[Bootloader][d800][JB/KK/LP][2015.07.29] Flash JB/KK/LP Bootloader

Search This thread

y300owner

Apr 18, 2013
Boston
Can you please explain in details? What exactly you want to do with TWRP?

From the image of your attachment, It seems like you're on STOCK Rooted ROM, If so then only you'll be able to flash TWRP 2.7.0.0 on it.

Steps: Don't miss any of these;

-Copy all of these to your device Internal
0)AutoRec v1 for D800
1)Bumped TWRP 2.8.7.1 Recovery for D800
2)Bumped Dorimanx KK Kernel v10.9
3)Bumped blastagator's KK20y Bootloader.
-Use Quick Boot to Reboot into recovery without using manual method, requires root, you can download it from PlayStore.
-Now if everything sets you may go ahead n install AutoRec which will Install TWRP 2.7.0.0 which is non-bumped
-Once done with Installation, it will prompt you to Reboot into Recovery,Just Hit it, Will reboot your device in few sec into TWRP 2.7.0.0 recovery, from there you can make optional backup if you want or go Straight to flash following things.
-First flash TWRP 2.8.7.1 Bumped recovery
-Reboot Recovery !!! NOT THE SYSTEM!!!
-Flash Dorimanx KK Bumped Kernel v10.9
-Flash Bumped blastagator's KK20y Bootloader
-Finally Reboot System.

Optionally you can Wipe Dalvic/Cache after flashing kernel n before flashing bootloader. Now make sure you choose exactly how i mentioned, if you mess with bootloader, may get your device bricked!!!

Once everything done, you'll have everything Bumped up, that includes your bootloader too. :)

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

If you've followed the previous post of mine, then Indeed you've KK Bootloader. But make sure whichever ROM you're planning to flash.

Read its Requirements first. Some require LP bootstack some doesn't, it varies ROM to ROM. :)

Other way to check, If you're on Stock KK ROM n haven't flashed any recovery, just Rooted it with Stump then it should have KK Bootloader, but if you're on TWRP 2.7.0.0 Recovery then you're on JB Bootloader which isn't bumped so have to follow above post of mine. To take things much easier.

I've been through all of these, And i don't want anyone to mess up bcos of being NOOB.

Oh man I think I dodged a bullet. My phone was rooted and had TWRP 2.7.0.0 with CloudyG2 2.2. I decided to upgraded the TWRP as I wanted to get Dorimanx kernel. I flashed it and zip the kernel. And it worked!

Had no idea of things being bumped or not! Now I think I need to upgrade the bootstack to 39a to install CloudyG2 3.3. I want lolipop :p. Still searching on how to safely upgrade the bootstack and the steps.

Can't find a simple straightforward guide. All of the are buried in 600+ page threads

arshim

Sep 23, 2014
Karachi
Boot loop (partial brick)

Dear Helper,
I was on cloudyG2 2.2 KK on LG G2 D800 (AT&T). Updated bootloader to "bootstack-d800-KK_20y-v1.1-blastagator-signed.zip" via TWRP 2.8.7.1 and then flashed CloudyG2 3.3 LP. Now facing a problem which is;

When I reboot the phone from within the OS it goes into a bootloop on LG logo. I then have to enter TWRP via hardware button combo and reboot system from within TWRP and only then the phone boots into OS. This happens every time I turn the phone on or reboot it. Besides the bootloop, the phone is working perfectly on Cloudy once in the OS.

Where did I go wrong? Did I flash something that I shouldn't have? Did I break something? Any way I can fix it?

Any help will be appreciated.

amin44

Jul 26, 2014
alger
Dear Helper,
I was on cloudyG2 2.2 KK on LG G2 D800 (AT&T). Updated bootloader to "bootstack-d800-KK_20y-v1.1-blastagator-signed.zip" via TWRP 2.8.7.1 and then flashed CloudyG2 3.3 LP. Now facing a problem which is;

When I reboot the phone from within the OS it goes into a bootloop on LG logo. I then have to enter TWRP via hardware button combo and reboot system from within TWRP and only then the phone boots into OS. This happens every time I turn the phone on or reboot it. Besides the bootloop, the phone is working perfectly on Cloudy once in the OS.

Where did I go wrong? Did I flash something that I shouldn't have? Did I break something? Any way I can fix it?

Any help will be appreciated.
check md5 of rom then do clean flash

ryupunk

Feb 7, 2015
Cordoba
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Can you please explain in details? What exactly you want to do with TWRP?

From the image of your attachment, It seems like you're on STOCK Rooted ROM, If so then only you'll be able to flash TWRP 2.7.0.0 on it.

Steps: Don't miss any of these;

-Copy all of these to your device Internal
0)AutoRec v1 for D800
1)Bumped TWRP 2.8.7.1 Recovery for D800
2)Bumped Dorimanx KK Kernel v10.9
3)Bumped blastagator's KK20y Bootloader.
-Use Quick Boot to Reboot into recovery without using manual method, requires root, you can download it from PlayStore.
-Now if everything sets you may go ahead n install AutoRec which will Install TWRP 2.7.0.0 which is non-bumped
-Once done with Installation, it will prompt you to Reboot into Recovery,Just Hit it, Will reboot your device in few sec into TWRP 2.7.0.0 recovery, from there you can make optional backup if you want or go Straight to flash following things.
-First flash TWRP 2.8.7.1 Bumped recovery
-Reboot Recovery !!! NOT THE SYSTEM!!!
-Flash Dorimanx KK Bumped Kernel v10.9
-Flash Bumped blastagator's KK20y Bootloader
-Finally Reboot System.

Optionally you can Wipe Dalvic/Cache after flashing kernel n before flashing bootloader. Now make sure you choose exactly how i mentioned, if you mess with bootloader, may get your device bricked!!!

Once everything done, you'll have everything Bumped up, that includes your bootloader too. :)

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

If you've followed the previous post of mine, then Indeed you've KK Bootloader. But make sure whichever ROM you're planning to flash.

Read its Requirements first. Some require LP bootstack some doesn't, it varies ROM to ROM. :)

Other way to check, If you're on Stock KK ROM n haven't flashed any recovery, just Rooted it with Stump then it should have KK Bootloader, but if you're on TWRP 2.7.0.0 Recovery then you're on JB Bootloader which isn't bumped so have to follow above post of mine. To take things much easier.

I've been through all of these, And i don't want anyone to mess up bcos of being NOOB.

Man! You are f#cking genius! I just got my D800 (coming from an Optimus G) and I was trying to install a decent rom in the phone since it has stock 4.4.2 and I can't update using OTA 'cause I'm not an AT&T user. Your steps worked like charm and now I have everything bumped in my system ready for a nice custom rom. Thanks again!

roberto32

Nov 16, 2014
did anyone tried to flash the new Lineage OS (it's 14.1 so 7.1 nougat)? Flashing went fine, however booting resulted at boot error - so I suppose that's bootloader problem? Should I build myself one?

pokoo2

Jul 23, 2016
hi i have lg g2 D800 and i flashed mekoo android 7.1.1 with no booting problem. But my TWRP recovery is missing when i try to boot to recovery i get secure booting error. Please is there away i can get back my TWRP and still running android 7.1.1 on my AT&T G2. THANKS

TwoBobWatch

Jul 11, 2014
Melbourne
hi i have lg g2 D800 and i flashed mekoo android 7.1.1 with no booting problem. But my TWRP recovery is missing when i try to boot to recovery i get secure booting error. Please is there away i can get back my TWRP and still running android 7.1.1 on my AT&T G2. THANKS
I had the same problem after I used TWRP Manager (non-official, a PITA) to update TWRP. I followed these instructions (https://lg-roms.com/official-firmware/LG G2-LGD802T/V20D/AUSTRALIA) and went back to stock. From there, I tried Auto-rec, ioroot and one worked to root and flash TWRP. After that, I flashed blastagator's latest bumped recovery and then flashed LineageOS 7.1.1 and nano GApps. Now working beautifully.

starbox0

Jul 15, 2017
I have a D800 but am using Ting. For some reason the signal on a stock D801 rom gave me much better signal than a stock D800 rom (I used the lollipop patch). I'm wondering if I can use this to patch an installation of a Nougat D801 rom. Any thoughts?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Easily Switch Between JB/KK/LP Bootloader
    !! d800 ONLY !!
    Make sure you flash the right model!

With the advent of BUMP, we can now use the KK bootloader. A lot of projects preserved the old JB bootloader, since that was needed due to loki. This is the easy way to update your JB bootloader to the new KK bootloader.

Inspired by @dorimanx who did this for the d802. I followed suit and made this for the d800.

What this is:
    As it simply says, it upgrades (or downgrades) the bootloader. This includes several other small partitions, in addition to aboot and sbl1.

Sources:
    10d & 20c - Extracted from TOT file
    20y & 30f - I started with 20d, then did FOTA to 20y and extracted the partitions. Then I did FOTA to 30f and again extracted the partitions.

What this is NOT:
    This does not touch your boot, recovery, or modem/radio partitions. You must make sure those are compatible BEFORE flashing this.

WARNING: You can easily brick your phone if you mess this up! This is for d800 ONLY!!! Also, you must have BUMPed boot and recovery images already on your phone to use KK bootloader or you will get fastboot error (or it just won't boot). JB supports BUMP images and LOKI images. KK only supports BUMP.

Lollipop Information:
    Special LOLLIPOP WARNING: At this time, the Lollipop BL is not exploitable. Therefore, if you flash Stock LP BL, you will probably brick, or at a minimum, you will lose access to recovery.
    To use a BUMPED lollipop ROM, you should install the Lollipop Bump bootstack on my site. It is all of the 30f Lollipop partitions, with a 20y aboot (so bump will work).

Download:
    Did you read the warning above? If not, DO NOT DOWNLOAD.
    Did you read it twice? If not, DO NOT DOWNLOAD.
    Do you understand everything it says? If not, DO NOT DOWNLOAD.
    Do you know how to recover if you mess your phone up? If not, DO NOT DOWNLOAD.

I do not want any posts saying "HALP I MESSED THIS UP."

Which bootloader am I currently on?
    The only sure way to know is to flash one, or know which one you flashed last.
    You can get an idea of your bl when you use the button combo to enter recovery (VolDwn+Pwr, release and repress when LG logo comes up, hold until menu comes up) the screen looks different. On JB the phone asks you to repeatedly press power for factory reset. On KK the phone has you use the volume rocker to pick different menu options.

Download:
    https://www.gregtwallace.com/lg-g2/d800_d801-bootloaders/

Again, thanks to @dorimanx.

Shameless plug for donations: :)
    Venmo Preferred (No Fee)

Zelle, send to [email protected]

Backup (Charges Fee)
    Paypal
    Update 2015.07.29
    -Version 1.1 does NOT flash misc partition.
    +Misc contains things like MAC addresses and doesn't need to be flashed.

Update 2015.05.12
    I have added the 20y KK bootloader, which appears to be different than the originally posted 20c. Both are now posted.

Additionally, I added the LP 30f bootloader. WARNING: This bootloader is not (yet?) exploitable! Flashing it will likely brick your device, or at the very least it will break your recovery. You have been warned!
    It looks good but i have couple of questions. I recently flashed back to d80020c tot, took ota to d80020y and rooted using stump, all is well, my questions.

1. As iam already rooted and have root explorer, can i simply copy paste recovery.img to sdcc.1/by-name and a set permissions?
    2. If i am already on kk then what is the need for this bootloader to be flashed again?

Just trying to understand the processes.. Thank you

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes you can use root explorer but you also need other things, so dont copy recovery.img with root explorer
    If you want to flash a custom recovery, use AutoRec!!! because you can't just copy the recovery.img.. you also need to flash the JB bootloader and a patched kernel to can boot again in your stock rom...all this things are done automatically by AutoRec! so using AutoRec its the easiest method :D
    And don't use KK bootloader if you dont know what you are doing... you can use all ROMs on JB bootloader, so keep using the JB bootloader :D

EDIT:
    To better understand how things works:
    1) Our bootloader is locked. But we can use 2 methods to bypass the bootloader: loki and BUMP (those 2 methods are a little different, but im not going to talk about them righ now..its not very important)
    2) Loki method works only on JB bootloader, BUMP works on JB and KK
    3) Almost all kernels works only on JB bootloader(because they use loki patch). So if you want to flash other ROMs you need to have JB bootoader. And about recovery for example the blastagator's recovery its BUMPed and it will work on JB and KK bootloader
    NOTE: If a kernel its BUMPed this not means that it is compatible on both bootloaders(jb/kk) for example the Render's LP kernel its designed only for JB bootloader!.. but the Dorimanx kernel will work on both bootloaders
    4) from 3 and 4 you can understand that: all things(kernels, custom recovery menus) works on JB bootloader and just some of them works on KK bootloader.. so JB bootloader is essential if you want to flash other ROMs that are not based on stock firmware

So yeah..you can copy the blastagator's BUMPed TWRP with root explorer and it will work!..but you dont have the JB bootloader so if you want to flash another ROM you will brick your device!(because all ROMs uses loki patch..but loki works only on JB bootloader and if you have KK bootloader then you will brick your device)
    If you want to stay only on stock, then you can just copy the blastagator's BUMPed TWRP :D..
    Reserved2

Reserved2
    If you want to add it to op ls980 kk bootloader (zve)