Bluetooth no media audio sound AAC, SBC codec -Redmi Note 5 Global 9.5.6.0 & 9.5.13.0

Search This thread

ssilahim

May 25, 2008
I have the same problem with my (otherwise excellent) Redmi Note 5, no sound when I connect it to both stereos I own, Kenwood DDX4017BT and Pioneer MVH-X580bt. Trying to select Additional settings, Developer option, and then scroll to find and change the codec while driving is really a nightmare., and too dangerous.!!!
The worst thing is that my ancient S3 Neo connects fine without any problems...

However, my Note 5 connects fine to a VW Golf OEM stereo, so it looks like the problem is a combination of the codec that MIUI is using and the codec that the stereo is accepting.

Last edited:

aneras

Jul 25, 2018
Same problem for me with Kenwood KMM-BT204, redmi note 5 global stable, miui 9.5.19.0

All other bluetooth devices and headphones are working perfect, really a shame because with my old car radio there were no issues with bluetooth.... :(

leclark

Sep 9, 2013
Kenwood KMM-BT315U here. Same problem, device works normal with other devices; headphones, bt portable speakers, etc.

For the record, i can make calls with the handsfree option un the stereo, music it's the one that fails.

haven80

Feb 21, 2008
Rome
www.cassaro.eu
I can connect to Bluetooth stereo in my car or portable speakers but with poor quality. If i listen to acustic, classical or some pop music its ok. With high pitch music like rock or some heavy metal its a shame. Lower the volume didn’t help. Tried playing around with equalizer but nothing make sound quality better. The distortion its always noticable also with low volume. With my older phones there’s no problem. Really sad. Hope its a software problem. It seems like the connection its made with low bitrate. Changing options in developers menu does not help.
It always reset to default settings.
I wait 360 hours to unlock and find a solution or i will sell ren5pro.

Last edited:

Drawmaster

Apr 18, 2013
possible solution

Redmi note 5 Global with MIUI 9.5.13.0 .
I have encountered the same problem with MVH-X580bt, after quick research it seems this is common issue for Oreo not for MIUI.
In my case I just update FW for my headunit and the problem is resolved.

absulutebeginner

Nov 20, 2016
Redmi note 5 Global with MIUI 9.5.13.0 .
I have encountered the same problem with MVH-X580bt, after quick research it seems this is common issue for Oreo not for MIUI.
In my case I just update FW for my headunit and the problem is resolved.

It's not common isssue for Oreo, it is a Xiaomi issue.
With my Mi A2 Lite stock AndroidOne phone the BT works.
Your car audio manufacturer Pioneer better, than Kenwood, because no firmware update for Kenwood headunits.

PeterStein

Jun 9, 2014
Same issue with JVC radio

I'm running into the same problem with a JVC KD-X441DBT.
MP3 track information comes through, but no audio.
Note 5 Global model, firmware v9.6.3.0 (OEIMIFD)

ministerbeel

Sep 29, 2015
Xiaomi should solve this issue, but there is no response.
For me this means that I have to sell my Redmi note and buy another phone.
All through I liked this phone.

sagematt

Apr 13, 2015
AAC working on MIUI 10 Beta

AAC working perfectly on my car radio. Using MIUI 10 beta (version from the screenshot was 8.8.16).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-19-12-03-54-522_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-19-12-03-54-522_com.android.settings.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,062

Logic2

Sep 17, 2017
Just bought RN5 China version running global 9.6
Same problem here in fact 2 probs
On one car with a JVC head unit no media audio while phone calls work fine.
On another car with a stock old unit, the call audio is stuttering. Haven't yet tried any of the codec changes
But someone here said no problem on miui 10 beta while another one said problem still persists.

Not sure if I should go through the hassle of moving to miui10 beta or not.

Logic2

Sep 17, 2017
Okay, I can confirm that manually going to developer options and changing the codec to SBC fixes the media streaming but it has to be done Everytime I can connect. Quiet annyong.

In regards to the stuttering for the call audio on the other car, no changes fixed that....

iAerick

Sep 9, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8
Android Version: 8.1.0 OPM1.171019.011
MIUI Version: MIUI Global 9.6 | Stable

JVC KW-R930BT

Having the same issue here.
Devices get connected via Bluetooth well, JVC displays the song playing, and controls on the JVC work fine (previous, pause, next), but there is no audio.
Phone calls work perfectly fine.

Audio will work when Bluetooth Audio Codec is changed to "SBC", with stuttering issues however.
Bluetooth Audio Codec will then reset to default when the devices are disconnected.

Is there somewhere that I can contribute to notify Xiaomi regarding this issue?
I'm hoping for an official patch to be released, as I'm not keen on rooting/flashing my Mi 8.

iAerick

Sep 9, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 8
Android Version: 8.1.0 OPM1.171019.011
MIUI Version: MIUI Global 9.6 | Stable

JVC KW-R930BT

Having the same issue here.
Devices get connected via Bluetooth well, JVC displays the song playing, and controls on the JVC work fine (previous, pause, next), but there is no audio.
Phone calls work perfectly fine.

Audio will work when Bluetooth Audio Codec is changed to "SBC", with stuttering issues however.
Bluetooth Audio Codec will then reset to default when the devices are disconnected.

Is there somewhere that I can contribute to notify Xiaomi regarding this issue?
I'm hoping for an official patch to be released, as I'm not keen on rooting/flashing my Mi 8.

The issue is resolved when my Mi 8 received the MIUI 10 update.

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I have no problem with various of Bluetooth headset, headphone, earphone and speaker. All play the sound properly and use SBC codec by default. It seems this is bug from Oreo itself. I remember someone ask the similar things in Automagic forum, and I just realize it now. I have flash RR 6.1. But the codec also reseted to default when we exit the developer option, same as in MIUI.

It seems there is no viable solution currently. I would use workaround if I encounter this problem. You will need automation app, which detect bluetooth connected event to certain device. Launch the developer option and use accessibility to scroll and change that codec option back to sbc. I prooftest the concept in Automagic, but you can use tasker + autoinput or other Automation app which support accessibility to do it. But yeah, it is too hassle for most users here, as not everyone use automation app.
After 3 months, this bug still haven't been fixed for some users. So the other guy in the kaskus tested the workaround by using automagic to select the SBC codec when the bluetooth device connected.
843777_201809180831300427.jpg

It works. But of course you have installed the automation app (can be this automagic or tasker + autoinput), and have it running all the time. Kinda wasting if you use only for this purpose. But will be great if you use it again for other stuff.

The best solution is still pushing the bug and post about it again in the MI forum so it get fixed faster.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xiaomi doesn't repair this bug in stock MIUI ROMS.
    Bluetooth audio works perfect, with custom ROMS:
    - LineageOS ROM,
    - Pixel Experience ROM.
    Bluetooth no media audio sound AAC, SBC codec -Redmi Note 5 Global 9.5.6.0 & 9.5.13.0

Redmi Note 5 Global 9.5.6.0 & 9.5.13.0 ROMS:
    The media player plays the song, but there is no audio sound when I connect via Bluetooth the Redmi Note 5 phone to my Kenwood KMM-BT304 car headunit (Kenwood 2018 modell year, supoorts AAC and SBC codecs).
    The car radio works fine with Redmi Note 5A, Samsung Galaxy S7, etc.

At the developer options AAC is the default codec.
    If I manually change it to SBC, then works perfect.
    But at the next time, when I connect to the car radio, there will be no media audio sound again... I have to set manually the SBC codec.

Is there any media patch what fixs this problem?
    I had this no media audio problem with my pioneer MVH-S300BT. Just flashed latest pioneer firmware and its fixed it for me.

That firmware was to fix -

Ver 8.15 (August, 2018 Update)
    Fixed the problem that the receiving volume of particular smart phone becomes
    low when talking on the phone connected to a CD Receiver with BT.
    Fixed the problem that USB source playback will stop when the ID3 tag contains
    specific genre number information.
    Fixed the problem that the phone number will not be displayed on a CD Receiver
    when a contact information in a phone's address book contains a photo/image.
    Supports Bluetooth playback of some smart phones (Android Ver. 8).