Boost Mobile ZTE Unlock - Need to know what company CAN do this

Search This thread

udfxrookie

Jul 9, 2008
I recently bought a ZTE Max XL from a customer that had it on Boost Mobile.
I was unaware that Boost requires the phone to stay within their carrier network "Active" for
at least 12 months. They tell me the phone IS eligable for DSU (unlocking) however they
won't do it because of the 12 month requirement. They tell me to drop my service and come on
over to Boost... NOT my ideal solution.

Does ANYONE know a service or company (or individual) that can unlock my ZTE Max XL N9560?
Currently attempting to use:
https://www.unlockitnow.com
and
www.code-unlock-store.com

Any help welcome =)

Reactions: Radwan4489

banishedmonk

Jul 4, 2010
I was unaware that Boost requires the phone to stay within their carrier network "Active" for
at least 12 months. They tell me the phone IS eligable for DSU (unlocking) however they
won't do it because of the 12 month requirement. They tell me to drop my service and come on

Does ANYONE know a service or company (or individual) that can unlock my ZTE Max XL N9560?
and

Any help welcome =)

have you found a solution to this?

Trader4

Dec 9, 2017
Boost ZTE Max XL unlock

have you found a solution to this?

Even if you have had the Boost ZTE Max XL for a year of service with Boost and you manage to get them to give you the unlock code, there is no way to put it in the phone. Typically, if you insert a different carrier sim in the phone, it will prompt for an unlock code. Try it on the Max XL. It just says "invalid sim", no way to enter anything. So, as incredible
as it sounds, what Boost and Sprint are doing is giving you a code, but there is no way to actually enter it.

You could buy an unlock code from one of the online sources. Some of them will
tell you that they can't unlock this Boost phone. Others have instructions that tell you once you have the unlock code, how to enter it. It starts with inserting a different sim. That doesn't work. Next it's try a variety of half a dozen strings on the keyboard to get it to prompt for the unlock code input. They don't work. Try them before buying any code. My conclusion is that these codes will not work, because there is no way to put them into the phone.

Then there is the ultimate gotcha. If you look at the specs for this phone, it supports both CDMA and GSM. It should work on AT&T or Tmobile, for example. But if you do some googling you will see people saying that Boost/Sprint has the GSM disabled, ie the firmware isn't there to enable it, etc. So, even if you successfully unlocked the phone, where are you going to go? Nowhere. You're on Boost, Sprint won't take the phone, they have a very selective and short list of phones they will accept. I doubt Virgin will take it. So, you're pretty much stuck, with nowhere to go. :crying:

If you want to go to another carrier, best solution is to sell the phone on Ebay and get one that works on the other carrier. And so much for the new unlock policy of the industry. The govt was after them a couple years ago for their abuse of customers with locked phones. So, the industry sold the govt on the idea of letting them get together and come up with an industry wide agreed solution. And this is how Boost/Sprint is implementing it. In essence, nothing has changed with them. Others like Verizon, I understand don't lock their phones. MetroPCS only requires 90 days of service, then there is an unlock app on the phone where you request it and it automatically unlocks.
In other words, some companies are honest and ethical, some, not so much.:crying

CLUPER

Aug 23, 2012
Tegucigalpa
Rooted and Unlocked

1C9CFE5A7.png

Last edited:

phonecapone

Mar 20, 2013
Internetz
www.noidodroid.com
Hey, have you found something?

For rooting or unlocking? I don't have the handset i just thought i had read somewhere that there was no root available due to BL locked, no fastboot etc. Here is a thread discussing root and if you search around here and on AF im sure you might come across more. https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/zte-max-xl-root-custom-recovery-t3601219

If you need anything unlocked just read through this thread. I recommended a guy and others have as well.

Keo-nii

Jul 26, 2015
Testing possible unlock.

here is a forum that has a link to maga.
Going to try it out and post there the unlock results.

general/help/zte-max-xl-root-custom-recovery-t3601219

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recommend this guy as well. He's done work for me and beats most everyone elses prices.

this unlock and root I did it myself :eek::eek::eek:

and

Any help welcome =)
    i get those done for my customers with some guy remotely, i can post the contact info if you need it
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone