• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bluetooth loses devices after sleep

Search This thread

bjt2

Jan 30, 2017
Any help with this issue would be very appreciated! I've had this from the very beginning where after the device goes to sleep, then wakes again the bluetooth devices disappear from the paired list, plus it won't find anything when you search. After you hard reboot it works perfectly again until you next put it to sleep. This means the OBDII won't connect in Torque, phone won't connect etc until you reboot every time you get in the car which is major pain.

- I've tried replacing the bluetooth module with a USB and physically removing the onboard one.
- Replacing MTCManager with a version that doesn't kill any services/apps during sleep
- Using the whitelist from Graser Dasaita's tool
- Tried multiple ROM's

Unfortunately I'm at the end of my Android knowledge so not sure what to try next. Seems like its some kind of service that gets killed? Weirdly it will sometimes for no apparent reason randomly reconnect when I'm driving along.

Please help!

Running PX5, Maylask Android 6.0.1 (ROM version 7.2)

bjt2

Jan 30, 2017
I've since discovered the system service "bluetoothservice" gets killed which is probably causing my issue. How do you automatically start a service on wake? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

bjt2

Jan 30, 2017
I had white listed "bluetooth com.microntek.bluetooth" but I also needed to white list bluetoothservice android.microntek.mtcservice still doesn't work though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts