Boat Browser

Search This thread
Gone from the Play store... anyone know the story? Rich
Nothing that I can locate but, the following 2 threads and website are specific to this browser...

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1308752

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2449131

https://www.boatmob.com/

It looks to me that either the developers pulled/abandoned there developments or the Play Store pulled them all but, it looks more like the first one (just a guess).

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
that was my favourite browser for years!!!!! [emoji848][emoji26]

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 4 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reactions: xRedDroidx

Oxyballids

Jun 15, 2008
Yes,

It was my favorite to! I am so angry it is gone. Which by the way is not the only app I loved that is no longer in the app store or available! Totally not OK!

chooks007

Jul 30, 2013
Sydney
I wonder if it became abandonware cos after the few years I've had it as my 2nd most used browser I finally decided to pay for the pro update. :crying:

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

xRedDroidx

Dec 1, 2012

Yeah same here, it was the best browser hands down, that button at the bottom was so handy. It even had Firefox sync but now it stopped working.Now i'm using Opera on both pc and mobile but it's not the same at all :/

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
i'm so sad.I till use it on my tablet.(don't know if is safe though) maybe we can request devs to continue the project [emoji6]

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 4 Prime μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

wadie93

May 8, 2010
yeah me too i noticed that some features are down, so sad was my favorite browser, i'm switching to firefox or dolphin, goodbye old friend!

Last edited:

sardonicus87

Jan 31, 2019
Glad to see after all these years since it was abandoned, people still are praising it and asking about it.

I'm still using it right now on my Galaxy S5. And it mostly still works and still gets better HTML5 support scores than Chrome despite having been abandoned 100 years ago (I guess another testament to just how great Boat was that it's still 99% working, though I am stuck on Android 6.0).

I actually came here to see if anyone knew a legitimate alternative to Boat. At some point this year, I finally am going to have to get a new phone I think, and that means I can no longer get Boat, unless I can find a safe third-party hosted copy of the apk.

I tried several browsers so far, and not a single one even comes remotely close to Boat. The handful that have the option of having actual tabs, are all horribly implemented.

Dolphin, for example, in full screen with tabbed browsing is jittery and doesn't work right. For one, the full screen randomly breaks and shows the status bar. Then, rather than having a neat little button that disappears after a few seconds that you can tap once to bring back and tap to open the tab bar, you have to drag down from the top to get to the tabs, which are all too big, and the design is ugly and unclean, never mind that it's jumpy, you can't re-hide the tabs once revealed, it doesn't allow fullscreen keyboard override in landscape mode... (I could go on forever about how crap it, and others, are) Like, if Boat was Legos, then Dolphin is like a cheap knock-off of Mega Bloks (in terms of UI/looks and how buggy it is).

So far, not a single browser is, for me, a suitable replacement. I almost thought about trying to learn coding and revive it myself, but then I remember how I tried making an app before for personal use way back in the Android Gingerbread days and it took a year just to get the basics down and a working menu, and I ultimately abandoned the app I was trying to make at that time because I couldn't keep up with how rapidly everything kept changing.

I wish I was rich, I would pay someone to revive Boat, as well as revive the best soft keyboard ever that also is abandoned can't find anything that even comes close to as a replacement: Thumb Keyboard.

Last edited:

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
someone rise up this browser please..[emoji19][emoji37][emoji58]
Our heart is broken...

Reactions: sardonicus87

dawabz94

Sep 24, 2010
France
Same story here
This one has been my browser for years and even on android 9, it delivers the best browsing experience for me
Can't find any equivalent alternative :(
If one of us finds a good enough alternative, please share

sardonicus87

Jan 31, 2019
If anyone of skill can walk me through it, I can try to rip all the source code/apk from my phone, but I am not rooted so, I don't know how much I can get. I do have the last full/pro version and the pro version license.

Obviously we can't just steal Boat (but I dunno, since it is abandoned and all...), but we could just update the coding and maybe maybe a "Boat Revived" or something?

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
pleaseee someone re-build the best ever browser!!!!!

windstrings

Nov 22, 2009
I heard they "for whatever reason" decided not to play with all of Googles rules, maybe about downloading restrictions, or possibly protocols that allow Googles monitoring.

I've noticed "for instance" when I hit the left view all button "I use Nava launcher" , the boat browser will not appear like all the other apps.

At any rate, I find it often does not render some html pages and I have to bounce to ff or chrome.

Without continued support, I'm. Looking for alternatives.

Chrome is fast enough but limited on many customization features.

sardonicus87

Jan 31, 2019
I heard they "for whatever reason" decided not to play with all of Googles rules, maybe about downloading restrictions, or possibly protocols that allow Googles monitoring.

I've noticed "for instance" when I hit the left view all button "I use Nava launcher" , the boat browser will not appear like all the other apps.

Do you mean like the "active applications" button on Samsung devices? Yeah, I noticed as well. Sometimes I want to copy and paste stuff between the browser and a notepad and I can't just swap back, it often won't be in the recent apps thing, so I have to go back to my home screen then hit the browser again. Luckily it stays on whatever page and doesn't close when it does that.

There also was a print plugin for Boat that never worked for my printer, I always had to open whatever I wanted to print in Chrome so that I could share it to my print service plugin.

At any rate, I find it often does not render some html pages and I have to bounce to ff or chrome.

Without continued support, I'm. Looking for alternatives.

Chrome is fast enough but limited on many customization features.

I still haven't found any alternatives that have the features I want. Like, Dolphin browser is super buggy for me and slow, and it's super ugly aesthetically. The one thing I most want in any browser, is traditional tabs in a tab bar. Dolphin does that, but that's also what's so buggy about it, but Dolphin's tab bar is also huge and gaudy.

It seems most of the browsers, regardless of what features they offer, prefer to do things in windows like Chrome, and I don't like that. Almost none of them offer tabs in a tab bar.

Unfortunately, there's literally nothing that's truly like Boat.

But for me, I haven't had any issues 99% of the time loading any pages in Boat. On a few occasions I have and had to switch to a different browser or use a desktop version backdoor since so many webpages ignore browser requests and force certain page views based on device (like, it ignores the browser setting to request desktop page because the page reads you're on a mobile phone).

Last edited:
Reactions: bagery77

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah same here, it was the best browser hands down, that button at the bottom was so handy. It even had Firefox sync but now it stopped working.Now i'm using Opera on both pc and mobile but it's not the same at all :/
    Glad to see after all these years since it was abandoned, people still are praising it and asking about it.

I'm still using it right now on my Galaxy S5. And it mostly still works and still gets better HTML5 support scores than Chrome despite having been abandoned 100 years ago (I guess another testament to just how great Boat was that it's still 99% working, though I am stuck on Android 6.0).

I actually came here to see if anyone knew a legitimate alternative to Boat. At some point this year, I finally am going to have to get a new phone I think, and that means I can no longer get Boat, unless I can find a safe third-party hosted copy of the apk.

I tried several browsers so far, and not a single one even comes remotely close to Boat. The handful that have the option of having actual tabs, are all horribly implemented.

Dolphin, for example, in full screen with tabbed browsing is jittery and doesn't work right. For one, the full screen randomly breaks and shows the status bar. Then, rather than having a neat little button that disappears after a few seconds that you can tap once to bring back and tap to open the tab bar, you have to drag down from the top to get to the tabs, which are all too big, and the design is ugly and unclean, never mind that it's jumpy, you can't re-hide the tabs once revealed, it doesn't allow fullscreen keyboard override in landscape mode... (I could go on forever about how crap it, and others, are) Like, if Boat was Legos, then Dolphin is like a cheap knock-off of Mega Bloks (in terms of UI/looks and how buggy it is).

So far, not a single browser is, for me, a suitable replacement. I almost thought about trying to learn coding and revive it myself, but then I remember how I tried making an app before for personal use way back in the Android Gingerbread days and it took a year just to get the basics down and a working menu, and I ultimately abandoned the app I was trying to make at that time because I couldn't keep up with how rapidly everything kept changing.

I wish I was rich, I would pay someone to revive Boat, as well as revive the best soft keyboard ever that also is abandoned can't find anything that even comes close to as a replacement: Thumb Keyboard.
    Thanks for the links... boatmob.com is dead. That's why I posted. I'm thinking abandonware.

Rich

someone rise up this browser please..[emoji19][emoji37][emoji58]
    Our heart is broken...