• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Bootleggers ROM Queso (Q) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][OFFICIAL][SHISHUFIED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Hi dear, can i see some screenshot from the rom? Thank you and sorry before...
I wonder why ppl ask for screenshots of a rom when the rom is available for multiple devices. For example, if you take a screenshot of whyred or something on los16 or 17.1, i'm pretty sure it looks the same on our j5, regardless of screen style (notch or non-notch). So in this case, what makes a bliss rom screenshot so much different? Nothing, its the same concept as the los screenshot example, but in terms of bliss.

yogidpras

Oct 23, 2017
I wonder why ppl ask for screenshots of a rom when the rom is available for multiple devices. For example, if you take a screenshot of whyred or something on los16 or 17.1, i'm pretty sure it looks the same on our j5, regardless of screen style (notch or non-notch). So in this case, what makes a bliss rom screenshot so much different? Nothing, its the same concept as the los screenshot example, but in terms of bliss.

Ok, sorry for that. This is my last question, what's version of the rom (Bliss) and gapps needed or no? Thankyou...

yogidpras

Oct 23, 2017
Hi, bliss rom was awesome so smooth and easy to use... Thanks to jens for beautiful rom. Also thanks to amirizad for helping me to install the rom and the gapps. Thankyou very much for the good works here... Really love the rom~

asliaral

Apr 10, 2020
İstanbul
Hello İ have a problem.İ sold a membership about information when someone calls me.

But when İ click Phone. Setting. Call. Call phone forwarding

İt says "open the radio"..

And İ tried the other way. İ am writing the code for forward the call and push the call button, but it doesnt work. İt says "forwarding, invalid code"

How can İ do? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bootleggers.png

Disclaimer
    Code:
    I am not responsible if flashing this ROM bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war
    and ends the world as we know it.
    You have been warned.

Rom-Information

Bootleggers Rom Queso (aka. Q aka. 10) Official (shishufied)

More information about the rom can be found:

What works

amost evrything you need
    in detail, most stuff works: ril, wifi, gps, video, audio, bt-audio, pip, nfc, drm, fm-radio,
    except what's listed in bugs
    encryption works, decryption in TWRP also (at least with my TWRP), more details come, be careful and take a full backup before encrypting
    Bugs

• sim-pin does not work, so you need a sim with removed pin
    • mobile data does not work most of the time, sometimes it does
    • gps works but fix sometimes needs a long time, especially with low signal (indoors)
    • NFC (J500FN)
    • included screen-recording app does not work on the J5 devices
    • dual-sim issues (possible workaround in second post)
    • no Volte!
    • You tell me

Credits

all Galaxy-MSM8916 devs and contributors for the base trees
    @Zakaryan2004 for some telegram chats about our device
    @SebaUbuntu for fixing nfc and drm
    the Bootleggers ROM team for the great rom
    the xda community

Sources

Downloads from sourceforge (preferred)

[*]SM-J500H
    [*]SM-J5008
    [*]SM-J500F/G/M/NO/Y
    [*]SM-J500FN
    [/LIST]

Downloads from my server

Instructions

At least MarshMallow bootloader is required or you will not be able to boot the rom !
    Latest stock firmware is recommended before installing this rom, even if it might work with older versions !
    You have to reboot one time after first boot to make mobile data work.
    • Use the TWRP from the download-link for your device above (needs to be flashed from existing TWRP, ODIN version might come)
    • Download the latest build
    • Put it on your device
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • If you want to be sure wipe the device
    • Flash the latest build
    • Clean Cache and Dalvik if you want
    • Reboot and enjoy

Others

Easily rootable with the great Magisk (stable) by @topjohnwu.
    I use it as daily driver without major issues, except mobile data (see above).
    I use microG as google replacement and for push-services, signature-spoofing is already build into the rom but need to be enabled in "Settings -> Bootleg dumpster -> Miscellaneous" and granted in "Settings -> apps" and/or in microG-Settings.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bootleggers ROM Queso (Q) for J5 (2015)[SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y][OFFICIAL][SHISHUFIED], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    jenslody
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock MarshMallow bootloader and modem
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-01-30
    Last Updated 2020-06-07
    New update uploaded:
    links in OP or via Bootleggers Telegram Group as usual.

Mobile data should now work in single sim devices and (hopefully) on first sim-slot also.
    I tend to go with bliss.
    Nebertheless I will put testroms on my server:
    https://android.jenslody.de/Testroms/

Derpfest for j5nlte is already uploaded, j5xnlte will be uploaded soon.
    Havoc has j5nlte, just email crashes with exchange.
    Bliss will have j5nlte as first, upload will be done as soon as the currently compiling version is ready and working (Just homebutton wakeup fix).

No real support, but questions are allowed, of course.
    It looks like I go with Bliss, you can find downloads for all devices on my server.

If you need a TWRP, my builds should work.
    An own thread will come, if I find the time and/or hotel wlan is good enough (out for work this week).
    I'm still searching for a new rom to build.
    I currently have a working Derpfest vanilla (no gapps) on my j5nlte and j5xnlte, but I am not absolutely happy with it.
    I will test Bliss as next.
    Havoc is okay, but I prefer Derpfest over it.
    I also tested Corvus and Aosip.
    Descendant sounds interesting, but trees are private, so I can not test it.
    AICP also sounds interesting, so I might look into it also.

If you have other ideas please feel free to suggest them here.