Question Boot slot A keep rebooting

Search This thread

MiracleYueYue

Oct 4, 2022
Hi.
So I recently found that my phone is using boot_b to boot up the phone, and I entered TWRP and change the boot solt to boot_a. In result, the device kept rebooting in the first page of boot (Powered by android page). And after I switch back to boot slot b the issue disappear. At first I thought the boot image was currupted and I flash the downloaded rom from xiaomirom.com and flash it using miflash via fastboot. The issue presists after flashing even without any modification (magisk/twrp/etc.). Then I thought that maybe the flash didnt include boot_a so I did:
`fastboot boot TWRP.img`
and then change the boot slot to boot_a and flashed again via fastboot. The issue still presists after that and now I have no idea what is wrong.

So I just want to ask that is anyone experiencing the same issue as me? And also how to fix the issue?
Thanks.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hi.
So I recently found that my phone is using boot_b to boot up the phone, and I entered TWRP and change the boot solt to boot_a. In result, the device kept rebooting in the first page of boot (Powered by android page). And after I switch back to boot slot b the issue disappear. At first I thought the boot image was currupted and I flash the downloaded rom from xiaomirom.com and flash it using miflash via fastboot. The issue presists after flashing even without any modification (magisk/twrp/etc.). Then I thought that maybe the flash didnt include boot_a so I did:
`fastboot boot TWRP.img`
and then change the boot slot to boot_a and flashed again via fastboot. The issue still presists after that and now I have no idea what is wrong.

So I just want to ask that is anyone experiencing the same issue as me? And also how to fix the issue?
Thanks.
Start by restoring the phone with this tool.
https://xdaforums.com/t/flash-tool-guide-use-xiaomi-flash-tool.4262425/
Then downloaded an old Xiaomi Eu rom fastboot.zip and installed it in fastboot mode (scrip included in the zip first install.bat).
Then install the Twrp and update via OTA.

MiracleYueYue

Oct 4, 2022
Start by restoring the phone with this tool.
https://xdaforums.com/t/flash-tool-guide-use-xiaomi-flash-tool.4262425/
Then downloaded an old Xiaomi Eu rom fastboot.zip and installed it in fastboot mode (scrip included in the zip first install.bat).
Then install the Twrp and update via OTA.
Hi. Thanks for your reply.
I have been used this tool to flash my phone. And I tested with another Xiaomi 12 Pro to make sure that the rom is correct. Turns out that the rom IS correct...

MiracleYueYue

Oct 4, 2022
I also have this phone with TWRP, it seems to me that when I installed it I did not select any slot, by default it installs on A.
Ummm I dont think we are on the same page.
I mean that if i change the boot slot to A in the Reboot secrion in TWRP the SYSTEM jams ans reboot when it tries to boot, and slot B boots normally.

donmarkoni

Sep 21, 2010
Belgrade
HTC U12+
Xiaomi 12 Pro
Hi.
`fastboot boot TWRP.img`

Thanks.
Most probable reason is that you have previous version or ROM in slot A, while in slop B is the latest, one you are using. Same has happened to me. You can download recovery version of the ROM you are using and flash it in TWRP to slot A. I did that with Global ROM V13.0.7.0.SLBMIXM and now I have it on both slots working fine.

Reactions: murakh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ummm I dont think we are on the same page.
    I mean that if i change the boot slot to A in the Reboot secrion in TWRP the SYSTEM jams ans reboot when it tries to boot, and slot B boots normally.
    Why Install TWRP?
    Use Miflash and that's it.
    Hi.
    `fastboot boot TWRP.img`

Thanks.
    Most probable reason is that you have previous version or ROM in slot A, while in slop B is the latest, one you are using. Same has happened to me. You can download recovery version of the ROM you are using and flash it in TWRP to slot A. I did that with Global ROM V13.0.7.0.SLBMIXM and now I have it on both slots working fine.