Feb 16, 2017
Voghera
2okPze5.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs :
  • None

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build, system-as-root recovery and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash TWRP-3.3.0-z2_plus-SAR-signed.img
  • Flash the latest build, (magisk) and gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :
  • TWRP, Lineage system-as-root and Permissiver_v3 (for GSIs): here
  • Gapps : OpenGapps

Notes :
  • Using this build you'll be able to boot A/B system images on our z2_plus (A-only device)
  • Only Clean Installation Please
  • Bug Report Without logs means nothing
  • This build is mainly for GSIs flashing, it won't be updated very frequently. For anything else use the official build here
  • Do not report here in case any GSI doesn't boot, but report it to the ROM author
  • On this build you'll only be able to flash A/B system images, A-only ones won't work
  • To go back to a non system-as-root ROM you just need to flash the official TWRP and do a clean installation of a normal A-only build
  • Check https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/system-as-root for a proper system-as-root documentation

Reporting Bugs :
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

If you appreciate my work on Z2 and my effort to keep this device active and alive you can donate to me via paypal here

XDA:DevDB Information
A-only system-as-root, ROM for the Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)

Contributors
DD3Boh, davidevinavil, kubersharma, kenny3fcb, YaroST12
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/LineageOS/[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: ZUI 3.5 bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2019-05-05

Created 2019-05-05
Last Updated 2019-05-05

Last edited:

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
  • Dec 30, 2015
    New Delhi , India
    Reserved

List of GSI's:
    https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list

Erfanoabdi's semi/GSIs (includes Android Q, Android P ports from Google Pixel Devices etc:
    https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/gsi/

Note: Use only A/B System Images with above system-as-root enabled LineageOS build

If you face issues flashing GApps on a GSI (which doesn't include GApps by default ofcourse) try the following steps
    * After Flashing System Image *
    -> Backup System Image
    -> Wipe System, Data
    -> Restore System Image
    -> Flash GApps
    -> Reboot

What works?
    Everything in the above build, but it might differ in Generic System Image for example: VoLTE might be broken and pushing ims.apk in the system might fix it but not necessarily. Default Camera app can be unstable using third party camera can be a good option.

Tested GSIs:
    * Erfanoabdi's Pixel Android Q dp2 - A/B slot image
    * Erfanoabdi's Generic Android Q dp2 - A/B slot image

Last edited:

P650SE

• Aug 14, 2013
    Nice work. In theory, would it be possible to flash the latest Android Q Beta 5 official GSI using this?

https://developer.android.com/preview/gsi-release-notes#downloads

Here's a guide from XDA that explains the process:

https://www.xda-developers.com/install-android-q-beta-gsi-project-treble/

Well I didn't get a response to this so I decided to try it for myself. Turns out that the official Android Q Beta 5 GSI provided by Google (on the Android website) boots fine on Z2 Plus. However, during the setup process at the point where it asks 'Choose screen lock', the page is empty (just white space) and thus it is not possible to continue from here.

So instead I will try reverting back to stock TWRP and flashing the A-only build of Android Q Beta 5 by Erfanoabdi. :)

Reactions: senthamizhan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      2okPze5.png

Code:
      /*
       * Your warranty is now void.
       * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
       * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
       * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
       * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
       * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
       */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs :
      • None

Instructions :
      • Download the latest build, system-as-root recovery and gapps
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Flash TWRP-3.3.0-z2_plus-SAR-signed.img
      • Flash the latest build, (magisk) and gapps
      • Reboot

Downloads :
      • TWRP, Lineage system-as-root and Permissiver_v3 (for GSIs): here
      • Gapps : OpenGapps

Notes :
      • Using this build you'll be able to boot A/B system images on our z2_plus (A-only device)
      • Only Clean Installation Please
      • Bug Report Without logs means nothing
      • This build is mainly for GSIs flashing, it won't be updated very frequently. For anything else use the official build here
      • Do not report here in case any GSI doesn't boot, but report it to the ROM author
      • On this build you'll only be able to flash A/B system images, A-only ones won't work
      • To go back to a non system-as-root ROM you just need to flash the official TWRP and do a clean installation of a normal A-only build
      • Check https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/system-as-root for a proper system-as-root documentation

Reporting Bugs :
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Sources :

If you appreciate my work on Z2 and my effort to keep this device active and alive you can donate to me via paypal here

XDA:DevDB Information
      A-only system-as-root, ROM for the Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)

Contributors
      DD3Boh, davidevinavil, kubersharma, kenny3fcb, YaroST12
      Source Code: [url]https://github.com/LineageOS/[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: ZUI 3.5 bootloader
      Based On: AOSP

Version Information
      Beta Release Date: 2019-05-05

Created 2019-05-05
      Last Updated 2019-05-05
      New Lineage and TWRP builds for system as root synced to upstream.
      Enjoy :)
      Reserved

List of GSI's:
      https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list

Erfanoabdi's semi/GSIs (includes Android Q, Android P ports from Google Pixel Devices etc:
      https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/gsi/

Note: Use only A/B System Images with above system-as-root enabled LineageOS build

If you face issues flashing GApps on a GSI (which doesn't include GApps by default ofcourse) try the following steps
      * After Flashing System Image *
      -> Backup System Image
      -> Wipe System, Data
      -> Restore System Image
      -> Flash GApps
      -> Reboot

What works?
      Everything in the above build, but it might differ in Generic System Image for example: VoLTE might be broken and pushing ims.apk in the system might fix it but not necessarily. Default Camera app can be unstable using third party camera can be a good option.

Tested GSIs:
      * Erfanoabdi's Pixel Android Q dp2 - A/B slot image
      * Erfanoabdi's Generic Android Q dp2 - A/B slot image
      why everyone doing reserved??
      i want to join u guys!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone