• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Boot_Insecure_M3_Fix-adb_dm-verity-v2.img for BTV-DL09C100B303

Search This thread

letschky

Oct 3, 2008
Near Vienna
Here is a Boot.img for easy root Nougat only for BTV-DL09C100B303

Boot_Insecure_M3_Fix-adb_dm-verity-v2 from Thanks to Franzroy from the Mate 8 Forum
He makes many Boot img´s for my Note 8 and for Mediapad M3

Requirements:
Mediapad M3 8.4 BTV-DL09
Nougat installed C100B303
Unlocked Bootloader (I unlock via DC Unlocker or unlock via Huawei)

Download the Files and the Boot.img flash in Twrp with Image Flash
or flash via Fastboot.
After flashing the Boot.img Flash Supersu 2.82 in Twrp Thanks to Chainfire Link
I use Twrp 3.1.1-1 Open Kirin Version for Mate 8,this Version works on my Mediapad M3 and Honor Note 8.
Thanks to Olddroid Link

Downloads:
Boot_Insecure_M3_Fix-adb_dm-verity-v2
Supersu for Emui 5
Twrp 3.1.1-1 Open Kirin

Downloads for go back to Stock:
Stock Boot.img B303
Stock Recovery B303

Gregor8819

Aug 3, 2017
flash boot.img + twrp - to which partition?

Hello.

My partitions on M3:

boot
recovery
e-recovery
splash2
System Image
Modem Image
Cust Img

Some hints for newbies like me:
I was asked by TWRP to choose partitions.
- Flash the boot.img to "boot".
- Flash the custom recovery to "recovery" (NOT e-recovery).
- If expecting difficulties flashing TWRP with adb fastboot, place the twrp.img in the ADB + Fastboot Folder and rename (!) it to "recovery.img". Then in fastboot mode open the cmd and try "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img".

I am not a professional on Huawei devices! It just worked that way for my own purposes. I take no guarantee.

The "Twrp 3.1.1-1 Open Kirin" works fine for me.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2008
I have tried to flash your images on my device Huawei-M3

The flash process gave me all good but the reboot splashed into black screen.

Am I missing anything here?

Sep 14, 2008
I have tried to flash your images on my device Huawei-M3

The flash process gave me all good but the reboot splashed into black screen.

Am I missing anything here?

@franzyroy : can you help here please: maybe you have any idea why images
that are installed on that device are not running later. What nuances can I bumped here.

I am ready to fund any productive help ;)

Last edited:

Lazing_About

Jun 20, 2017
Custom kernel

This is my first Chinese device and actually liking it so far. Whilst I'm new to (public) Android development, I'm not new to Linux and have quite good knowledge of compiling, scripting and some coding etc. I have downloaded the kernel source and Linux mainline patches to have a play. Just a little research to do first. Need to Google some **** Still haven't even rooted yet............... but plenty of info about by searching

See if I find some time to make anything of note because the 'cupboard is bare' in this forum.

Well, got the kernel compiled !! :highfive: BUT, what a load of rubbish the source is.......... many many warnings using the Google GCC stock Tool-chain. Horrendous actually. I wonder if that's the actual source used at release? Had a quick look at some of those warnings, and many can be muted, and shouldn't cause an issue. Just really messy. Might take another look over the weekend to progress further. I won't be rooting device until 7 day exchange is up. Might not root at all either. I do things for the fun and or challenge.

Is there anywhere I can find official unmodified (307) firmware? Or am I gonna have to pull the boot.img from device with dd. I know you have it posted, but just new to Huawei and the more info the better. Cheers.

Thanks for your and others input so far. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: dinkmack

lei0016

Oct 1, 2017
i cannot flash twrp.img
huawei mediapad m3 current version BTV-DL09C209B307
error: cannot load twrp.img
i tried different versions, the result stills the same
at first bootloader unlock and FRP unlock
then now bootloader unlock then FRP lock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a Boot.img for easy root Nougat only for BTV-DL09C100B303

Boot_Insecure_M3_Fix-adb_dm-verity-v2 from Thanks to Franzroy from the Mate 8 Forum
    He makes many Boot img´s for my Note 8 and for Mediapad M3

Requirements:
    Mediapad M3 8.4 BTV-DL09
    Nougat installed C100B303
    Unlocked Bootloader (I unlock via DC Unlocker or unlock via Huawei)

Download the Files and the Boot.img flash in Twrp with Image Flash
    or flash via Fastboot.
    After flashing the Boot.img Flash Supersu 2.82 in Twrp Thanks to Chainfire Link
    I use Twrp 3.1.1-1 Open Kirin Version for Mate 8,this Version works on my Mediapad M3 and Honor Note 8.
    Thanks to Olddroid Link

Downloads:
    Boot_Insecure_M3_Fix-adb_dm-verity-v2
    Supersu for Emui 5
    Twrp 3.1.1-1 Open Kirin

Downloads for go back to Stock:
    Stock Boot.img B303
    Stock Recovery B303
    Custom kernel

This is my first Chinese device and actually liking it so far. Whilst I'm new to (public) Android development, I'm not new to Linux and have quite good knowledge of compiling, scripting and some coding etc. I have downloaded the kernel source and Linux mainline patches to have a play. Just a little research to do first. Need to Google some **** Still haven't even rooted yet............... but plenty of info about by searching

See if I find some time to make anything of note because the 'cupboard is bare' in this forum.

Well, got the kernel compiled !! :highfive: BUT, what a load of rubbish the source is.......... many many warnings using the Google GCC stock Tool-chain. Horrendous actually. I wonder if that's the actual source used at release? Had a quick look at some of those warnings, and many can be muted, and shouldn't cause an issue. Just really messy. Might take another look over the weekend to progress further. I won't be rooting device until 7 day exchange is up. Might not root at all either. I do things for the fun and or challenge.

Is there anywhere I can find official unmodified (307) firmware? Or am I gonna have to pull the boot.img from device with dd. I know you have it posted, but just new to Huawei and the more info the better. Cheers.

Thanks for your and others input so far. :good: