[bootanimation] Nexus One

Search This thread

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
This is just the original Nexus One Boot Animation I put together for the Nexus 4.. This has been my favorite boot animation since I first purchased my Nexus S two years ago. This used to be the Nexus S default Boot Animation until ICS came along.

This is 98% nearly identical to the original except I did some post processing of the frames to sharpen them up and improve the colors a tad. It was old and showed its age a bit. It needed a little "refreshing". Also, obviously changed the desc.txt to fit our screen.

Not flashable.

Installation

Copy bootanimation.zip to one of two locations.. Your choice

If you copy it to /data/local/ it will override any ROMs boot animation.. ie: It will preserve your ROMs boot animation. If you want the original back simply delete bootanimation.zip and your ROMs will be used again

If you copy it to /system/media/ you will most likely be prompted to over write your ROMs boot animation.

The first location is the prefered installation area. Don't forget to changes permissions to rw-r-r

Sample of one of the animation frames

rQUkVnq.jpg

How it fits on the screen

sgSYOa3.jpg

As always hit thanks if you use it. :) Thank you

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 3,024
Last edited:

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Just wanna remind people for who this doesn't work to fix the permission and change them to rw-r-r. It didn't work for me at first when I placed it in data/local until I discovered my derp.

I always forget to remind folks of that.. Thank you. I'll update the OP

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

la3bna

Aug 5, 2009
Stavern
Something wrong?

I only got "android" with light passing it ....

EDIT:

My bad I have to update the premissons

Last edited:

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks so much for this boot animation! Feels good to see this again :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Yahi

Dec 26, 2012
Cool, but have you got (or could you make) a flashable zip version?
EDIT: Nvm, I learned how to use root explorer to do it =)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just the original Nexus One Boot Animation I put together for the Nexus 4.. This has been my favorite boot animation since I first purchased my Nexus S two years ago. This used to be the Nexus S default Boot Animation until ICS came along.

This is 98% nearly identical to the original except I did some post processing of the frames to sharpen them up and improve the colors a tad. It was old and showed its age a bit. It needed a little "refreshing". Also, obviously changed the desc.txt to fit our screen.

Not flashable.

Installation

Copy bootanimation.zip to one of two locations.. Your choice

If you copy it to /data/local/ it will override any ROMs boot animation.. ie: It will preserve your ROMs boot animation. If you want the original back simply delete bootanimation.zip and your ROMs will be used again

If you copy it to /system/media/ you will most likely be prompted to over write your ROMs boot animation.

The first location is the prefered installation area. Don't forget to changes permissions to rw-r-r

Sample of one of the animation frames

rQUkVnq.jpg

How it fits on the screen

sgSYOa3.jpg

As always hit thanks if you use it. :) Thank you
    Thanks for this. I love it ;looks great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Very nice! My new favourite :)

Just wanna remind people for who this doesn't work to fix the permission and change them to rw-r-r. It didn't work for me at first when I placed it in data/local until I discovered my derp.