General (Boot.img/Tutorial) MIUI 12.5.1.0 RKBMIXM (Global) for Mi 11 (Venus) + Xiaomi OTA Snag and Payload.bin Extract Tutorial

Search This thread

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE BOOT.IMG ON ANY DEVICE OR FIRMWARE VERSION EXCEPT THE ONE STATED!!! IT WILL MOST LIKELY RESULT IN A SOFT BRICK/BOOTLOOP!

Hello everyone,

Today my Xiaomi Mi 11 received its MIUI 12.5 OTA update. I snagged the OTA update and extracted the boot.img from the payload.bin. Thought I would save you all some trouble since the Rom can currently not be downloaded online (c.miui, etc). If you need any of the other files, let me know. I already have 12.5.1.0 installed on mine with Magisk working. :)

Device: Xiaomi Mi 11 (VENUS)
MIUI: 12.5.1.0 (RKBMIXM) - Global Rom

If you need it for a different xiaomi device/variant:

Snagging the OTA
  1. Start update in Updater.
  2. Use a file explorer and go to the "Download" folder. There should be a folder named "downloaded_rom" go into it.
  3. Wait for OTA to download, it will start the "updating" phase and will say "updating" instead of "downloading." Copy the zip that is in the "downloaded_rom" folder somewhere else.
  4. Now you have the OTA rom.
** This has to be done during the updating phase since the folder is deleted, otherwise.

Extracting the boot.img
  1. Copy rom zip to a PC (Windows)
  2. Extract .zip
  3. Download and Extract the Payload Dumper Tool from here: Payload Dumper Tool (make sure you have Python Installed)
  4. Copy the Payload.Bin and Payload.Properties files to the extracted payload dumper tool folder.
  5. Click Shift+Right-Click in the folder with Payload_Dumper.py file and the Payload files in it. Select the option to open Powershell
  6. Type "python -m pip install protobuf" and hit enter. Let it install.
  7. Type "python payload_dumper.py payload.bin" and hit enter.
  8. Now you should have the boot.img file.

Attachments

• boot.img
    192 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

g0mes1

Feb 27, 2021
AVISO: NÃO TENTE USAR O BOOT.IMG EM QUALQUER DISPOSITIVO OU VERSÃO DE FIRMWARE, EXCETO O INDICADO !!! PROVÁVEL RESULTARÁ EM UM TIJOLO MACIO / BOOTLOOP!

Olá a todos,

Hoje meu Xiaomi Mi 11 recebeu sua atualização MIUI 12.5 OTA. Eu peguei a atualização OTA e extraí o boot.img do payload.bin. Pensei em poupar alguns problemas para vocês, já que a ROM atualmente não pode ser baixada online (c.miui, etc). Se você precisar de qualquer um dos outros arquivos, me avise. Já tenho 12.5.1.0 instalado no meu com Magisk funcionando.:)

Dispositivo: Xiaomi Mi 11 (VENUS)
MIUI: 12.5.1.0 (RKBMIXM) - Rom global

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
Works with version EEA?
It's not pulled from it but if you want to try, you can use "fastboot boot " then the location of where you downloaded the boot.img. If it doesn't work, then you can just restart the phone and it will boot with the oem boot.img. If it does work, then you should patch it in magisk and use the "fastboot boot" command with the patched img, then "direct install" with magisk manager. That's the safest method to use it on the EEA ROM since this is from the Global ROM.

WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE BOOT.IMG ON ANY DEVICE OR FIRMWARE VERSION EXCEPT THE ONE STATED!!! IT WILL MOST LIKELY RESULT IN A SOFT BRICK/BOOTLOOP!

Hello everyone,

Today my Xiaomi Mi 11 received its MIUI 12.5 OTA update. I snagged the OTA update and extracted the boot.img from the payload.bin. Thought I would save you all some trouble since the Rom can currently not be downloaded online (c.miui, etc). If you need any of the other files, let me know. I already have 12.5.1.0 installed on mine with Magisk working. :)

Hi,

Where did you find the OTA update file?
Want to update my EEA but need the boot.img to patch with Magisk after updating.

Thanks in advance!

Sld_Ultra

May 5, 2012

Hello everyone,

Snagging the OTA
  2. Use a file explorer and go to the "Download" folder. There should be a folder named "downloaded_rom" go into it.
  3. Wait for OTA to download, it will start the "updating" phase and will say "updating" instead of "downloading." Copy the zip that is in the "downloaded_rom" folder somewhere else.
** This has to be done during the updating phase since the folder is deleted, otherwise.

Extracting the boot.img
  2. Extract .zip
  3. Download and Extract the Payload Dumper Tool from here: Payload Dumper Tool (make sure you have Python Installed)
  4. Copy the Payload.Bin and Payload.Properties files to the extracted payload dumper tool folder.
  5. Click Shift+Right-Click in the folder with Payload_Dumper.py file and the Payload files in it. Select the option to open Powershell
No matter what I do, I just get this error :

payload_dumper\payload_dumper.py", line 86, in <module>
assert op.type in (op.REPLACE, op.REPLACE_BZ, op.REPLACE_XZ), \
AssertionError: unsupported op

Even tried doing the extraction on my phone using Termux and get the same error. I'm trying to extract boot.img from EEA 12.5.1.0.RKBEUXM OTA ROM.

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
No matter what I do, I just get this error :

payload_dumper\payload_dumper.py", line 86, in <module>
assert op.type in (op.REPLACE, op.REPLACE_BZ, op.REPLACE_XZ), \
AssertionError: unsupported op

Even tried doing the extraction on my phone using Termux and get the same error. I'm trying to extract boot.img from EEA 12.5.1.0.RKBEUXM OTA ROM.
That is referring to the type of compression so it could be a number of things. If you have python3 installed (and working), then check the your payload.bin to see if it's healthy (should be around 3GB in size). I wouldn't imagine they'd use a different compression type on it.

Sld_Ultra

May 5, 2012
That is referring to the type of compression so it could be a number of things. If you have python3 installed (and working), then check the your payload.bin to see if it's healthy (should be around 3GB in size). I wouldn't imagine they'd use a different compression type on it.
Around 3GB?! Okay, you meant extract the boot.img from a full OTA ROM of 12.5.1.0.RKBEUXM. I was using the OTA incremental ROM which is 656MB in size, which I copied from the download folder during it's update phase.

The zip file name was "miui-blockota-venus_eea_global-V12.0.13.0.RKBEUXM-V12.5.1.0.RKBEUXM-9a04415c08-11.0", that I was using. But the full OTA ROM I find for 12.5.1.0.RKBEUXM is stable beta, ctsprofile for safetynet won't pass so I installed the safetynet fix module in magisk. The magisk props module wouldn't work.

iamrance.asa

Apr 20, 2019
Conway
Around 3GB?! Okay, you meant extract the boot.img from a full OTA ROM of 12.5.1.0.RKBEUXM. I was using the OTA incremental ROM which is 656MB in size, which I copied from the download folder during it's update phase.

The zip file name was "miui-blockota-venus_eea_global-V12.0.13.0.RKBEUXM-V12.5.1.0.RKBEUXM-9a04415c08-11.0", that I was using. But the full OTA ROM I find for 12.5.1.0.RKBEUXM is stable beta, ctsprofile for safetynet won't pass so I installed the safetynet fix module in magisk. The magisk props module wouldn't work.
Oh. This is how large the 12.5.1 update was on my phone when I updated with updater. I just pulled it from the downloaded_rom folder from the official update. The payload.bin on it is 3.03GB. I did this because the stable 12.5.1 ROM isn't available online yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello everyone,

Snagging the OTA

Extracting the boot.img
    2. Extract .zip
    Hi,

Where did you find the OTA update file?
    Want to update my EEA but need the boot.img to patch with Magisk after updating.

Thanks in advance!
    When you download in Updater, it is stored in /sdcard/download/downloaded_rom but it deletes itself so you'll need to grab it while it's in the updating phase.