Bluetooth not working

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Not sure if this is just my phone but bluetooth has not been working the last update of 7.1.2 and Android O the most recent version. When I toggle bluetooth it does not activate and i have tried clearing out the cache. Not sure if this is a software issue or possible related to hardware. I did have a good drop with my phone although nothing on the exterior appears damaged. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Just RMAing the phone. It appears that it is only my phone doing it. Actually Google's customer service is really good. I'm glad I bought from them.

I had a Galaxy S4 from Samsung in 2013 and the battery ended up swelling and I called them for a replacement which they would not replace, but would thoughtfully sell me a new battery. Then they lost $5.3 billion from their Note 7 recall due to the battery and I was very happy and laughed.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Was this just the phone audio in your car by chance? I have a similar issue and have an open case with google about it.

No it's definitely the phone. I have my Nexus 5x right now on 8.0 and it's working fine. Nothing wrong with the software.

I use Android auto as well and it's working fine. There's something wrong with the hardware component in the phone most likely. I have a 2017 Honda Civic

Did an RMA and sending it out.

Last edited:

marc.ientilucci

Dec 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
www.starvingmarc.com
No it's definitely the phone. I have my Nexus 5x right now on 8.0 and it's working fine. Nothing wrong with the software.

I use Android auto as well and it's working fine. There's something wrong with the hardware component in the phone most likely. I have a 2017 Honda Civic

Did an RMA and sending it out.

sorry - let me clarify my question. Was bluetooth media working and just not phone calls over bluetooth? I have a 2017 honda civic as well (LX version so a dumb head unit) and only having bluetooth phone call issues. I can play spotify and other stuff like youtube just fine.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
sorry - let me clarify my question. Was bluetooth media working and just not phone calls over bluetooth? I have a 2017 honda civic as well (LX version so a dumb head unit) and only having bluetooth phone call issues. I can play spotify and other stuff like youtube just fine.

No. Bluetooth would not activate at all so nothing worked. When i toggled the switch it would not turn on and scan for bluetooth. It appears that my situation was much significant as nothing worked. My replacement should be here tommorow. For your stock rooted set up did you just boot into TWRP then flash the latest SU ? Lately I've been running stock, so I don't know what the most recent form to root is for 8.0

Last time I rooted was like April or May of this year, but I just booted the TWRP image, flash TWRP, then flash SU

marc.ientilucci

Dec 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
www.starvingmarc.com
I've been stock rooted for some time but for the 8.0 update I rooted with SuperSU SRS3 via TWRP. Google had me actually grab a bug report and shoot it over to them along with information about the bluetooth radio manufacture of the car. I am cool with continuing to help them out. anyway, thanks for your feedback and i hope the new one works!

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Got my new pixel replacement. It was the phone, I'm on the latest 7.1.2 update and it's working fine. The refurb looks brand new, you can tell it's a refurb by the charging port, but the rest of the phone is virtually new. No scratches on the glass or scuffs on the metal body. Compared to the current pixel I have with multiple long scratches along the front glass screen, even though it's a refurb its still in much better condition than my current Pixel.

I noticed my night light is super orange the screen is compared to my current Pixel. I think this is an issue related to earlier batches of the Pixel. It's just very orange with the night light but given the condition my current pixel is in, I'll still take it over my current one.