• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Bootleggers][Pie][For][Moto][G4/G4 plus]

Search This thread

Gokul1630

Sep 1, 2017
Salem
bootleg_41_highlights.png

01-intro.png

Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects. The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.

With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls), ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you always a good experience.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us!

02-features.png

Some of the features that are included on this ROM are:
Code:
* QS Rows and Colums
* Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation
* Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen
* Power Menu Items
* Battery LED light settings
* Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it
* AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
* Recent Styles: Dig the new Pie Quickstep recents, go back to the classic layout or use the Android Go layout
* Network icons: Show or hide the cross, switch between 4G or LTE, use the classic icon layout before Pie or toggle roaming icon too!

Also, you can check a full list of Features available here.

04-thanks.png

Thanks to this people, this ROM could be possible, so, i have to give a big thanks to:
Code:
* Shishu (For being there)
* Ground Zero ROMs Team
* AOSPExtended
* ABC ROMs
* NitrogenOS
* AICP
* DirtyUnicorns
* Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
* fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
* OmniROM
* CyanogenMod/LineageOS
* PixelExperience
* PureNexus
* merothh
* Resurrection Remix
* AOSiP
* CrDroid
* CypherOS
* PureKat
* theimpulson
* MatiHalperin
* Project Xtended
* Pixeldust Project
* AquariOS
* Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
* PixysOS 
* The Memedo Testers team
* Every maintainer who decided to give our project a shot
* You for your interest on our project

Also if you got some ideas,bug fixes, stability improvements or want to help to support features for your device, you can do it by sending a Pull request on Bootleggers Github (check downloads and sources part) or tell us on our Telegram group (Check about us section), will be really appreciated. Got some questions about some terms we use? Check our FAQ or feel free to ask us. We appreciate your feedback and help.

03-downloads.png

Downloads:
/*** THIS IS FOR
POSTING YOUR LINKS, IN CASE YOU WANT
TO POST A LINK, OR YOUR SOURCES
TO BE USED AND OPTIMIZED, OR MAYBE NOT
WHATEVER YOU WANT, IT'S PRETTY OPTIONAL

ALSO, YOU CAN POST ONLY YOUR KERNEL SOURCES
AND POST LINKS AND MIRRORS IF YOU WISH
JUST KEEP THE ROM SOURCES PART

THE INFO BELOW IS THE EXAMPLE ONE (SURNIA)
SO PLEASE, MODIFY IT WITH YOUR DEVICE REPOS
OR REMOVE IT BUT SHARE THE KERNEL SOURCES!
***/
AndroidFileHost
GApps:
Opengapps

05-sources.png

Device Sources:
device tree
kernel tree
vendor tree

Bugs:
*camera recording

ROM Sources
Bootleggers Github

Special Thanks to
@rajatgupta1998 (for trees & help to fix bugs)
@loonycrd (for trees )
@aspiringca (for testing)
@theHari08 (for his ideas)
@ Ayan Uchiha Choudhury
@gokul1630(me)

XDA:DevDB Information
Bootleggers, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
Gokul1630
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2019-03-08
Last Updated 2019-04-02

May 21, 2014
This is my favorite ROM, it has the most beautiful themes I've ever seen, I was very happy when I saw that it had been released for g4 plus, thank you !! I love you for it! lol
Obs:
1 - If anyone has problems with deep sleep, just install the micro gapps!
2 -If LAG appears in the home screen, disable the "Display Google app" option in the luncher settings!

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Is whatsapp camera bug is there in this rom?? Or solved...
yes, the bug is there! Must be fixed when the oreo kernel source code is published. :fingers-crossed:

tejas1903

Dec 28, 2014
Pune
Amazing work!

@Gokul1630 Amazing ROM Man! Seriously, aesthetically one of the most pleasing ROM that I ever tested on my phone! The Shishu Nights UI theme is kinda something that I always have been looking for! I can't really thank you enough for the ROM bro.. I am attaching some of the screenshots here with this post. Only one or two problems aside, the ROM is an absolute beauty and functions quite well. The issues are also kind of minor. One is that there's a little more battery drain than usual. I checked the battery drain and no app is munching more than usual but the system itself is using more RAM. (Could there be a memory leak? Just a wild guess.. I'm an amature so I wouldn't know...) Secondly, in the options in the menu that appears after pressing power button, 'Emergency' option appears 4 times. (you can check it out in one of the screenshots that I have posted.) Thirdly, after changing the theme, after the UI restarts, the phone takes good 3-4 seconds to start responding to the touch again. Is it possible to remove that lag?
Also, (and this is purely a suggestion for the sake of pushing the creativity further), is it possible to make the background blur, instead of giving it a faded effect (or instead of making it lighter). Again, it's there in the screenshots posted, so you will know what I'm talking about. The blur background effect will look far more better than the effect of lighter background (eg. in the settings or in the app tray etc.). If at all possible, could you give it a try? Thank you very much again!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190310-094027_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190310-094027_Settings.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 573
  • Screenshot_20190310-093935_Shishu_Foot_Lettuce.jpg
    Screenshot_20190310-093935_Shishu_Foot_Lettuce.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 578
  • Screenshot_20190310-093914_Shishu_Foot_Lettuce.jpg
    Screenshot_20190310-093914_Shishu_Foot_Lettuce.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 563
  • Screenshot_20190310-094009_Shishu_Foot_Lettuce.jpg
    Screenshot_20190310-094009_Shishu_Foot_Lettuce.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 556
  • Screenshot_20190310-093947_Shishu_Foot_Lettuce.jpg
    Screenshot_20190310-093947_Shishu_Foot_Lettuce.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:

jer194

Feb 23, 2014
Thanks, but i've got the g4 not the g4+. So again humbly asking: Does the rom work on my device. And since you mentioned a 32 bit rom, where is this to be found?

Off topic: (not really related to Bootleggers ROM)

Omni Pie is 32 bit, and I think golden-guy (the maintainer) also only has the g4 (I might be wrong).
Check this thread.

A pretty complete list of ROMs you can find here.

I think you just should try yourself, and report whether it is working.
As long as you take a backup before, nothing really bad can happen, you always can go back.

Last edited:

Ragul Vibu

Mar 22, 2018
Chennai
So will there be any updates to this rom or this will be as it is...:confused:
Honestly speaking the answer is no , we just got a server and we made a built and released it with the help of all , so may be if we get server we will maintain it.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Appreciate your work, here's my question: Does this version work on Moto G4 Dual Sim 2GB Ram 32 bit?
Of course it works , mine 2gb varient and I am using it till now , so you can flash it ;)

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

@Gokul1630 Amazing ROM Man! Seriously, aesthetically one of the most pleasing ROM that I ever tested on my phone! The Shishu Nights UI theme is kinda something that I always have been looking for! I can't really thank you enough for the ROM bro.. I am attaching some of the screenshots here with this post. Only one or two problems aside, the ROM is an absolute beauty and functions quite well. The issues are also kind of minor. One is that there's a little more battery drain than usual. I checked the battery drain and no app is munching more than usual but the system itself is using more RAM. (Could there be a memory leak? Just a wild guess.. I'm an amature so I wouldn't know...) Secondly, in the options in the menu that appears after pressing power button, 'Emergency' option appears 4 times. (you can check it out in one of the screenshots that I have posted.) Thirdly, after changing the theme, after the UI restarts, the phone takes good 3-4 seconds to start responding to the touch again. Is it possible to remove that lag?
Also, (and this is purely a suggestion for the sake of pushing the creativity further), is it possible to make the background blur, instead of giving it a faded effect (or instead of making it lighter). Again, it's there in the screenshots posted, so you will know what I'm talking about. The blur background effect will look far more better than the effect of lighter background (eg. in the settings or in the app tray etc.). If at all possible, could you give it a try? Thank you very much again!
Yah the power menu is the know issue and one flashed the rom with simple gapps and the power menu issue sloved so may be you can try it , meanwhile if we get server and some time we will update the rom. And thanks for your review .:eek: , I am also one of the great fan of shishu night UI :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Led Warrior

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bootleg_41_highlights.png

01-intro.png

Bootleggers ROM is an aftermarket firmware based on AOSP with some patches and fixes from LineageOS and various other projects. The idea is to bring custom features and some of the most useful apps on your device, with the goal of Making you feel like 家.

With an almost stable source, this ROM is also packed with some custom wallpapers (avaliable on ShishuWalls), ringtones, fonts, and themes to bring to your device into a more fresh look and give you always a good experience.

Also, we got our Telegram Group to talk about the ROM, share some love, ideas or even have fun with us!

02-features.png

Some of the features that are included on this ROM are:
    Code:
    * QS Rows and Colums
    * Volume Keys: Wake up, skip tracks and switch according to rotation
    * Show song album cover, visualizer and battery info on Lockscreen
    * Power Menu Items
    * Battery LED light settings
    * Suspend Actions: Make your device disable GPS and switch to 2G when you're not using it
    * AppOps: Manage your apps permissions in an advanced way
    * Recent Styles: Dig the new Pie Quickstep recents, go back to the classic layout or use the Android Go layout
    * Network icons: Show or hide the cross, switch between 4G or LTE, use the classic icon layout before Pie or toggle roaming icon too!

Also, you can check a full list of Features available here.

04-thanks.png

Thanks to this people, this ROM could be possible, so, i have to give a big thanks to:
    Code:
    * Shishu (For being there)
    * Ground Zero ROMs Team
    * AOSPExtended
    * ABC ROMs
    * NitrogenOS
    * AICP
    * DirtyUnicorns
    * Lukas Koller (Camera Roll dev)
    * fxckingdeathwish (for the amazing photos for wallpaper/headers)
    * OmniROM
    * CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    * PixelExperience
    * PureNexus
    * merothh
    * Resurrection Remix
    * AOSiP
    * CrDroid
    * CypherOS
    * PureKat
    * theimpulson
    * MatiHalperin
    * Project Xtended
    * Pixeldust Project
    * AquariOS
    * Alejandro Ponce (Quetzal/Calypso dev)
    * PixysOS 
    * The Memedo Testers team
    * Every maintainer who decided to give our project a shot
    * You for your interest on our project

Also if you got some ideas,bug fixes, stability improvements or want to help to support features for your device, you can do it by sending a Pull request on Bootleggers Github (check downloads and sources part) or tell us on our Telegram group (Check about us section), will be really appreciated. Got some questions about some terms we use? Check our FAQ or feel free to ask us. We appreciate your feedback and help.

03-downloads.png

Downloads:
    /*** THIS IS FOR
    POSTING YOUR LINKS, IN CASE YOU WANT
    TO POST A LINK, OR YOUR SOURCES
    TO BE USED AND OPTIMIZED, OR MAYBE NOT
    WHATEVER YOU WANT, IT'S PRETTY OPTIONAL

ALSO, YOU CAN POST ONLY YOUR KERNEL SOURCES
    AND POST LINKS AND MIRRORS IF YOU WISH
    JUST KEEP THE ROM SOURCES PART

THE INFO BELOW IS THE EXAMPLE ONE (SURNIA)
    SO PLEASE, MODIFY IT WITH YOUR DEVICE REPOS
    OR REMOVE IT BUT SHARE THE KERNEL SOURCES!
    ***/
    AndroidFileHost
    GApps:
    Opengapps

05-sources.png

Device Sources:
    device tree
    kernel tree
    vendor tree

Bugs:
    *camera recording

ROM Sources
    Bootleggers Github

Special Thanks to
    @rajatgupta1998 (for trees & help to fix bugs)
    @loonycrd (for trees )
    @aspiringca (for testing)
    @theHari08 (for his ideas)
    @ Ayan Uchiha Choudhury
    @gokul1630(me)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bootleggers, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
    Gokul1630
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2019-03-08
    Last Updated 2019-04-02
    sorry guys, i didn't expect but the rom is booted ,my bro asked me to compile this rom for his device & I don't have Moto g4/g4 plus device
    Don't blame me for this blind build ??
    New update is out, built on 14 March : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397916169
    Changelogs:
    Fixed power menu glitch.
    Thanks a lot to @Loonycrd , @theHari08, Ayan Uchiha Choudhury for helping us in building. Happy flashing :)