Boooader locked in developer options but root working fine

Search This thread

pythonner

Jan 30, 2019
Redmi Note 9
Developer option shows bootloader as locked but after reboot bootloader shows as unlocked . twrp working but Fastboot not working so I'm afraid I might brick my device as I can't flash fastboot rom. Please help.

eleven.co

Feb 6, 2021
Xiaomi Mi A2
I wanna know what you mean by 'Fastboot not working'. Does it mean you can't boot into fastboot mode, or does it mean you can't access fastboot commands on your pc?

Also i wanna know, while unlocking Bootloader. Did you used commands
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
and
Code:
fastboot oem unlock_critical
?

pythonner

Jan 30, 2019
Redmi Note 9
The device does boot into fastboot but doesnt respond to any fastboot command
It doesn't even show up on typing fastboot device

I unlocked the bootloader using miunlocktool
But the device doesnt even show up in the tool

Last edited:

eleven.co

Feb 6, 2021
Xiaomi Mi A2
The device does boot into fastboot but doesnt respond to any fastboot command
It doesn't even show up on typing fastboot device

I unlocked the bootloader using miunlocktool
But the device doesnt even show up in the tool
If it's not responding to fastboot commands I worry that if correct drivers are installed on your pc.
  • Plug-in ur device while in fastboot mode to your pc.
  • Open Mi Unlock tool(this works very first time, you don't even have to install this tool). There's a setting icon on top right corner.
  • A dialogue box will appear, displaying to install drivers.
  • Install 'em. It will ask you to remove and plug-in your device again.
  • Now, download the platform tools file.
  • Open cmd in the platform tools folder.
  • Now try using fastboot commands.

pythonner

Jan 30, 2019
Redmi Note 9
If it's not responding to fastboot commands I worry that if correct drivers are installed on your pc.
  • Plug-in ur device while in fastboot mode to your pc.
  • Open Mi Unlock tool(this works very first time, you don't even have to install this tool). There's a setting icon on top right corner.
  • A dialogue box will appear, displaying to install drivers.
  • Install 'em. It will ask you to remove and plug-in your device again.
  • Now, download the platform tools file.
  • Open cmd in the platform tools folder.
  • Now try using fastboot commands.
I updated the usb driver but unlock tool can't even detect the devices and when I type fastboot devices in platform tools the device is also not detected
I'm afraid of installing custom roms because if I brick it I will not be able to even flash the official fastboot rom

eleven.co

Feb 6, 2021
Xiaomi Mi A2
I updated the usb driver but unlock tool can't even detect the devices and when I type fastboot devices in platform tools the device is also not detected
I'm afraid of installing custom roms because if I brick it I will not be able to even flash the official fastboot rom
Boot your phone, connect through USB to PC. Now check in Windows File Explorer. Is your device visible there?
If not, open Device Manager and you'll find something with the name adb (You can go through this guide). In my case it was under Acer. Just update those drivers manually and see if your device is visible now.

pythonner

Jan 30, 2019
Redmi Note 9
Boot your phone, connect through USB to PC. Now check in Windows File Explorer. Is your device visible there?
If not, open Device Manager and you'll find something with the name adb (You can go through this guide). In my case it was under Acer. Just update those drivers manually and see if your device is visible now.
the devices shows up in file explorer and device manger when its turned on but after putting in fastboot mode the platform tools cant detect the device

eleven.co

Feb 6, 2021
Xiaomi Mi A2
the devices shows up in file explorer and device manger when its turned on but after putting in fastboot mode the platform tools cant detect the device
This is sad. Try fiddling around. I am unable to identify what could be the possible reason behind non-detection of device over platform tools as there are many. Maybe go through this article. It has various methods to fix non - detection of device.

pythonner

Jan 30, 2019
Redmi Note 9
This is sad. Try fiddling around. I am unable to identify what could be the possible reason behind non-detection of device over platform tools as there are many. Maybe go through this article. It has various methods to fix non - detection of device.
Now developer options is showing as unlocked and adb is also working good
but fastboot is still not working when I type fastboot devices It returns nothing

pythonner

Jan 30, 2019
Redmi Note 9
What could be possible explanation to adb working but fastboot not working. The usb cable is tight and bootloader is unlocked even in developer options