Bluetooth keyboard and mouse...

Search This thread

tiuk

Jul 1, 2010
still can't decide which one to order. so much keyboards
mini ones above are pretty cool but i wish there was touchpad included in keyboard and it worked)) is there anything like that? so, i need mini keyboard with touchpad :p
Yup.
Link. uploadfromtaptalk1307828405640.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

squealernet

Feb 14, 2011
Winning ;-)
still can't decide which one to order. so much keyboards
mini ones above are pretty cool but i wish there was touchpad included in keyboard and it worked)) is there anything like that? so, i need mini keyboard with touchpad :p

the ps3 minikeyboard has that, but you have to switch mode with a button. the alphabetic keys work like the touchpad then and shoulderbuttons are left & right mouse

nybom

Apr 24, 2007
Onsala
Can anybody hint me of a thread that describes how to change the layout? I have a Keysonic ACK-340BT with scandinavian layout. But the Galaxy has the US/UK layout maped...

silverfox356

Jul 18, 2011
Do you think the one below would work?

I know its for the iphone 4, but I'm sure with a little glue and some duck tape my Galaxy S2 would fit.:D

Sorry, I can't post links yet, just change xx to tt.

hxxp://images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/apple_iphone4_bluetooth_keyboard_case_open_lg.jpg

xmsnx

Jan 5, 2008
Do you think the one below would work?

I know its for the iphone 4, but I'm sure with a little glue and some duck tape my Galaxy S2 would fit.:D

Sorry, I can't post links yet, just change xx to tt.

hxxp://images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/apple_iphone4_bluetooth_keyboard_case_open_lg.jpg

It may work with the glue but might be a bit difficult to keep the duck still :D
/jk

tiuk

Jul 1, 2010
From the very first post:
EDIT: Although I believe any HID-based keyboard/mouse should work, here is an ongoing list of those confirmed by users to work -

- Palm 3245WW BT keyboard, fully working on JPH and JPK ROM's.
- The wireless (bluetooth) apple keyboard
- Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 fully working on JPH & JPK ROM's.
- Logitech Dinovo Working like a charm. Keyboard as well as the mouse.
- DealExtreme Mini Bluetooth keyboard
- SU-8W is a go!
- Logitech DiNovo EDGE
- KeySonic "Super Mini Keyboard" ACK-340BT works, including the touchpad

In my experience every bluetooth hid device I've tried has worked fine.

elimaes12

Feb 16, 2011
I have a samsung galaxy spica and would like to get a sliding keyboard for it. So I came up with the following idea:
I'm planning to buy a bluetooth slide out keyboard case for an iphone, and file some edges off so the top is flat, to then glue the keyboard case to my back cover.
I'd first need to know if the keyboard works with rooted android 2.2 software wise?

The specifications have no mention of HID or SPP compatibility.
For examples of the keyboard cases I mentioned, google for:
BLUETOOTH SLIDE-OUT KEYBOARD BACK CASE ebay
NUU MiniKey iPhone 4 Keyboard slide out case

I know this thread is meant for the Samsung Galaxy S, but it's android 2.2 as well.

gStAv

Aug 29, 2010
Örebro
Happy to report I found a fix for the mouse pointer on cm7. I think when the person who posted it intended it for either the evo or gtablet, don't remember exactly because I read a lot of search results that dealt with this. I'm linking to a cwm flashable zip. Note that when I tested this I did not flash it, I placed the .jar file it contains in my /system/framework dir and rebooted, but I see no reason why flashing should be a problem since the .jar is the only change it contains. also note that flashing a new nightly will most likely remove the .jar and you will have to replace it. I tested this on my i896 captivate and it works perfectly.

[edit]Guess I was wrong, it was for the vega. As I said, worked great for me.

Hi, and thanks for the file!

Tried to flash the zip with CWM, but that didn't work, may be due to the different model of phone? (I have the GT-I9000 runningDarkyROM 10.2EEF.)

Then I went your way and used ES File Explorer and placed the .jar file in the /system/framework dir and rebooted, but the mouse pointer is still there! :mad:

Do I have to do something else? Tried the aLogCat and the only thing I could see of intrest (though this is way beyond my skills) was
"com.broadcom.bt.service.hid.action.STATE_CHANGED" when I activated the BT Keyboard!

Guess I'm not alone with the mouse pointer problem using BT Keyboard with the GT9000!

Thanks for any help!

Best regards!

tiuk

Jul 1, 2010
Hi, and thanks for the file!

Tried to flash the zip with CWM, but that didn't work, may be due to the different model of phone? (I have the GT-I9000 runningDarkyROM 10.2EEF.)

Then I went your way and used ES File Explorer and placed the .jar file in the /system/framework dir and rebooted, but the mouse pointer is still there! :mad:

Do I have to do something else? Tried the aLogCat and the only thing I could see of intrest (though this is way beyond my skills) was
"com.broadcom.bt.service.hid.action.STATE_CHANGED" when I activated the BT Keyboard!

Guess I'm not alone with the mouse pointer problem using BT Keyboard with the GT9000!

Thanks for any help!

Best regards!

Actually, I was having the opposite problem. My bt keyboard has a trackpad , but at the time of my post cm7 wouldn't display the pointer, so I was looking for a way to add it (it was later added anyway).

You have the opposite problem; you want to hide the pointer. All you should need to do is remove the appropriate .jar. The name may vary, but it seems to usually be com.nvidia.graphics.jar

You could always compare the contents of the one I posted to the one you intend to remove to verify that they are the same.

tiuk

Jul 1, 2010
Actually, I was having the opposite problem. My bt keyboard has a trackpad , but at the time of my post cm7 wouldn't display the pointer, so I was looking for a way to add it (it was later added anyway).

You have the opposite problem; you want to hide the pointer. All you should need to do is remove the appropriate .jar. The name may vary, but it seems to usually be com.nvidia.graphics.jar

You could always compare the contents of the one I posted to the one you intend to remove to verify that they are the same.

Actually, I did a bit if digging. The most simple fix would be replacing /system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-nodpi/pointer.png with a transparent png. Simply deleting pointer.png or subbing in a 0 byte file might work too, but may cause errors, not sure.

picard666

Dec 12, 2010
fodi666.deviantart.com
hey guys,
i've found some cheap bt keyboards on ebay and would like to ask you if these work on our device:

so do these keyboards work on galaxy s? they are noname mini bt keyboards
ViewImage.aspx

49-1.jpg

tiuk

Jul 1, 2010
hey guys,
i've found some cheap bt keyboards on ebay and would like to ask you if these work on our device:

so do these keyboards work on galaxy s? they are noname mini bt keyboards
ViewImage.aspx

49-1.jpg

Yes, they work. The keys are mushy and it's not the best. I'd recommend the rii mini instead, it's the one from deal extreme that I posted elsewhere on the thread. Keys are much better, it's backlit, has a dpad, and a trackpad.

For the record, I own both. here's the other one:
Yup.
Link. View attachment 622414

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App

picard666

Dec 12, 2010
fodi666.deviantart.com
Yes, they work. The keys are mushy and it's not the best. I'd recommend the rii mini instead, it's the one from deal extreme that I posted elsewhere on the thread. Keys are much better, it's backlit, has a dpad, and a trackpad.For the record, I own both.

well the price difference is a bit much for me, the noname keyboard costs about 8 bucks on ebay while rii mini costs 40 bucks on dealextreme

has anybody heard about iPazzPort mini pro? looks like the rii mini but about half the price (http://www.ipazzport.com/10btt.html)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick vid to show off HID profile support in 2.2 firmware builds, really enjoying it with TV Out, like having another laptop in the house (one with a 42inch screen mind). Need to sort out some remote desktop action, should be sweet with this setup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21aVbYpgrRA

...and here is another showing the Zeemote in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8y5Z_Xc7fI

EDIT: Although I believe any HID-based keyboard/mouse should work, here is an ongoing list of those confirmed by users to work -

- Palm 3245WW BT keyboard, fully working on JPH and JPK ROM's.
    - The wireless (bluetooth) apple keyboard
    - Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 fully working on JPH & JPK ROM's.
    - Logitech Dinovo Working like a charm. Keyboard as well as the mouse.
    - DealExtreme Mini Bluetooth keyboard
    - SU-8W is a go!
    - Logitech DiNovo EDGE
    - KeySonic "Super Mini Keyboard" ACK-340BT works, including the touchpad

EDIT EDIT: Just so its here on the front page - WiiMotes still do not work despite the addition of HID support.

Is anybody else able to confirm that BT HID devices do not work with the JPU 2.2.1 firmware?
    d9ca9863-4d4b-a923.jpg

I have this version of universal keyboard.. I don't know if us a very old.or a special version of(you can see the menu button for Nokia symbian phone) but i have only a little.switch.. I have not a hid mode and the little.b button... I send you a little.picture...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Hmmm, strange. Is there a model number or something on the back (or maybe in the battery compartment) ?
    Could you post a pic of the entire keyboard please? Maybe someone else will recognise it :)
    Using the following guide I was able to make the German Apple Bluetooth keyboard produce the keys it is supposed to.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=504710

I attached the querty.kcm.bin file, which should work with most German QWERTZ keyboards. Just replace the original one (BACKUP!) within /system/usr/keychars

Edit: There are two keys, that do not work at all. The key above the tabulator (Keys: ^ ° ) and the between "y" and left shift (Keys: < >). Both do not generate a keycode, but a scancode, but I have no idea how to use those.
    Hold the blue button on the top while turning the switch to on position. You should see some lights flashing and then search for devices on the galaxy s. Enter the passcode on the keyboard and hit return.

and if you experience a jittery mouse (enable mouse with the burton in the middle) you have to calibrate it by holding the top two buttons (red and blue) down.

Enjoy.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App
    For that, I ask a way to "re-map" or fix these keys.

You have to patch the keymap in /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin file to use Spanish characters. There are more details about this file here: http://jahrome.free.fr/index.php/keyboard-mapping-android-htc-desire?lang=en

Use a hex editor like Winhex to patch the file. If you look back in this thread there is more info about patching definition keyboard files.