Blury note 20 ultra photos??

Search This thread

skillzo1

Sep 17, 2009
My phone is 3 days old… im noticing blury pictures mostly in backround.* Some with dead on images.* Seems like its not focusing.* Took a picture of my truck amd sent it to my email where i first noticed it on the computer.* Was 108mp picture and the backround looked blury or washed out.* *I also tried my sisters fresh out the box note 20 ultra and same issue.*I was setting her phone up. S10 plus didnt have the issue of same photos.* Used sisterd old phone to compare. 1 picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200823-194128_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200823-194128_Gallery.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 463
  • 20200823_195609.jpg
    20200823_195609.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:

batsup606

Jun 17, 2013
Mission, TX
My phone is 3 days old… im noticing blury pictures mostly in backround.* Some with dead on images.* Seems like its not focusing.* Took a picture of my truck amd sent it to my email where i first noticed it on the computer.* Was 108mp picture and the backround looked blury or washed out.* *I also tried my sisters fresh out the box note 20 ultra and same issue.*I was setting her phone up. S10 plus didnt have the issue of same photos.* Used sisterd old phone to compare. 1 picture.

I am having the same issue as well. I have noticed that the camera blurs the back and even some parts that it is trying to focus on. I might just contact Samsung and see what is up, but you ain't alone here.

I'm on my 6th Note (the 9 & 10+ are with family members for comparison) and I'm having blurry photo issues too, getting worried.
Also the battery life is nothing short of crap... hoping it's still learning.
Not happy so far.
In the last 2 months I've had an Oppo Find X2 Pro and then a Huawei P40 Pro + and the cameras on both were better :(

skillzo1

Sep 17, 2009
Here's a night shot of my truck... awesome cameraView attachment 5085189

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I am having the same issue as well. I have noticed that the camera blurs the back and even some parts that it is trying to focus on. I might just contact Samsung and see what is up, but you ain't alone here.

I thought it was just me or my phone. You can see the image i took of my sisters s10 plus with her gallery showing with my note 20 ultra. Its very badly blurred or washed out. So i took my sisters fresh out the box note 20 ultra which i was setting up for her and it had the same exact results. I made sure the camera settings was the same on both to compare pictures. Then i pulled up my gallery on my note 20 ultra… and took a picture with the s10 plus. It was a world of difference. There was no blury or washed out colors or words. I asked my girlfriend who also just got the note 20 ultra if she noticed anything blury with her phone and she replied yes and sent me a picyure she took of her daughter eating. The backround was very blury or again washed out with color. I confirmed issues with 3 people that i know personally that have the note 20 ultra.

I cantacted samsung thru Samaung Members chat. I got the typical replies that will all result in a hard reset. Im not trying to do that after i just took an entire day setting up my phone to yield the same results that im getting on 3 different phones. Im afraid unless many more people start seeing this ill have to get another note 20 ultra and fear itll be the same.

I'm on my 6th Note (the 9 & 10+ are with family members for comparison) and I'm having blurry photo issues too, getting worried.
Also the battery life is nothing short of crap... hoping it's still learning.
Not happy so far.
In the last 2 months I've had an Oppo Find X2 Pro and then a Huawei P40 Pro + and the cameras on both were better :(

Ive been in the note and galaxy family since the s3. I am seeing little hiccuos here and there with the phone. My battety life has been pretty good tho. I see a almost like a glitch every now and then here and there. Cant explain it. Im sure that in time will be fixed with updates. The other thing that is driving me crazy is i use Single tap to swipe feature which allows you to answer the phone by tapping the answer button rather then swiping. But when i activate it… .it brings up a perminant accessories menu on your screen that floats on any screen your seeing. With my old s10 plus it did this to but you can comoletly remove the menu and hid it. On the note 20 ultra you cant. There is an option to hide it on the edge panel but it still gets in the way and i accidentally touch it and i see it on all my screens.

batsup606

Jun 17, 2013
Mission, TX
Fix from Samsung

I spoke with Samsung and they said I can file a warranty claim, free of charge, and some expert will take a look at the issue. You can take it locally or have it shipped out.

I will wait and see what fixes arise, if nothing shows up in a month then I will get it sent to Samsung.

Candices93

Aug 24, 2020
Hey I have the same issue. It blurs the surrounding focus. I also checked my s10 and did not have the same issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? Its weird bc this is supposed to be the best camera out there.

Reactions: skillzo1

skillzo1

Sep 17, 2009
I spoke with Samsung and they said I can file a warranty claim, free of charge, and some expert will take a look at the issue. You can take it locally or have it shipped out.

I will wait and see what fixes arise, if nothing shows up in a month then I will get it sent to Samsung.

Im assuming your having the same issue?

skillzo1

Sep 17, 2009

Aren't the backgrounds supposed to naturally blur a bit? I remember reviews talking about the "natural bokeh" effect.

I hope not..it ruins the picture in my opinion. But again even the picture i took with no backround is bad and blurry.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone