[bootanimation] Google Edition Boot Animation

• Thread starter Deleted member 3105162
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 3105162

Sorry all...the system dump on Android Central was incomplete...no gallery/camera apk yet.

Reactions: 0.0

just4747

Jul 18, 2010
I dont understand. How is the boot animation working for Galaxy S4 owners who are on stock or Touchwiz ROMS? Those ROMS require the two .qmg boot animation files to work. Flashing this or manually putting the zip in system/media does nothing for me....

EDIT: So I guess maybe this for people on Touchwiz/stock ROMs?:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42992696&postcount=6

EDIT2: That worked, people on stock/Touchwiz ROM S4s, flash the CWM_CustomBootanimation_421_Enable.zip and then the animation.

Last edited:

TechKid94

Jun 27, 2013
does this work on the att version of the samsung galaxy s3 rooted running CM 10.1 stable
Recovery - clockworkmod

leets4uc3

Jun 18, 2010
Sooooo nice! Why hasn't Google adopted this as their own yet!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

blueren

Jan 4, 2011
the sys dump in android central is now complete.. someone grab the camera!!

Net.silb

Nov 24, 2011
Pulled the bootanimation.zip from the HTC One Google Edition system dump and made a flashable zip. Tested successfully on my N4 with TWRP. Thanks to veyka for resizing the images to fit perfectly on the N4 (The 768 version)!

bootsplash.gif

Where did you get the system dump?

Never mind... ^^

keanyiap

May 31, 2009
The 768 version work so fine on my nexus 4...thanks so much for sharing it, it make my cyanogenmod more beautiful:victory:

Wot-75

Nov 14, 2012
I dont understand. How is the boot animation working for Galaxy S4 owners who are on stock or Touchwiz ROMS? Those ROMS require the two .qmg boot animation files to work. Flashing this or manually putting the zip in system/media does nothing for me....

EDIT: So I guess maybe this for people on Touchwiz/stock ROMs?:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42992696&postcount=6

EDIT2: That worked, people on stock/Touchwiz ROM S4s, flash the CWM_CustomBootanimation_421_Enable.zip and then the animation.
Will this work on a stock deodexed S4 rom (Beans) with twrp? Do I have to use cwm instead or am I misunderstanding?

A

arvindch

The OP flashable resized zip didn't work for me. My old boot animation is loading instead, i.e no change...

Then, I copied the non-flashable @zeyka original resized zip to /data/local, and it's working.

Weird...

Can someone verify?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: capoooro

just4747

Jul 18, 2010
Will this work on a stock deodexed S4 rom (Beans) with twrp? Do I have to use cwm instead or am I misunderstanding?

Should work fine with TWRP after you flash the 4.2.1 enable zip that I posted from the other thread to enable custom animations for stock Galaxy devices. And flashing with TWRP or CWM shouldn't really make a difference. TWRP worked for me.

Top Liked Posts