• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bluetooth LDAC Codec Issues in Redmi Note 8T and MIUI 12

Search This thread

CannonNC

Feb 10, 2012
Redmi Note 8
Hi all,

Is there anybody using a bluetooth headset with LDAC codec supported on Redmi Note 8T with the latest MIUI 12?

After upgrading to MIUI12, I found my Redmi Note 8T cannot connect my Sony WH-1000XM3 which supports LDAC correctly. Everytime I switch on the LDAC supporting in Bluetooth setting, the sound will be played from the phone speaker instead of the WH-1000XM3. So I can only use APTX now.

Factory reset does not work for me, and I tried to get some log with

adb logcat | grep -i mediarouter

and notice that the bluetooth device name (WH-1000XM3) becomes empty when the LDAC is turned on. The audio will be routed to (played by) the phone speaker.

After the LDAC is turned off, the bluetooth device name appears again and the audio will be routed to (played by) the bluetooth headset.

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
Is there anybody using a bluetooth headset with LDAC codec
****UI Sux !
01.jpg

Reactions: wsdyleon

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka

wsdyleon

Feb 2, 2012
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
it should work if your BT app does not have it's own "libbluetooth.so"
plus it's a magisk module = you can uninstall if it's not working ...

AOSP have dialer + fast charging
which rom are u using now?it seems that many roms does not have the function of fast charging。
the globe version seldom has indexing of Chinese “PINYIN ” in dialler app?and my repeated question“any way to wake screen by touch fingerprint,without password,just only to wake screen like miui doing”

“WHAT DOESN'T WORK?Fast charging on Chinese variant of Redmi Note 8

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
which rom are u using now?
Resurrection Remix Aosp10 with 16 kernel

it seems that many roms does not have the function of fast charging
80% of the roms i tested have fast charging (i tested all)
fast charge problems apear when you use a differant or incompatible kernel or incompatible charger

the globe version seldom has indexing of Chinese “PINYIN ” in dialler app ?
i don't know what you mean, chinese letters on dialpad ? i don't think i saw that ...

any way to wake screen by touch fingerprint,without password,just only to wake screen like miui
i don't use FP but it should be there ...

WHAT DOESN'T WORK? Fast charging on Chinese variant of Redmi Note 8
i saw notes like that long time ago, i think things have been fixed in the latest stable firmwares ...

wsdyleon

Feb 2, 2012
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
T9:retrieve contacts by entering numbers, full spelling or initials of Chinese letter in the dial panel,Support Chinese, Korean, Greek, Russian, Hebrew and Ukrainian etc.
this function appears on roms such as miui and mookee

Top Liked Posts