Blury note 20 ultra photos??

Search This thread

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
Aren't the backgrounds supposed to naturally blur a bit? I remember reviews talking about the "natural bokeh" effect.

You are correct. With the large sensor size the plane of focus is very thin so things deeper or more shallow then the object of focus will begin to blur quickly compared to phones with smaller sensors that can keep everything in focus. Just the nature of the the sensor size that Samsung has chosen to use.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

The background blur is because of the sensor size.
If the thing you want to be in focus, is in focus, everything should be ok.

For the most part is okay, but if you're trying to get close up to a small object and focus on one part of it, that one point may be in focus but the rest of the object will fall out of focus. And that's irritating, lol.

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
I'm pretty impressed.

Attachments

• 20200823_121442.jpg
    20200823_121442.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20200823_122419.jpg
    20200823_122419.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Mohamad Gahed

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
  • Jan 30, 2006
    NSW, Australia
    Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    OP, can you post an example photo here that shows the issue you're having. It sounds to me like it's working as intended. As others have said, this is how photography works. Background will appear out of focus, especially if it's in the distance.

The camera on this device is outstanding.

Here's my pupper (Live Focus mode) :)

(click for full size)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mohamad Gahed

skillzo1

Sep 17, 2009
    OP, can you post an example photo here that shows the issue you're having. It sounds to me like it's working as intended. As others have said, this is how photography works. Background will appear out of focus, especially if it's in the distance.

The camera on this device is outstanding.

Here's my pupper (Live Focus mode) :)

(click for full size)

I posted attachments in my original post.

Top Liked Posts