[BOOTANIMATION] [MAGISK] McLaren Boot Animation [OnePlus 7t & 7t Pro]

morback

Mar 9, 2011
Hi @kitpop

Do you think it would be possible to add the modified module I did (without your permission...!) In the 1st post with a little warning saying that this McLaren module is not removable and only workaround is to install this one upon it if we can't or don't want to factory reset? ?

kitpop

Dec 22, 2014
Hi @kitpop

Do you think it would be possible to add the modified module I did (without your permission...!) In the 1st post with a little warning saying that this McLaren module is not removable and only workaround is to install this one upon it if we can't or don't want to factory reset?
well, sure, I was about to make one but that would surely save my time :good::D . Post the module as a normal post and I'll quote you in the first post :good:

Knuckels5739

Sep 24, 2017
I flashed the module in magisk and stock boot animation is still there. I tried to manually replace the boot animation zip but the media folder is read only. When I try to change the folder permission using root browser, it throws an error. How do I fix?

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
I flashed the module in magisk and stock boot animation is still there. I tried to manually replace the boot animation zip but the media folder is read only. When I try to change the folder permission using root browser, it throws an error. How do I fix?
There's something wrong with the module, as the boot animation still persist even after uninstalling the module.
You need to completely uninstall magisk from the app and reroot. That's how I fixed it.

Sent from my OnePlus7TPro using XDA Labs

kitpop

Dec 22, 2014
There's something wrong with the module, as the boot animation still persist even after uninstalling the module.
You need to completely uninstall magisk from the app and reroot. That's how I fixed it.
I made the same module for OnePlus 7 and 7 pro don't know what is cause the issue in the t variants... I will make a module to add back the stock boot animation... Also Magisk 20.2 got released and is also causing some issues, going to wait for that to get sorted before making any changes to the module.

Last edited:

kitpop

Dec 22, 2014
T-Mobile removed the McLaren boot ani for their ugly ass red t-mobile one, so I was hoping this would fix that, but unfortunately, it did not. I assume because this is for global phones.
Nope works with all, just haven't updated it with new magisk template for 20.2. works with earlier versions of magisk

finalfantasy

May 7, 2011
Really don't understand how this module could have worked for anyone. Because apparently only Magisk 20.1 and earlier works with it, but I have never been able to get Magisk 20.1 working on my Oneplus 7t pro, only 20.2 and later. Would really love an update to this to be supported on Magisk 20.3. Because it really does look sick!

intoxicated.mad

Nov 1, 2012
Bharatpur
Really don't understand how this module could have worked for anyone. Because apparently only Magisk 20.1 and earlier works with it, but I have never been able to get Magisk 20.1 working on my Oneplus 7t pro, only 20.2 and later. Would really love an update to this to be supported on Magisk 20.3. Because it really does look sick!
Want it on magisk 20.3??
Just install the module and reboot,
Extract the module in your internal and copy system, config.sh, module.prop and readme.md
then go to
Root/data/adb/maclaren? (Paste them here) make sure they have rwrr permission in my case it was already like that.
Just reboot and enjoy your new bootanimation :good:

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
Want it on magisk 20.3??
Just install the module and reboot,
Extract the module in your internal and copy system, config.sh, module.prop and readme.md
then go to
Root/data/adb/maclaren? (Paste them here) make sure they have rwrr permission in my case it was already like that.
Just reboot and enjoy your new bootanimation :good:
Worked perfectly on 20.3. permissions were already set properly. Thanks!