<Boost Mobile MMS Settings> <Rom List> Updated 9/24/13

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
I guess I'm feeling a bit lucky right now. I didn't do anything special. I did the standard switch of the MMS server then called boost. They reset my account and bam, everything worked! I've tried all the ROMs and I've just been using the stock message apk.
All else fails, this does work. The service tech will ask you to make a call after its reset. It seems as your flashing and activating the evo, it fouls the process. I have 2 phones working now an this is how I fixed both.
Just my 2 cents ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ShagNasty2

Feb 21, 2010
Central Florida
I guess I'm feeling a bit lucky right now. I didn't do anything special. I did the standard switch of the MMS server then called boost. They reset my account and bam, everything worked! I've tried all the ROMs and I've just been using the stock message apk.
All else fails, this does work. The service tech will ask you to make a call after its reset. It seems as your flashing and activating the evo, it fouls the process. I have 2 phones working now an this is how I fixed both.
Just my 2 cents ;)

No need to call boost once you change the server just save and reboot. Some roms have a different mms app that will say service not activated. Replacing the mms.apk fixes this. If you would like to test your theory try it on papa smurfs rom this is one of the ones with the error. Link on the op. Be carefull calling boost if your phone is flashed.

Reactions: MBQ_

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
Yes, very true. Calling boost can be dangerous. The rep I spoke with stated their trying to "track" all of the users and what phone their using. Lol
Anyways, what are your thoughts on the black bean aokp? I see mms is stated as possibly not working, will any of the methods here work on it? I've been spoiled on my optimus v, I can't get away from anything aokp.

Reactions: ShagNasty2

ShagNasty2

Feb 21, 2010
Central Florida
Yes, very true. Calling boost can be dangerous. The rep I spoke with stated their trying to "track" all of the users and what phone their using. Lol
Anyways, what are your thoughts on the black bean aokp? I see mms is stated as possibly not working, will any of the methods here work on it? I've been spoiled on my optimus v, I can't get away from anything aokp.

Being that it says the camera is not working in that rom yet, i will have to wait. Kind of poitless to have mms with no camera... :laugh:

Tripp-phpBB

Mar 26, 2010
Summerfield
Followed the instructions, took 5 minutes and worked perfectly. Thank you so much, I've searched for a way to send MMS on AOSP for ages now. I've tried so many different APN settings and none of them ever worked. For whatever reason, these exact settings work wonders. Thanks again!

Reactions: ShagNasty2

drew.haynes

Dec 28, 2009
Backgrounds

Hey.. just installed this on my Evo 4g with Strike ICS. I believe it is working so far. Is it normal for that APK to make my text conversation window have an entirely black background?

youngchris29

Jul 30, 2009
Queens, NY
So I tried changing the settings on a couple of Jb roms and I had no luck :(. I just kept getting the message that says that the service is not activated on the network or something like that.

drew.haynes

Dec 28, 2009
So I tried changing the settings on a couple of Jb roms and I had no luck :(. I just kept getting the message that says that the service is not activated on the network or something like that.

I think I had the same problem. I don't know anything about Boost Mobile and I am not a Boost customer. I followed the directions in the OP and then I was able to receive MMS but not send. I would get the message you just mentioned. So I changed in the APN settings my server BACK to the mms.sprintpcs.com that was there to begin with, and SO FAR (as of an hour) ago... no problems. Try it out if you are a regular Sprint customer and don't know wtf Boost Mobile is (like me). :)

ShagNasty2

Feb 21, 2010
Central Florida
I think I had the same problem. I don't know anything about Boost Mobile and I am not a Boost customer. I followed the directions in the OP and then I was able to receive MMS but not send. I would get the message you just mentioned. So I changed in the APN settings my server BACK to the mms.sprintpcs.com that was there to begin with, and SO FAR (as of an hour) ago... no problems. Try it out if you are a regular Sprint customer and don't know wtf Boost Mobile is (like me). :)
These settings are for boost mobile customers only. Boost mobile is a non contract prepay phone service that is on the sprint network but they use there own mms server. These settings are not meant for sprint customers.

ShagNasty2

Feb 21, 2010
Central Florida
Hey.. just installed this on my Evo 4g with Strike ICS. I believe it is working so far. Is it normal for that APK to make my text conversation window have an entirely black background?
The mms.apk i listed is an inverted mms. So yes inverted will give you black background. I find it easier to read......

Soap

May 12, 2012
Ok guys, taking request, whatcha got...........
Begin list/
Synergy RLS1
Warm twopointtwo
Energy
Legendary
Black Bean AOKP
Baked Black Bean
Code Name Android
RemICS-UX
Shooter
ParanoidAndroid
MIUI