[BOOT] Remove Boot Warning - Tested on Exynos - After Root - 21st October 2019

Was this useful and you were satisfied with the outcome...?

• Yes

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • Neutral

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Dante63

Nov 1, 2015
the Clouds
Hello everyone :cool:...
I hope you all are fine...

For those who are looking for a way to remove the warning for device other than Note 10 versions, please go to the link:
[BOOT] Remove Boot Warning - All Exynos Devices - After Root - Tutorial

So after following the Rooting guide (Bless @dr.ketan , @geiti94 & @ianmacd)
I followed mainly this thread for the ROOT:
Sub-threads that are useful:

After getting the root,
The boot-up screen wasn't like we were used to,
There are many warnings which kind of screams ROOTED device aside from not being beautiful...

I have decided to grab the images and replace them with the original logo of my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus & Non Plus...
Instructions are very simple and easy to follow:
Exynos is working, (Snapdragon owners: This does not work for you, please wait until I figure it out)
  1. Download the file "XXXXX_YYYYY_FIX_BL.tar" in the attachments...
    YYYYY = choose your device 10 or 10 PLUS because dimensions are different, normal or 5G because of different logos...
    XXXXX = STOCK or CENTER, look at the attached Gifs to understand the difference...
  2. Switch off your phone and then go into the download mode (vol up + vol down and connect USB)...
  3. Start Odin (if you don't have Odin, grab it from this thread)...
  4. Place the file "XXXXX_YYYYY_FIX_BL.tar" in the BL section...
  5. OPTIONAL: make sure auto-reboot is off in Odin (personally I prefer to reboot the phone myself)...
  6. Once the flashing is complete, disconnect and exit the download mode...
  7. Enjoy looking at your phone :D

I attached different gifs in the second post #2 showing before BL flashing and after the flashing, tested on Exynos SM-N970, SM-N971, SM-N975 & SM-N976...
Again, make sure you flash the right fix, "XXXXX_YYYYY_FIX_BL.tar"
YYYYY = choose your device 10 or 10 PLUS because dimensions are different, normal or 5G because of different logos...
XXXXX = STOCK or CENTER, look at the attached Gifs to understand the difference...
Again, I thank @dr.ketan , @geiti94 & @ianmacd for their time to make root possible...

Don't Forget to Smash the (y) THANKS (y) Button
and
if you're very happy, support or buy me a cup of coffee through a donation, that would be nice :)

Happy Modification :cowboy:...

Attachments

Last edited:

Dante63

Nov 1, 2015
the Clouds
Changelog:
  • (14/12/2020) XDA removed the gifs because of the attachment limit per post, added attachments here...
  • (21/10/2019) Samsung Snapdragon confirmed, exynos doesn't work with snapdragon, I need snapdragon volunteers to remove the triangle...
  • (22/09/2019) Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G - SM-N976...
  • (22/09/2019) Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G - SM-N971...
  • (20/09/2019) Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ - SM-N975...
  • (20/09/2019) Samsung Galaxy Note 10 - SM-N970...
Attached Gifs:
Note 10 Before & After | Note 10 5G Before & After | Note 10+ Before & After | Note 10+ 5G Before & After
Before BL Flash 10.gifAfter BL Flash 10.gif | Before BL Flash 10 5G.gifAfter BL Flash 10 5G.gif | Before BL Flash 10+.gifAfter BL Flash 10+.gif | Before BL Flash 10+ 5G.gifAfter BL Flash 10+ 5G.gif

Last edited:

Dante63

Nov 1, 2015
the Clouds
  • Snapdragon owners, it has been confirmed, all exynos models won't work for you, thus I have to make snapdragon version, if you have the patience and time, please volunteer to solve this, all volunteers will be credited in the thread, thank you in advance...
  • Exynos owners, If you have a different boot-up logo other than the what I have shared,
    share your Firmware BL mentioning your device model...
    (it's 3 MB file, I won't download 5.3GB ROM that would be useless for me, You can download it since it will benefit your phone if you need to flash stock and so, it's a win-win situation :D)
  • This is a zero-risk method and no need to backup as your device will boot-up normally
    as you're flashing images, not software or any part of the system
    (BUT DO BACKUP, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT GO WRONG)

Last edited:

minidude2012

Nov 13, 2013
Telford
Reactions: al39eemy

Dante63

Nov 1, 2015
the Clouds
Last edited:
Reactions: Pinan

minidude2012

Nov 13, 2013
Telford
Share the BL of your firmware, it's 3 MB file, spare me the 5.3 GB download please :crying:...
Besides, you will be using the stock ROM since it's compatiable with your phone, not mine :D, a win-win situation...
And once I get the BL of your N976B, it will be done before you know it (unless I am sleeping :angel:)...
Sorry I'll get it downloaded in about a week no WiFi currently

Dante63

Nov 1, 2015
the Clouds
Galaxy Note+ SM-N975F/DS
Thank you!
~~
Oops. Just realized you've covered this one. Sorry about that!
No problem, Indeed I did cover that, I believe I am missing the 5G for 10 & 10+ and custom companies logos :D ...
Sorry I'll get it downloaded in about a week no WiFi currently
No worries, bear with the annoying warning till you get it whether you download it or someone else posts it...

minidude2012

Nov 13, 2013
Telford
No problem, Indeed I did cover that, I believe I am missing the 5G for 10 & 10+ and custom companies logos :D ...

No worries, bear with the annoying warning till you get it whether you download it or someone else posts it...
Tbh I haven't rooted yet waiting for device tree off another Dev to work on custom ROM before rooting

Reactions: Reaper1337

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
Hmmm, after removing "powered by android", the remainder won't be center anymore...

Is it really a good idea to remove the "powered by android"and have Samsung name upper offset...
move the samsung logo down so it's perfectly centered or get rid of all and just make it a black screen the amount of time this shows would be so small you wouldn't notice

Dante63

Nov 1, 2015
the Clouds
move the samsung logo down so it's perfectly centered or get rid of all and just make it a black screen the amount of time this shows would be so small you wouldn't notice
Well I'll try to center it as for black, it won't be small, after rooting, there will be approximately 5 to 8 seconds time margin...

As the phone tends to show you the bootloader warning and wants you to hit the power button to continue (have a second look at the gif I attached, you'll see the order of boot is unlike what we used to have as in older rooted phones) so when you try to boot, you'll be wondering if it booted up or not, hit recovery or not...

So I'll try to have it centered...

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg
Well I'll try to center it as for black, it won't be small, after rooting, there will be approximately 5 to 8 seconds time margin...

As the phone tends to show you the bootloader warning and wants you to hit the power button to continue (have a second look at the gif I attached, you'll see the order of boot is unlike what we used to have as in older rooted phones) so when you try to boot, you'll be wondering if it booted up or not, hit recovery or not...

So I'll try to have it centered...
so theres no way around an 8 second boot? makes me reconsider ever flashing it then, as for the logo try adding a loading text or anything i always hate logos of any kind.

Dante63

Nov 1, 2015
the Clouds
Would you mind doing oone for us tab s5e owners? Heres the file....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bzj2dS6eVZne8fvLG577J50U81NhNVPi/view?usp=sharing
The device model is much better for me to know what device since I can google it,
did you say "US Tab S5E"...?
From my understanding, you are requesting for a different device, other than Note 10...
If so, give me some time, I'll create a DIY thread for that just like my SoundMod DIY...
Bare with the warning, as soon as I'm done, I'll either @ you or I'll reply to you...
so theres no way around an 8 second boot? makes me reconsider ever flashing it then, as for the logo try adding a loading text or anything i always hate logos of any kind.
Maybe in the future someone can enhance that part, my role here is removing the ugly warning, you will understand if you have root as it seems you still didn't obtain it :confused:...

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
The device model is much better for me to know what device since I can google it,
From my understanding, you are requesting for a different device, other than Note 10...
If so, give me some time, I'll create a DIY thread for that just like my SoundMod DIY...
Bare with the warning, as soon as I'm done, I'll either @ you or I'll reply to you...

Maybe in the future someone can enhance that part, my role here is removing the ugly warning, you will understand if you have root as it seems you still didn't obtain it :confused:...
Yes, its SM-T720. Take your time, and yes, you could pm me. I would be willing to try it myself with instructions. Thanks

Reactions: Dante63

zzcool

Nov 27, 2012
Gothenburg

my mate 10 pro is rooted i thought the long boottime was specific to huawei not all phones

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone