• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Boot loop after trying to install an older version of Magisk

Search This thread

vladone97

Mar 21, 2015
I had Magisk 16.0, but Magisk Hide didn't work very well. I wanted to see if it would work with Magisk 14. Not it's stuck in a boot loop. It shows the "Samsung Galaxy S8 powered by android" for a few seconds then reboots. I can still boot into TWRP recovery and access the storage. Download mode works too. I tried uninstalling Magisk and flashing the stock boot image. Neither worked. Is there anhthing I can do to make my phone work again without losing my data?

Update: if I have to flash the stock ROM, I'm planning to do the next thing: back up my data partition to an external hard drive with TWRP. After I flash the ROM and wipe everything, I want to reinstall TWRP and restore that backup. Would this cause any issues?

Last edited:

StonebridgeGr

Feb 6, 2014
Athens/Argostoli
www.facebook.com
I had Magisk 16.0, but Magisk Hide didn't work very well. I wanted to see if it would work with Magisk 14. Not it's stuck in a boot loop. It shows the "Samsung Galaxy S8 powered by android" for a few seconds then reboots. I can still boot into TWRP recovery and access the storage. Download mode works too. I tried uninstalling Magisk and flashing the stock boot image. Neither worked. Is there anhthing I can do to make my phone work again without losing my data?

I think you cant, since your phone is bootlooped there is no way to get your data back ..
You should backup your data even before root your phone ..
Just flash latest TWRP img.tar from odin, disable auto reboot from the options on odin , after the success flash you need to press the buttons to enter recovery mode .

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how...-s8-into-recovery-mode-download-mode-0177223/

vladone97

Mar 21, 2015