[Bootanimation] Nexus Prime Official Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey2487

Mar 9, 2011
Wait a sec,

A one minute bootup sequence? That's waay too long. Yeah, it's cool looking (if not boring) but after a few days, it'll get annoying and you'll want to go back to stock or something quicker.
my phone does not take a minute to boot up with this animation. it boots up normally maybe 20 seconds

G

GuestK00336

Modify?!

I am uncertain of how to modify the desc.txt once the zip is in data/local. I have tried root explorer but it always ask me to extract. Going into the desc.txt file itself doesn't allow a menu option. I extracted...modified the desc.txt and then zipped it back up, reboot, my stock boot returned. Would modifying via pc be a better way to go?
Any insight would be great.

Thanks.

febycv

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2011
Michigan
I am uncertain of how to modify the desc.txt once the zip is in data/local. I have tried root explorer but it always ask me to extract. Going into the desc.txt file itself doesn't allow a menu option. I extracted...modified the desc.txt and then zipped it back up, reboot, my stock boot returned. Would modifying via pc be a better way to go?
Any insight would be great.

Thanks.
Refer the modified post. You will get the file according to your resolution.

If you need any resolution other than this, inform me. I will modify it for you.

G

GuestK00336

Refer the modified post. You will get the file according to your resolution.

If you need any resolution other than this, inform me. I will modify it for you.
I appreciate you creating those files, works great on my HD2.
I'm still curious though....when you mention modifying the desc.txt...was this through root explorer or another program? I would still like to know, just so I can understand, and if possible use another app to do these functions as root explorer doesn't perform this task. :)

G

GuestK00336

Ok, probably a stupid question, where do I need to put this on my Samsung Galaxy S 2? Thanks :D

If you use flashable zip.....the zip does the work....

If you chose a zip based on your resolution, download, re-name it to bootanimation.zip and use root explorer to drop it into data/local

tombolek

Apr 2, 2011
If you use flashable zip.....the zip does the work....

If you chose a zip based on your resolution, download, re-name it to bootanimation.zip and use root explorer to drop it into data/local
I am on the latest CWM Recovery and stock Froyo .. and when I choose the zip to install, I get "Installation aborted" .. Any idea what I can do? I dont have Root Explorer, unfortunately ..

febycv

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2011
Michigan
I am on the latest CWM Recovery and stock Froyo .. and when I choose the zip to install, I get "Installation aborted" .. Any idea what I can do? I dont have Root Explorer, unfortunately ..
Then try the manual method. U need a normal file explorer, root explorer is not important.

Download the file according to your phone specification & follow the instructions.

Use Astro File Manager it is available in the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: tombolek

tombolek

Apr 2, 2011
Then try the manual method. U need a normal file explorer, root explorer is not important.

Download the file according to your phone specification & follow the instructions.

Use Astro File Manager it is available in the market.
Thanks for the advice, everything works fine now.. :) The first run of the animation is very low FPS, but after that the next couple of runs until the phone boots are same as on the video..

Bobaboo

Aug 29, 2009
Canoga Park
Installed on my Droid Charge, and am installing on my Eee Pad. Like it on the Droid charge. On the Eee pad it looks good, although it is a tab bit on the grainy side

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 using XDA App

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.