• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bootleggers ROM Queso (Q) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][OFFICIAL][SHISHUFIED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

salimtn

Nov 25, 2014
kairouan
Hi dev and thanks for all your work
Unpopular opinion : why you dont go back to pie and/or oreo roms and update them with latest versions ? I'm not a big fun of Q,searched for lot of roms but they are not finished and updated and i dont think it will be too hard to rebuild latest roms version since most bugs are already fixed
Thanks again.

amirizad_7436

Sep 6, 2018
Hi dev and thanks for all your work
Unpopular opinion : why you dont go back to pie and/or oreo roms and update them with latest versions ? I'm not a big fun of Q,searched for lot of roms but they are not finished and updated and i dont think it will be too hard to rebuild latest roms version since most bugs are already fixed
Thanks again.
I'm not sure these are jens answers or not
Just a personal opinion
1_ absolutely Q is bugless than pie. At pie you didn't had nfc but now you have, and many many things over it. I was here from noghat tw rom and had oreo pie and Q from jens and others. Believe me the most stable thing on aosp is Q
If it's new it doesn't means that it's unstable and our devs can't do any thing about it. Jens and others did it perfect
2_ newer Android versions means newest security patch and latest abilities on our 5 years old device
3_ all the world needs latest technology and its goodies so as you said it's not popular idea
Number 4 is nothing just feel free to install what ever you want and what is the best for you
For that idea it's better to learn Linux and how to create rom or donate devs to do it for you:good:;)

Best regards

salimtn

Nov 25, 2014
kairouan
I'm not sure these are jens answers or not
Just a personal opinion
1_ absolutely Q is bugless than pie. At pie you didn't had nfc but now you have, and many many things over it. I was here from noghat tw rom and had oreo pie and Q from jens and others. Believe me the most stable thing on aosp is Q
If it's new it doesn't means that it's unstable and our devs can't do any thing about it. Jens and others did it perfect
2_ newer Android versions means newest security patch and latest abilities on our 5 years old device
3_ all the world needs latest technology and its goodies so as you said it's not popular idea
Number 4 is nothing just feel free to install what ever you want and what is the best for you
For that idea it's better to learn Linux and how to create rom or donate devs to do it for you:good:;)

Best regards
Yes i agree,Q is more stable then P and O
Devs moved to Q too early even before releasing stable P roms,thats why iam asking for "one last time" stable P roms
Also my j5 is 3 years old and i dont feel that installing a new Q rom will be a good idea specially with my half working battery , iam using RR 7.1.2 rom since 2 years and im in love with it but it doesnt handle new heavy apps anymore
So a RR oreo or pie stable rom will be perfect for me but anyway im so thankful and satisfied with what our devs had done
Big shout to Dyneteve btw.

amirizad_7436

Sep 6, 2018
Yes i agree,Q is more stable then P and O
Devs moved to Q too early even before releasing stable P roms,thats why iam asking for "one last time" stable P roms
Also my j5 is 3 years old and i dont feel that installing a new Q rom will be a good idea specially with my half working battery , iam using RR 7.1.2 rom since 2 years and im in love with it but it doesnt handle new heavy apps anymore
So a RR oreo or pie stable rom will be perfect for me but anyway im so thankful and satisfied with what our devs had done
Big shout to Dyneteve btw.
I don't feel it you know
I absolutely run every app that is brand new esaly and without any problems
How ever it is sd410 with 1350mb ram but jen's builds(also others) runs very fast on it
I still prefer to use Q
If you needed any help we are at group to help others

Reactions: Jeremito1

blueboysin

Apr 13, 2015
Hi Actually I want to learn how to compile/port any custom rom for any j5lte or some other devices can some plz provide proper link for tutorial or guide that helping me ?

latviandude

Jun 2, 2019
@jenslody
After testing all of ur "Test Roms" which u gave us, I came to summary, that Havoc provides the best performance and battery life with Gapps. Others starts to freeze and lag a bit.. But it's cuz of max features and gservices itself...and our hardware is pretty old too..

I know that u are not Gapps user but I am one of users which uses Gapps for banking stuff etc.

So maybe, of course, if u are okay with it and if u even think to support something for j5 official or unofficial... Then maybe u could go for HavocOS?

If not, I understand.. But maybe then u could public or send me private Havoc trees for J5 and I could build it myself. (Im asking for trees cuz my Havoc builds always bootloops and I don't know why, but LineageOS boots fine..)

P.S. Thanks for everything. You are the one of the last real Devs here for J5. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bootleggers.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
    and ends the world as we know it.
    You have been warned.

Rom-Information

Bootleggers Rom Queso (aka. Q aka. 10) Official (shishufied)

More information about the rom can be found:

What works

amost evrything you need
    in detail, most stuff works: ril, wifi, gps, video, audio, bt-audio, pip, nfc, drm, fm-radio,
    except what's listed in bugs
    encryption works, decryption in TWRP also (at least with my TWRP), more details come, be careful and take a full backup before encrypting
    Bugs

• sim-pin does not work, so you need a sim with removed pin
    • mobile data does not work most of the time, sometimes it does
    • gps works but fix sometimes needs a long time, especially with low signal (indoors)
    • NFC (J500FN)
    • included screen-recording app does not work on the J5 devices
    • dual-sim issues (possible workaround in second post)
    • no Volte!
    • You tell me

Credits

all Galaxy-MSM8916 devs and contributors for the base trees
    @Zakaryan2004 for some telegram chats about our device
    @SebaUbuntu for fixing nfc and drm
    the Bootleggers ROM team for the great rom
    the xda community

Sources

Downloads from sourceforge (preferred)

[*]SM-J500H
    [*]SM-J5008
    [*]SM-J500F/G/M/NO/Y
    [*]SM-J500FN
    [/LIST]

Downloads from my server

Instructions

At least MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !
    Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !
    You have to reboot one time after first boot to make mobile data work.
    • Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, ODIN version might come)
    • Download the latest build
    • Put it on your device
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • If you want to be sure wipe the device
    • Flash the latest build
    • Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
    • Reboot and enjoy

Others

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.
    I use it as daily driver without major issues, except mobile data (see above).
    I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom but need to be enabled in "Settings -> Bootleg dumpster -> Miscellaneous" and granted in "Settings -> apps" and/or in microG-Settings.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bootleggers ROM Queso (Q) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][OFFICIAL][SHISHUFIED], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    jenslody
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock MarshMallow bootloader and modem
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-01-30
    Last Updated 2020-06-07
    New update uploaded:
    links in OP or via Bootleggers Telegram Group as usual.

Mobile data should now work in single sim devices and (hopefully) on first sim-slot also.
    I tend to go with bliss.
    Nebertheless I will put testroms on my server:
    https://android.jenslody.de/Testroms/

Derpfest for j5nlte is already uploaded, j5xnlte will be uploaded soon.
    Havoc has j5nlte, just email crashes with exchange.
    Bliss will have j5nlte as first, upload will be done as soon as the currently compiling version is ready and working (Just homebutton wakeup fix).

No real support, but questions are allowed, of course.
    It looks like I go with Bliss, you can find downloads for all devices on my server.

If you need a TWRP, my builds should work.
    An own thread will come, if I find the time and/or hotel wlan is good enough (out for work this week).
    I'm still searching for a new rom to build.
    I currently have a working Derpfest vanilla (no gapps) on my j5nlte and j5xnlte, but I am not absolutely happy with it.
    I will test Bliss as next.
    Havoc is okay, but I prefer Derpfest over it.
    I also tested Corvus and Aosip.
    Descendant sounds interesting, but trees are private, so I can not test it.
    AICP also sounds interesting, so I might look into it also.

If you have other ideas please feel free to suggest them here.