Bluetooth issues

Search This thread

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
I have 3 main devices that I pair to my phone via bluetooth: watch/lg tone/car

The watch stays paired with no issues, but the watch is having issues swapping from the lg tones to the car and vice versa.

Anyone found a remedy for this?

As of now, I have to go into the bluetooth settings of the one I don't want to use and deselect media/phone, then go to the other and select media/phone. And even sometimes this takes multiple times to work.

My previous phone (gs7) had no issues swapping from the two.

waynekramer

Sep 9, 2007
Just to clarify, when you are in your car and want to connect to it, the headphones are turned off, correct?

It's not in my car but with the bluetooth device of my motorcycle helmet. The reference is ncom bluetooth kit 3. I have to connect it manually and it takes several attempts before it connects. Sometimes it doesn't connect at all....

FlyingHippo

Jun 19, 2014
I have 2 headset Plantronics Backbeat Pro and Plantronics Backbeat Fit. They both work flawlessly
My Huawei Watch also works.
But my Nokia 616 Car kit wont connect at all.
And my motorcycle hemlet bluetooth kit, Cardo scala rider PACKTALK, connects, but the audio is slowed down to about 80 percent?

doghous

Sep 17, 2010
Amsterdam
www.vwclub.gr
Same thing here.
I have been facing problems with a Sony SBH52 Headset and with my Opel Corsa E, stock infotainment system.
It gives me a hard time connecting but when it does it's stable.
I had the same with my gen 1 Moto 360 but after a factory reset to the watch and a reboot it's stable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

suizdude

May 27, 2010
Having similar issues... Every time I try to connect to my car (stock Subaru WRX), I have to manually connect and it takes several attempts before it connects. Once it connects it usually doesn't drop though. Very frustrating...

Another poster resorted to getting a whole new head unit: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5/help/sony-xav-ax100-bluetooth-issues-t3634940

I had the same issue with my TSX. I did some research and cleared the cache. Worked like a charm afterwards. Did not have the issue one week since doing that

doghous

Sep 17, 2010
Amsterdam
www.vwclub.gr
I had the same issue with my TSX. I did some research and cleared the cache. Worked like a charm afterwards. Did not have the issue one week since doing that

Ahem, I seem to be unable to find bluetooth in my app settings. Can you please give me a hint?
It's been driving me crazy these days with my SBH-52 and I want to try this too.

Thanks!

P.S.
I'll also give it a shot with a plantronics pro headset I have to see if it does the same.

daniel_loft

Jan 22, 2011
Stuttgart
Bluetooth profiles implementations, even though they passed certification, are not always made equal! So don't end up pulling your hair if a certain BT device doesn't play nice with another.
Just as an example... Head Unit X :) had big issues with the initial contacts sync, right after pairing with Samsung phones (already known to sometimes play around some other standards). It would only work after several reconnects. After several weeks of debugging (poor development guys) and reproduction test (poor testing guys) it was concluded that it is a phone issue caused by some wrong timing delays in the process of exchanging information between the HU and the phone. Samsung was informed and the ticket was internally closed.

tuncan

Dec 30, 2010
kacnje.blogspot.com
I have similar problem with Bluetooth Earbuds. Phone simple doesn't "see" the Earbuds. But strange - it can see other Bluetooth devices and other devices can see Earbuds.

I'm sure this is a OnePlus 5 software problem.
Version OxygenOS 4.5.10

tafo

Dec 8, 2008
Beirut
i have somhow issue as urs, i have Bluetooth pad lock and android watch, it sometimes connected and sometimes not, i do believe its software issue, im on 4.5.11