• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Boost Output Volume on 6.0

Search This thread

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
If youre like me and you like listening to your music with good headphones and want to feel that bass rumble in your head, you might have noticed that with the update to 6.0 (In my case to B565) the output volume might have gone down considerably and that now the max volume isnt just enough to make you eargasm. So i researched a lot and found out that the max volume settings are set in some .xml files located in /etc and /system/etc but the thing is that with huawei phones we dont just have to edit a single .xml file to raise our max volume, we have to edit a whole crap ton of them depending on our region, vendor, model etc.... So instead of having to open all those files and edit just the correct string, i found out that AlsaMixer (Available on google play) works just fine with out devices!! :D I also found out that the max output on 6.0 is stuck at 80% dont know why.

So, to get your 20% of max volume up, all you have to do is open AlsaMixer (or all those other .xml files if you like doing things the hard way :)) and edit the lines:

-HISSC_SMT_HSL_GAIN (this is left headphone gain)
-HISSC_SMT_HSR_GAIN (this is right headphone gain)

Their default value will be 12, just go ahead and set that value to 15 which is the max value and enjoy your new volume :D

NOTE: There are tons of other strings you can edit to increase output of speaker, earpiece, etc...etc... but since I didnt need to increase these I didnt take the time to find out their variables, but if youre interested on increasing the speaker volume just open the .xml files and go to speaker and find the gain variable and change it with Alsa.

Hope I made your day :)

Firicel69

Dec 13, 2014
Bucuresti
tested and working good. only thing i noticed is that after i modify the value it wont save for the next time i use the player so i have to edit and apply again.
really thanks for sharing

Horacio55555

Jul 5, 2016
Auckland
If youre like me and you like listening to your music with good headphones and want to feel that bass rumble in your head, you might have noticed that with the update to 6.0 (In my case to B565) the output volume might have gone down considerably and that now the max volume isnt just enough to make you eargasm. So i researched a lot and found out that the max volume settings are set in some .xml files located in /etc and /system/etc but the thing is that with huawei phones we dont just have to edit a single .xml file to raise our max volume, we have to edit a whole crap ton of them depending on our region, vendor, model etc.... So instead of having to open all those files and edit just the correct string, i found out that AlsaMixer (Available on google play) works just fine with out devices!! :D I also found out that the max output on 6.0 is stuck at 80% dont know why.

So, to get your 20% of max volume up, all you have to do is open AlsaMixer (or all those other .xml files if you like doing things the hard way :)) and edit the lines:

Their default value will be 12, just go ahead and set that value to 15 which is the max value and enjoy your new volume :D

NOTE: There are tons of other strings you can edit to increase output of speaker, earpiece, etc...etc... but since I didnt need to increase these I didnt take the time to find out their variables, but if youre interested on increasing the speaker volume just open the .xml files and go to speaker and find the gain variable and change it with Alsa.

So looking into AlsaMixer, this is an app for a rooted device. Is there any alternative methods? I just got my phone finally back up and going again after an IMEI loss and am a little scared to do anything further in the system like that.
Also the fact that the description on AlsaMixer doesn't say anything about supporting MM... Has the had any issues for you?

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
So looking into AlsaMixer, this is an app for a rooted device. Is there any alternative methods? I just got my phone finally back up and going again after an IMEI loss and am a little scared to do anything further in the system like that.
Also the fact that the description on AlsaMixer doesn't say anything about supporting MM... Has the had any issues for you?

I dont think there are any other *effective* methods out there that dont imply rooting your device or something of that behaviour sorry. And yes it does support it, at least for me even though it says nothing.

Reactions: Horacio55555

pilililo2

Jan 27, 2012
Santiago de Compostela
Yes Dolby Atmos gets a little better sound quality than stock. But it doesnt boost output volume in any way or form. For that the only thing that works is editing the ALSA setting but for the speaker I dont know which string you have to edit because as i said im not interested in listening music through my phone speaker, i was just interested in boosting the volume from the headphones which I thought were too low. Anyhow I discourage everyone who wants to boost their speaker higher than stock, as this phones speaker sounds pretty high, even too high sometimes and you could risk damaging the speaker or braking it.

L

LastStandingDroid

Yes Dolby Atmos gets a little better sound quality than stock. But it doesnt boost output volume in any way or form. For that the only thing that works is editing the ALSA setting but for the speaker I dont know which string you have to edit because as i said im not interested in listening music through my phone speaker, i was just interested in boosting the volume from the headphones which I thought were too low. Anyhow I discourage everyone who wants to boost their speaker higher than stock, as this phones speaker sounds pretty high, even too high sometimes and you could risk damaging the speaker or braking it.

is it even possible to boost without root? i guess not. but app can probably deliver higher sound.

for root users theres usually a xml file in system/etc i can't tell which one it is since i'm first time huawei user but if u got root why not use viper4android it boosts the volume like :D

D

Deleted member 5518680

I would like to boost the volume only for my headphones. Which xml files should I edit? I am thinking of using a file explorer to edit the values on OP for this.

Thanks in advance.

shay8642

Jun 18, 2012
LADYSMITH
Use the playback music controls xposed module.Its awesome and you can also change tracks using volume buttons if you like. The autoplay option is in the settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I dont think there are any other *effective* methods out there that dont imply rooting your device or something of that behaviour sorry. And yes it does support it, at least for me even though it says nothing.
    I have tried all methods found on net. Including editing those xmls, putting 15 to all mixer gain. Still goes to 12. Edited build props, removed security_volume=8 hoping that does. Nope.
    Edited dts config, had same 12 gain written in. Still goes back to 12.

Im about to pull my hair out one by one
    Where this damn volume limit written?
    Maybe the latest build has it hardcoded to some emui binary?

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Hello, vipers works fine.
    The app need selinux permissive, but it's easy to change.

Sent from my SM-N9005 powered by QS-N9005-LP
    Try poweramp, that can help you alone.