[bootanimation] 3D Blue Bumblebee (honeycomb)

Search This thread

danmcq

Nov 16, 2010
I've been running the honeybread theme for apex on my droid x (which is the
best looking theme out there in my opinion) and decided to create this 3D
bootanimation to go along with it. It looks great on my device, very smooth (the
youtube video doesn't do it justice).

I cant post links yet but if you go to the video or just google danmcq spinning droid boot animation You'll find the download linkl

See it in action on YouTube

Comp-4_000018.png

Download it here

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 656
Last edited:

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
Looks cool :)..which programm did u use Tor create the Animation?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

danmcq

Nov 16, 2010
I'm using this bootanimation, but this seems like a coin spinning and yours is different, I personally like more your style, although the Natemx is very good. Your bootanimation seems more virtual, and i like it.

Thanks for the comments. Point me in the direction of an Android image you like and I'll see what I can come up with. What color do you want to see?

Reactions: mykos5

mykos5

Jul 12, 2010
Apl
Thanks for the comments. Point me in the direction of an Android image you like and I'll see what I can come up with. What color do you want to see?

I had thought about a bootanimation like yours 3D Blue Bumblebee but with the Android logo instead of the honeycomb logo.

The color i think that should be green, but it's your decision.

melorib

Nov 30, 2010
Cascais
Sony Xperia 1 II
bootanimation to go along with it. It looks great on my device, very smooth (the
youtube video doesn't do it justice).[/URL]

Small world, after my last post here went googling for more bee bootanimations and found yours, to upload at home... :rolleyes:

Yours is smoother running than the one I have, but I like the black background and more resolution pics of "mine" better...

jschmier

May 8, 2011
3D Blue Bumblebee on Asus Transformer

It should work fine, but this evening I'll look into the Xoom's resolution and I will render a version specific to the tablet. I don't have a Xoom personally, so if anyone wants to test it out give me a shout.

I have an Asus Transformer and not a Xoom, but perhaps this information can be of use. Starting with your 3D Blue Bumblebee animation, I was able to make the few minor tweaks listed below and have it display beautifully on my tablet.
  • Increased the frame rate from 15 fps to 30 fps
  • Cropped images from 480 x 854 to 480 x 428 (animation still centered on display)
  • Optimized PNG images with rOptiPng (roptipng -o7 **/*.png)
  • Changed all the blacks from #101010 to #000000 to hide the edges of the 480 x 428 images

I don't believe it wasn't entirely necessary to increase the frame rate or crop the images, but optimizing the images and changing the black level yielded improvements.

I think the increased frame rate results in a smoother looking animation on my tablet, but there is still a slightly noticeable speedup after all the images have been cached. I cropped the images to remove the unnecessary black space and then optimized the cropped images to reduce the file size. This too appears to smooth the rendering of the animation.

A version rendered specifically for tablets would be much appreciated. The copy of the Xoom bootanimation.zip I found in this thread is stretching 512 x 256 images to 1408 x 880 and I find the resolution of the stretched animation unappealing.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    2 MB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Reactions: Odinbear and down8

Araf

Dec 12, 2010
Jakarta
I have an Asus Transformer and not a Xoom, but perhaps this information can be of use. Starting with your 3D Blue Bumblebee animation, I was able to make the few minor tweaks listed below and have it display beautifully on my tablet.
  • Cropped images from 480 x 854 to 480 x 428 (animation still centered on display)
  • Changed all the blacks from #101010 to #000000 to hide the edges of the 480 x 428 images

I don't believe it wasn't entirely necessary to increase the frame rate or crop the images, but optimizing the images and changing the black level yielded improvements.

I think the increased frame rate results in a smoother looking animation on my tablet, but there is still a slightly noticeable speedup after all the images have been cached. I cropped the images to remove the unnecessary black space and then optimized the cropped images to reduce the file size. This too appears to smooth the rendering of the animation.

A version rendered specifically for tablets would be much appreciated. The copy of the Xoom bootanimation.zip I found in this thread is stretching 512 x 256 images to 1408 x 880 and I find the resolution of the stretched animation unappealing.

Thanks for your nice 3D blue bumblebee, i wondering that you can make 3D blue autobot logo :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    youtube video doesn't do it justice).

I cant post links yet but if you go to the video or just google danmcq spinning droid boot animation You'll find the download linkl

See it in action on YouTube

Comp-4_000018.png

Download it here
    3D Blue Bumblebee on Asus Transformer

It should work fine, but this evening I'll look into the Xoom's resolution and I will render a version specific to the tablet. I don't have a Xoom personally, so if anyone wants to test it out give me a shout.

hi!! can you do one bootanimation like this but with the android logo?

thanks!!

Something like this? (created by Natemz)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=774293

GDboot.gif
    I'm using this bootanimation, but this seems like a coin spinning and yours is different, I personally like more your style, although the Natemx is very good. Your bootanimation seems more virtual, and i like it.