• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[BOOT] Unsecured boot.img for V10

Search This thread

laufersteppenwolf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 1, 2012
Baden-Württemberg
droideveloper.com
Hey guys, as you already might have noticed, I am a bit active regarding development for this device. This is all thanks to @JoseVigil as he sent me a device.

While working on the workaround to disable offline charging, I got to know the device a bit, also regarding security measures of the bootloader to not accept custom boot and recovery images.
However, I have a way to modify the images so the bootloader doesn't throw me a security error but accepts the images.

With that being said, it's time for an unsecured boot image.
In case you don't know what "unsecured" means, these are the key features:
  • ADB on early boot
  • ADB as root by default
  • Enabling "adb remount"

Requirements
  • V10 firmware
  • Root
  • A working adb environment

How to flash:
  1. Download the .img file to the root of your internal sd (/sdcard)
  2. Open an adb shell as root
  3. run the following command:
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/unsecured_boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=1024 seek=18432
  4. reboot the device and be happy :D

The next step is a properly working CWM recovery, and as it turns out, I happen to have a sneak peek :p
0Cu3zYB.jpg

And for GPL reasons, I have used the stock zImage.

Attachments

• unsecured_boot.img
    6.8 MB · Views: 2,057
Last edited:

Caelestiel

Dec 18, 2014
Can't everything

I cant do it. :v

I just wanna cwm so I can backup whole device, and I also cant upgrade to kitkat bcoz of root, I already fully unroot my superuser but It still detects root.

komunistvb

May 3, 2009
Tested CWM_5.5.0.4_d680.img on LG G686 with D68620d-EUR-XX ROM it is 4.4.2 and it works.
Unsecured boot.img for V10 is not flash only CWM_5.5.0.4_d680.img beacose i am on D68620d-EUR-XX ROM it 20d version.
Thanks for your hard work hope that you will provide Unsecured boot.img for V20d.
I can upload boot.img for V20d if you have time to make unloked bootloader for as with D68620d-EUR-XX ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, as you already might have noticed, I am a bit active regarding development for this device. This is all thanks to @JoseVigil as he sent me a device.

While working on the workaround to disable offline charging, I got to know the device a bit, also regarding security measures of the bootloader to not accept custom boot and recovery images.
    However, I have a way to modify the images so the bootloader doesn't throw me a security error but accepts the images.

With that being said, it's time for an unsecured boot image.
    In case you don't know what "unsecured" means, these are the key features:
    • ADB on early boot
    • ADB as root by default
    • Enabling "adb remount"

Requirements
    • V10 firmware
    • Root
    • A working adb environment

How to flash:
    1. Download the .img file to the root of your internal sd (/sdcard)
    2. Open an adb shell as root
    3. run the following command:
      Code:
      dd if=/sdcard/unsecured_boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0 bs=1024 seek=18432
    4. reboot the device and be happy :D

The next step is a properly working CWM recovery, and as it turns out, I happen to have a sneak peek :p
    0Cu3zYB.jpg

And for GPL reasons, I have used the stock zImage.