[Boot Screen] Custom EVO animation

Search This thread

ocelot4ark

Jun 13, 2010
Manhattan, NY
Hope this isn't against protocol. I posted this in the "HOWTO" thread, but in the event there are people that don't venture into that area...I think it looks pretty nice and it's customized for the Evo.

Here's what I'm using...

I had to cut it down significantly from my original plan because of the boot speed...but this lines up pretty perfect on my Evo. Here are the links if anyone wants to download themselves:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jadhnz2m3my/bootanimation.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wmnz2ntnxry/SPC_animation_final.mp3

Pretty sure you have to be ROOTED for this to work (I am).
adb remount
adb push bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource
adb push SPC_animation.mp3 /system/customize/resource
adb shell reboot

papaskispartan

Jun 9, 2010
adb remount
adb shell reboot

Good Morning, This was pretty cool so I thought i would do it. Just one thing to add about your adb instructions. Pushing the mp3 is missing "_final".

It should read
adb push SPC_animation_final.mp3 /system/customize/resource

Again thanks

rjmjr69

Dec 11, 2008
Southie
Can this be installed without adb? And if so how please?

I love it so cool. Can the sound be taken out as well tho?

soxozor

Feb 18, 2010
!

Can this be installed without adb? And if so how please?

I love it so cool. Can the sound be taken out as well tho?

I don't believe it can be done without adb. Unless you found a way to navigate to /system folder.

and by not pushing the sound file(.mp3) the sound will be taken out.

I love this nice job!

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
you can use root explorer if you like..

Besides the fact that it says Droid I like it..it may be my ROM but I had to change the sound file to android_audio.mp3 to get it to play.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ocelot4ark

Jun 13, 2010
Manhattan, NY
you can use root explorer if you like..

Besides the fact that it says Droid I like it..it may be my ROM but I had to change the sound file to android_audio.mp3 to get it to play.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Hmmm that is weird...The actual mp3 was just edited from an incredible boot up when the file WAS named android_audio.mp3. Glad that you got it figured out, though.

08tundra

Jan 7, 2008
please help

i dont know what im doing wrong but every time i try to push the bootanimation.zip i get

cannot stat 'bootanimation.zip' :no such file or directory

and i have both the bootanimation.zip and the mp3 file in my tools folder and help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advanced

rjmjr69

Dec 11, 2008
Southie
Tried that using beterterminal and I get an access denied error read only???

From adb I get cannot stat no such such file or directory "bootanimation.zip"

Last edited:

Geegolly

Jun 9, 2010
Indianapolis
Tried that using beterterminal and I get an access denied error read only???

From adb I get cannot stat no such such file or directory "bootanimation.zip"

I have never used beter terminal. Try the terminal emulator from jack palevich. It is in the market place for free.

Denied access, read only in the emulator sounds like you didnt put in 'su' first. Once you enter type su in the prompt should change to #

your adb error sounds like you need to either mount the sdcard or change it to charge only.

timkdodson

Jun 11, 2010
Arlington, TX
twitter.com
I put the files in there but the damn SPRINT animation which I hate with a passion keeps playing. I can adb shell into my phone and see the files in /system/customize/resource but it doesn't pick it up automatically. Is there anything else I need to do to get rid of the SPRINT one?

I am rooted using the 2 root safe versions of the OTA updates, but otherwise stock build. I have also tried using the boot animation replace utility someone else on here developed ... it says it worked as well ... but then the stupid sprint one plays. Any ideas? I have a bunch of stuff in my resource folder I also have these files in my customize folder:

AAInfo.txt
COMMON.xml
cid_map.xml
resource
1_00_sample.xml
CID
mccmnc.xml
MNS
default.xml
mns_map.xml

I didn't know if maybe one of these tells it to point at the sprint boot instead of the custom one I put in... ?

robmiller

Jun 11, 2010
what would be cool is if at the end when it says droid the word evo falls from the top and crushes the droid word. lol just a suggestion.

timkdodson

Jun 11, 2010
Arlington, TX
twitter.com
**EDIT** Problem resolved.

By the way I got mine to work, I had to boot into recovery and adb mount /system in order to get it working...

My favorite is the decepticon one but it is too small and I couldnt get it to work after resizing the png's and modifying the text...

I put the files in there but the damn SPRINT animation which I hate with a passion keeps playing. I can adb shell into my phone and see the files in /system/customize/resource but it doesn't pick it up automatically. Is there anything else I need to do to get rid of the SPRINT one?

I am rooted using the 2 root safe versions of the OTA updates, but otherwise stock build. I have also tried using the boot animation replace utility someone else on here developed ... it says it worked as well ... but then the stupid sprint one plays. Any ideas? I have a bunch of stuff in my resource folder I also have these files in my customize folder:

AAInfo.txt
COMMON.xml
cid_map.xml
resource
1_00_sample.xml
CID
mccmnc.xml
MNS
default.xml
mns_map.xml

I didn't know if maybe one of these tells it to point at the sprint boot instead of the custom one I put in... ?

Last edited:

mikevillarroel

Jun 28, 2008
Pembroke Pines, Fl.
Hope this isn't against protocol. I posted this in the "HOWTO" thread, but in the event there are people that don't venture into that area...I think it looks pretty nice and it's customized for the Evo.

Here's what I'm using...

I had to cut it down significantly from my original plan because of the boot speed...but this lines up pretty perfect on my Evo. Here are the links if anyone wants to download themselves:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jadhnz2m3my/bootanimation.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wmnz2ntnxry/SPC_animation_final.mp3

adb remount
adb shell reboot

It would be better without the Droid part! Can you do one?

**EDIT**

Never mind, i just deleted the EYE folder and edited the .txt, but now i have one question,where is the original botanimation.zip located? i push yours to /system/customize/resource using root explorer (since i hate adb shell) and it didn't ask for overwrite so...it wasn't there.

Last edited:

spinkteck

Jul 1, 2010
ummm when using adb do i transfer the zip file to the root in sdcard? im new at this, i know how to open shell but i just dont know exactly where to put the file after i download it.