[boot animation] Marvel vs DC port

Search This thread

koboldka

Dec 11, 2012
I've updated the one from this post to work on the N5 and L.

Preview:
http://www.christiantailor.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/ComicCharcters480.gif

Flashable zip file in the dropbox link below.
Attached file on XDA server is not a flashable zip and will have to be installed manually with the instructions below:

1) Download the file
2) Rename it to bootanimation.zip
3) Copy it to your phone
4) Using a file explorer such as Root Explorer, Go to /system/media and copy your stock bootanimation to a safe place
5) Now copy this file to system/media
6) Reboot

Once the animation has done 5 complete loops (although your device will probably have booted by then) it will loop between War Machine and Batman until the boot has finished. If people want more complete loops than that just let me know (it's only 5 because this was a test).

Remember this is not my work, I just repacked it. Enjoy!

EDIT:
Flashable zip version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k63gn2cvyif47a7/BootAnimation_Marvel_Flashable.zip?dl=0

Last edited:

pankajramnani

Dec 6, 2011
New Delhi
I just noticed that this is not 1080p.. And due to that, the clarity is getting distorted on Nexus 5.. I wonder if it can be converted to 1080p

rahul9five

Nov 21, 2014
Not able to copy the file.. Using es file explorer.. Help

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Done.
It is inly showing android.. No marvel dc character.. What am i doing wrong

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Not working buddy. I even extracted it and moved the bootanimation.zip inside the system folder to system/media

What ami doing wrong

koboldka

Dec 11, 2012
Not able to copy the file.. Using es file explorer.. Help

Done.
It is inly showing android.. No marvel dc character.. What am i doing wrong

Not working buddy. I even extracted it and moved the bootanimation.zip inside the system folder to system/media

What ami doing wrong
did you copy over the old file? I found that if you don't delete (or rename) the old bootanimation.zip file and just copy over it, if fails and you just get 'android' on the screen.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
You can't rename it. It has to be called bootanimation.zip

Sent from my Android 5.0 Nexus 5

rahul9five

Nov 21, 2014
You can't rename it. It has to be called bootanimation.zip

Sent from my Android 5.0 Nexus 5

I didnt rename the marvel/dc file to anything else but bootanimation.zip
I was talking about the original boot anmation file which i renamed it to bootanimation.zip.bak and even tried moving it to other folder.

But no anination comes up. Only "android" is writ on screen

RoyJ

Apr 23, 2012
Umm... Sorry didnt understand that. Just a novice!
The file permissions must match. Basically if the file doesn't have the correct permissions it will not work. You can use just about any file explorer to change them.

Don't mind the bootanimation-1.zip file name. I'm not replacing anything, just showing you how to fix it. :)

Here's what the permissions should be set to;
ce6abc475cefe39de9770b4f8a6b6afb.jpg

-rw-r--r-- or 644. See the difference?

Now when you move a file from your downloads to the system folder, the permissions will likely look like this;
674d03787f69989ad347352319975539.jpg

Just use any file explorer. Generally, long pressing the bootanimation file and selecting "properties" or "permissions" will allow you to edit them. Just make sure they look like this;
1ff93f08067fd2c1a9abded0534ad510.jpg

Then your bootanimation will work. :)

Reactions: rahul9five

rahul9five

Nov 21, 2014
The file permissions must match. Basically if the file doesn't have the correct permissions it will not work. You can use just about any file explorer to change them.

Don't mind the bootanimation-1.zip file name. I'm not replacing anything, just showing you how to fix it. :)

Here's what the permissions should be set to;
ce6abc475cefe39de9770b4f8a6b6afb.jpg

-rw-r--r-- or 644. See the difference?

Now when you move a file from your downloads to the system folder, the permissions will likely look like this;
674d03787f69989ad347352319975539.jpg

Just use any file explorer. Generally, long pressing the bootanimation file and selecting "properties" or "permissions" will allow you to edit them. Just make sure they look like this;
1ff93f08067fd2c1a9abded0534ad510.jpg

Then your bootanimation will work. :)

Thanks for the explanation about permissions. But this didnt work either. This time even android didnt come up. Only google. Tried 744 as well, but with no luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-25-23-30-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-25-23-30-46.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 364

rahul9five

Nov 21, 2014
PS while you are explaining things, can you tell me how to add pictures in reply rather than as attachments and how to let the person know that you have replied to him without actually quoting his whole message?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Hey it worked. I extracted the boot animation.zip from within the bootanimation.zip file that I downloaded. And change its permission settings.

Thanks a lot RoyJ and Ben36

Reactions: Ben36

RoyJ

Apr 23, 2012
PS while you are explaining things, can you tell me how to add pictures in reply rather than as attachments and how to let the person know that you have replied to him without actually quoting his whole message?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Hey it worked. I extracted the boot animation.zip from within the bootanimation.zip file that I downloaded. And change its permission settings.

Thanks a lot RoyJ and Ben36
Oh. You downloaded a flashable zip then. :p

You can always tag people like this. @rahul9five.

I also use the Tapatalk app and use this button.

0b1e83fcbd439021f95a23f9543bf90b.jpg

Reactions: rahul9five

gavilan2010

Mar 14, 2011
I didnt rename the marvel/dc file to anything else but bootanimation.zip
I was talking about the original boot anmation file which i renamed it to bootanimation.zip.bak and even tried moving it to other folder.

But no anination comes up. Only "android" is writ on screen

Same

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts