 18, 2009
messina
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hi!

i have buyed bgp100 gamepad too but it seems don't works correctly, A,B,C,D,R button are received from htc hd like same button...
i tried to read with attention qhat mulligan2k say but maybe i don't understand something or i don't know...

with my notebook it works correctly, i think there some driver problem or wm6.5 incompatibility?

thanks for all answer. ;)

zarkon85

May 18, 2009
messina
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
hi, you have to install ms version not widcom, it works for me, but there is other problem: A,B,C,D,R are receive from the HD with same exadecimal code and it's unusable for playing...
if it works for you please say something on this board please.

kniffo80

Dec 7, 2008
Hamburg
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hmmm ... this Gamepad is absolutely not working. Tried a lot of drivers, MS Bluetooth Stack drivers, Widcomm drivers (with them, the gamepad dialog doesn't start), samsung drivers ... everything.

The same message every time: "Connection error! Sorry! We don't support this Bluetooth Gamepad." --- tried to connect directly via bluetooth, nothing.

I think, the gamepad isn't working for me (as it's not a MSI gamepad :()

zarkon85

May 18, 2009
messina
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hmmm ... this Gamepad is absolutely not working. Tried a lot of drivers, MS Bluetooth Stack drivers, Widcomm drivers (with them, the gamepad dialog doesn't start), samsung drivers ... everything.

The same message every time: "Connection error! Sorry! We don't support this Bluetooth Gamepad." --- tried to connect directly via bluetooth, nothing.

I think, the gamepad isn't working for me (as it's not a MSI gamepad :()

probably your gamepad isn't compatible...

kstab

Feb 7, 2008
I have bought through ebay the exact gamepad.

Please note that mine is the original MSI gamepad.

I have used the drivers for the HTC Magician in the accompanying CD .

I have had no problems at all.

Have in mind that you must install the drivers in the storage card and not in the device

hoolagan85

Jun 11, 2009
Hi!

i have buyed bgp100 gamepad too but it seems don't works correctly, A,B,C,D,R button are received from htc hd like same button...
i tried to read with attention qhat mulligan2k say but maybe i don't understand something or i don't know...

with my notebook it works correctly, i think there some driver problem or wm6.5 incompatibility?

thanks for all answer. ;)

Try The Attached File

I know that this thread hasn't been posted to in a few months, but I hope that the information that I am posting will help someone. This is my first time posting anything, anywhere, on the web.... so wish me luck.

My current setup is a HTC Sprint Touch Pro flashed to ToO's CricKet rom(very nice). Whilst expirementing with emulation on the device, and mapping the keyboard buttons, all of the Action Buttons were showing up as the same location on the keyboard. Regaurdless of what button I pressed, they all came up as 020 if I remember right. After spending night after night of searching forum after forum, along came a solution. Posted somewhere in the deapths of our very own xda-developers.com I read about this program KforTP. Created by "Jack Wang", I am not sure as to how Mr. Jack came to developing this marvelous tool... but I think it would have happened like this...

Late one night in 2008 while at the bar, Jack sat sat freeloading WiFi on his HTC Touch Pro. Downloading emulators at speeds that would put The Flash to shame.
(Evil Laugh)
After a few rounds too many Jack became enraged at his phone.
"Why won't my Action Buttons map on PockSNES!"
Only it came out in a drunken slur. The bartender knew that Jack was terribly drunk.
"Hey et your drunk #[email protected] outta here!"
As Jack left the bar in his beat-up honda he turned the music up and let the windows down to keep his mind off of driving drunk. Rounding a sharp curve on a wet road Jack soon found himself spinning out of control. Lights were comming from everywhere on the dashboard....
"OH &$#% I'M GONNA DIE!!!!"
The car finally came to a hault, and Jack was deaf to the music wailinng from the speakers.
"Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaw!"
Jack got back on the road and drove safely home. After walking through the threshold of his abode, Jack knew that he survived that crash for only one reason.
"I must code a fix for my problem with the Action Buttons not mapping."

But any way the file is attached so give it a shot, and let me know how you liked my first post ever in my LIFE... any feedback would be nice.... Add me on Facebook... whatever.... oh wait, i never post my email address! But seriously let me know what you think. I have never tried this program on any device except for MY Touch Pro. The code may need to be adjusted if you intend to use it on any other device. I do not take any credit for this program in any way. The authors information is in the "about" section.

Attachments

• KforTouchPro_v1.0.0.3.CAB
    85 KB · Views: 23