[BOOTANIMATION] [MAGISK] McLaren Boot Animation [OnePlus 7t & 7t Pro]

kitpop

Dec 22, 2014
Welcome to my McLaren boot animation thread for the Oneplus 7t & 7t pro!:D
There is one for the Oneplus 7 and 7 pro aswell, you can check it out Here

Must have Magisk Installed.

Installation:
Flash .zip via Magisk v17.0+ (Open Magisk>Select Modules from the Side Panel> Press the + button>choose the zip that you downloaded)
If you want to return to stock boot animation, disable/ remove module via magisk and reboot:good:

Downloads:
Oneplus 7t: Link
Oneplus 7t pro: Link

Preview:

Troubleshoot::confused:
- If you do not see the bootanimation or you see the stock boot animation, check if you have any other magisk bootanimations actiavated?
If you do, disable them all, reboot, and reflash.
- If that does not work work::rolleyes: Last resort, you can move the bootanimation.zip (located in the magisk module zip: system/media folder) manually to /system/media on your phone and set permissions to rw-r-r
If you end up using this method, remember to back up stock bootanimation by adding a .bak at the end of the file name.

morback

Mar 9, 2011
You should be able to disable or remove it using the modules section in the sidebar in Magisk itself.
That's the point: it doesn't work. With either 20.1 and canary. But I think it's not the only module with I get this so it should come from my side. Can't understand where from though....

kitpop

Dec 22, 2014
That's the point: it doesn't work. With either 20.1 and canary. But I think it's not the only module with I get this so it should come from my side. Can't understand where from though....
Okay try this... Reboot to TWRP> mount system > go to advanced > file manager > then go to data/adb/modules > delete the McLaren folder and any other... This is the only other way I know to remove modules...

Reactions: morback

kitpop

Dec 22, 2014
Okay try this... Reboot to TWRP> mount system > go to advanced > file manager > then go to data/adb/modules > delete the McLaren folder and any other... This is the only other way I know to remove modules...
By any other folder I mean which ever module you want to remove just delete their respective folder..

morback

Mar 9, 2011
By any other folder I mean which ever module you want to remove just delete their respective folder..
I understood :)

But... Mount what? TWRP? OnePlus 7T and 7T pro => still no TWRP :D

Anyway I could access this folder through Solidexplorer and there is no McLaren folder or any other related to this module.... And yet there are the others from my other modules...

sabnack

Jul 12, 2010
thank you very much it looks amazing
is it possible to change the bootanimation.zip inside this zip module to "flash" annother bootanimation.zip into my 7t pro ? or the other files are somehow tied to this one ?

kitpop

Dec 22, 2014
thank you very much it looks amazing
is it possible to change the bootanimation.zip inside this zip module to "flash" annother bootanimation.zip into my 7t pro ? or the other files are somehow tied to this one ?
Nope, that should work but other things and info will show up as McLaren bootanimation...

dorianstgt

Jan 12, 2013
Stuttgart
I understood :)

But... Mount what? TWRP? OnePlus 7T and 7T pro => still no TWRP :D

Anyway I could access this folder through Solidexplorer and there is no McLaren folder or any other related to this module.... And yet there are the others from my other modules...
Same situation with me: cannot remove mclaren nor find it anywhere...:crying:

morback

Mar 9, 2011
Same situation with me: cannot remove mclaren nor find it anywhere...:crying:
Update your phone to 10.0.7 and your boot animation will be back to stock.
If you're already on 10.0.7, use the manual update function in settings, and choose the OOS file you're already on. Follow the tutorial which explains how to keep root after OTA (install OTA, DON'T REBOOT, got to magisk : install/install/direct install, then install it again but to inactive slot and you're ready to reboot). Module should still be in the list but at least your boot animation is back to stock ?

Reactions: dorianstgt

dorianstgt

Jan 12, 2013
Stuttgart
Update your phone to 10.0.7 and your boot animation will be back to stock.
If you're already on 10.0.7, use the manual update function in settings, and choose the OOS file you're already on. Follow the tutorial which explains how to keep root after OTA (install OTA, DON'T REBOOT, got to magisk : install/install/direct install, then install it again but to inactive slot and you're ready to reboot). Module should still be in the list but at least your boot animation is back to stock ?
Thank you very much,but surprisingly the boot animation stays McLaren after update.

morback

Mar 9, 2011
Thank you very much,but surprisingly the boot animation stays McLaren after update.
? Well....

I copied the stock bootanimation.zip from my device but I can't replace the one in the module (file explorer says "system file is read only". I'll try to find a way to do it from my computer. Then you should be able to flash it upon the old one I guess, through magisk.

EDIT: I did it from my computer, try to install this module

https://framadrop.org/r/P2Dibr-hM5#tasiRIXLD/b6AA7tSCIXBP303/A2ZvanXGx5MD1TAB0=

Last edited:
Reactions: dorianstgt

dorianstgt

Jan 12, 2013
Stuttgart
Well....

I copied the stock bootanimation.zip from my device but I can't replace the one in the module (file explorer says "system file is read only". I'll try to find a way to do it from my computer. Then you should be able to flash it upon the old one I guess, through magisk.

EDIT: I did it from my computer, try to install this module

https://framadrop.org/r/P2Dibr-hM5#tasiRIXLD/b6AA7tSCIXBP303/A2ZvanXGx5MD1TAB0=
Thank you very much, it works.
Greetings from Stuttgart, Germany.
Strange, that the module is not removable...