• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Boot Screen Flasher 3000 by dom2684 & Octoberriot

Was this easier for you to flash a boot screen?

• Total voters
Search This thread

dom2684

May 25, 2008
Brownsville
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
THis is a very simple batch file to assist you in flashing a boot screen
it still uses the same files as before its just put together in one section for ease of use as you can see

thanks to xMemphisx for supplying the required files for this to work

n35545.png

1.Extract BSF3000 and open the BSF300 Folder

2. Run CreateG1Splash.exe and choose your boot image (320 x 480 PNG for best results)

3. run the bootflash.bat and follow the on screen steps

* Reboot into fastboot

* IF you're on the older spl then u have 2 screens to flash so you're gonna follow step 3 and 4. and reboot

*If you're on the newest spl the you're just going to flash 1 screen by following step 2 and reboot

4. VIOLA!!! u have a new bootscreen with no copying and pasting

Original Boot Screen
http://www.mediafire.com/?wdmuuzhmmnw
DefaultUS.png

BSF3000.zip

Last edited:

lukekirstein

Apr 11, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
I don't get it. What is classified as the "special" SPL, and what is the "other" spl's? Create a list please :).

I'm using Haykuro's Danger SPL...I assume that's "special"?

erasmogjr

Mar 30, 2009
grr...I hate having a Mac! lol

Anyway someone could setup something like this for linux or Mac users. Pretty please. :)

lukekirstein

Apr 11, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Where is it pulling mysplash.rgb565 from? Says mine cannot load it.

Edit: Fixed the problem. I placed the .bat file in my Android SDK Tools folder, intended to work next to ADB. Didn't know you could run the .bat from the extracted zip folder itself.

Problem: Haykuro's SPL only flashes the first screen, the T-Mobile G1 screen, correct?

Last edited:

lukekirstein

Apr 11, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Alright. Got everything to work. Might want to flash back to the original G1 screen, because having that first T-Mobile screen is crucial to me.

On a side note, a couple of apps and widgets broke upon rebooting. Some widgets wouldn't load, other apps lost data connections. Ran a fix_permissions, everything works fine now :)

Curious question, does anyone have the original "T-Mobile G1" boot screen?

B-man007

Jun 12, 2009
Dallas
Alright. Got everything to work. Might want to flash back to the original G1 screen, because having that first T-Mobile screen is crucial to me.

On a side note, a couple of apps and widgets broke upon rebooting. Some widgets wouldn't load, other apps lost data connections. Ran a fix_permissions, everything works fine now :)

Theres a thread with them. You can check the bootscreen tutorial thread, its in there as well

dom2684

May 25, 2008
Brownsville
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

what build are u on?
original boot screen >>> http://www.mediafire.com/?wdmuuzhmmnw

Paging Dr B

Jan 7, 2009
Los Angeles
nice work dom. It was quite a bit easier this way. I noticed after flashing the danger spl that i could only change one boot screen. Anyone know why that is? Not super important since the first one only last a couple seconds anyways.

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
Can this batch file also install a .gif splash screen? I'm wanting the HTC splash with the little android that peeks out.

senaia

May 14, 2009
I noticed after flashing the danger spl that i could only change one boot screen. Anyone know why that is?
"danger" SPL only has 1 boot screen to flash, there's a thread about it somewhere, think i read it in the old thread somewhere

note about the tool, VERY fast, VERY easy, even a n00b like me could do it. If you have "danger" SPL you will need updated USB drivers, but i'm sure you know that already :)

The script litterally is, put your image into the folder, run the bat, press 2 <enter> (for special SPL that is)and you're done, really couldn't be simpler if you tried