Question Boost Carrier locked S22 Ultra Snapdragon USA

Search This thread

ohanquels

Account currently disabled
Jun 28, 2022
I recently purchased an S22 Ultra from swappa for my wife. This phone is not stolen or financed. I've never had an issue getting any carrier to unlock a phone that has been paid off, but apparently Boost Mobile requires that any Boost Mobile carrier locked phone be active on their network for at least a year before they'll release the unlock code, even if the phone is paid off. At this point I have an expensive paperweight. Can anyone point me in a direction to get this phone carrier unlocked without the help of the carrier? I'm fairly comfortable with ADB, Fastboot and ODIN. I'd love any suggestions that anyone may have.

Last edited by a moderator:

peacey8

Jul 28, 2013
I recently purchased an S22 Ultra from swappa for my wife. This phone is not stolen or financed. I've never had an issue getting any carrier to unlock a phone that has been paid off, but apparently Boost Mobile requires that any Boost Mobile carrier locked phone be active on their network for at least a year before they'll release the unlock code, even if the phone is paid off. At this point I have an expensive paperweight. Can anyone point me in a direction to get this phone carrier unlocked without the help of the carrier? I'm fairly comfortable with ADB, Fastboot and ODIN. I'd love any suggestions that anyone may have.
If the phone is paid off and not on contract, the carrier is legally required to give you an unlock code by law. Show them the law and threaten their ass that you're going to sue them if they don't give it to you. This is illegal if the contract is paid up.