• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bluetooth Laser Keyboard

Search This thread

Bourbon Brain

Aug 28, 2010
Newcastle
Dear beloved xda x10 members,

I recently bought an itech wireless bluetooth keyboard but have not had any success in pairing with it. Has anyone had experience with it working that would like to help out?

This is the thing.
http://www.vkb-support.com/

thanks to all who reply.

I'm sure I read somewhere that 1.6 does not support Bluetooth HID such as keyboards.

Unless I am mistaken, you should wait a few days until 2.1 is released and try then.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Tasteslikeawesome

Jun 29, 2010
Perth, Australia
I'm sure I read somewhere that 1.6 does not support Bluetooth HID such as keyboards.

Unless I am mistaken, you should wait a few days until 2.1 is released and try then.

Thankyou, after much research that seems the case, lol a few days, im in Australia currently on 014 firmware, ill be lucky to get 2.1 by Q3 2011.

Tasteslikeawesome

Jun 29, 2010
Perth, Australia
I'm also in Australia. If you're with Optus, update using SEUS. They have 026 as I do..

Except I'm using the UK version which is starting to **** me.

With Telstra, although i debranded from x10a to x10i, the general forums say im on the correct firmware, will try unlocking the phone and using my other sim cards. I didnt really care about android over9000 firmware update until now, want my Hd recording, 16m colors and bluetooth 2.1 HID DAMMNIT.

ukon

Jan 15, 2009
There is an app for it. There is an app that allows you to connect a BT keyboard to the x10/android 1.6 phone.
I've tried it my self, and it worked. But I normally use it with my computer instead.
I can't quite remember the name. But it was a bit trublesome to use it imo.

But it does work!
All I remember is that I searched for BT HID or something in the Market.

If you want to be able to use enter/space etc.. youl'l need to pay for the app.

Tasteslikeawesome

Jun 29, 2010
Perth, Australia
what,get 2.1 by Q3 2011?? is that typo, wasn't it Q3 2010??, why it's so long??

My expectations of getting 2.1 are by Q3 2011, we have already been delayed 6months and im still on 014 so by the time its ready for my carrier it wont be til atleast december. i read somewhere that 2.1 would be coming out sometime this week OTA for areas with the majority of SE users.

mrtim123

Jul 28, 2010
Newcastle
My expectations of getting 2.1 are by Q3 2011, we have already been delayed 6months and im still on 014 so by the time its ready for my carrier it wont be til atleast december. i read somewhere that 2.1 would be coming out sometime this week OTA for areas with the majority of SE users.

seriously man, debrand! i was on optus firmware when i first got the phone. now im using uk generic 26 rooted. its great :)

Sep 21, 2010
oh, come on man!, debrand your device!!, it's happened on me before!!, then i debrand it!, now, it's R2BA024..

seriously man, debrand! i was on optus firmware when i first got the phone. now im using uk generic 26 rooted. its great :)
i remain used r2ba024, because there are many bugs on 26...doesn't it happen on yours??

grh_angelone

Sep 7, 2010
just a quick sidenote for the ones who are intrigued by lazerz:
never ever consider buying this keyboard.
this is the most useless piece of chinese low-tech i ever owned.
unpacked it, installed it, and sold it 2 days later on ebay.

Last edited: