Boeffla Kernel for Galaxy S5 G900F, Stock, CM11, CM12

Search This thread

Lascaille

Aug 16, 2011
Hi Andi,

Thanks a lot for this Kernel, I used it for ages on my S3 and it was one of the main reasons I chose to upgrade to an S5. I let other people spend their money on the cutting edge models :)

I am noticing one problem with the proximity sensor with both 1.4 and 1.5-beta which I have replicated both times with a new install.

My firmware version is stock G900FZHS1BPC2_G900FZZH1BPC2_G900FZHS1BPC2_HOME (the most recent TGY from sammobile.)

The phone has nothing else installed - I replicated last night: flash this ROM from odin, flash CF-Root, flash TWRP, backup /boot, flash Boeffla kernel.

Following those steps the proximity sensor never registers 'near' (or 1.0 in the Samsung proximity test) or any other app. The ADC values change correctly (0-20 when distant, 255 when covered) so the sensor is working and accessible but the actual 'proximity' never triggers. This affects calling as the screen does not turn off. Restoring the stock kernel solves the issue.

I am not an android developer but have dev experience and am technical, I hope that I can help debug if you point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts