[Boot Animation] Droid Razr M boot animation for the Galaxy Core Prime

Search This thread
P

Patrick_in_SD01

I've successfully created a QMG version of the Droid Razr M's boot animation using Samsung Theme Designer. It runs smoothly and doesn't lag. I'd like to thank XDA member @Nonta72 for creating a guide on how to convert zip files to qmg for noobs like me :D

***Requirements***
Backup of your stock boot animations just in case the new one doesn't work
Rooted device
File Explorer (Make sure that you've given it proper root permissions)

***Instructions***
Step 1: Download the attached zip below and extract it to your SD card (or your device storage).

Step 2: Go to your file explorer app and navigate to /system/media, scroll down and you should see three QMG files: bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsungloop.qmg, and shutdown.qmg. Delete them after you've backed them up.

Step 3: In your file explorer app copy both of the extracted bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg files from your SD card/device storage and then navigate to /system/media. Paste both of these files in this location. Warning! Your phone will boot loop if you don't use the bootsamsungloop.qmg file!

Step 4: While in the file explorer go back to your SD card/device storage and copy the PowerOn.ogg sound file. Put this in /system/media/audio/ui.

Step 5: Reboot your phone. The Droid Razr boot animation should play as normal. If it doesn't check to make sure that you've followed the above instructions and try again, and post here if you need help with anything.

Attachments

• Droid_Razr_Bootanimation_HDPI.zip
    14 MB · Views: 392
Last edited:

karolis20041

Jul 20, 2017
need help

Hello, i tried out a custom boot animation for my smg-361f and i forgot to back up my old animation and the new dident work, so can some one share the original boot animation
thx.

P

Patrick_in_SD01

Hello, i tried out a custom boot animation for my smg-361f and i forgot to back up my old animation and the new dident work, so can some one share the original boot animation
thx.

Here's the stock animation. Which version of the Galaxy Core Prime do you have? Did you delete the old qmg files before you put the new qmg files in /system/media?

Sent from my SM-G360P

Attachments

• Stock_Samsung_Bootanimation.zip
    570.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited: