bootloader lock

Search This thread
Sep 11, 2016
When entering the fastboot oem unlock command to unlock the bootloader of my Oneplus 7pro device, the following message appears on the terminal screen:

FAILED remote: device cannot be unlocked for technical reason

I need help to unlock the bootloader, please!!! 🙏🏽

I've searched for information about that error but nowhere can I find the solution

Reactions: wfly

goginator

Sep 25, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S7
IF yes go to settings/device/about and TAP build number until it says developer mode activated and you should be able To do it from there

IF you have done it did it work?

Sep 11, 2016
IMG-20220925-WA0004.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20220925-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220925-WA0002.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 371
Sep 11, 2016
Have you run the command line as administrator? What appears when you type "adb devices"? I don't understand how you can have a different imei number?

Have you run the command line as administrator? What appears when you type "adb devices"? I don't understand how you can have a different imei number?
There is no problem when I run adb commands, the problem is when I run fastboot oem unlock command and this message appears

Sep 11, 2016
TI have another IMEI because my device was not approved in my country Colombia and I had to change the IMEI so that they would not block my device

ajaleel1143

Jul 13, 2011
I am facing the same issue, yet I haven't changed the IMEI(as said in the thread, that it could be a reason for it)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am facing the same issue too... I think the issue is with the OxygenOS 12.1 Build...
    Only solution to this is downgrading to OOS11, it's working in 11. I don't understand why Oppo will discourage installing Custom ROM on a device that's obselete and of least priority to them. Never buying a OnePlus again. No flashing tool like Mi, no signed drivers, it was too much a waste of time to search these things by myself.
    Finally i tried with Android 11, and it worked, and after i upgraded to android 12.
    I am facing the same issue too... I think the issue is with the OxygenOS 12.1 Build...
    Same here. I updated to oyxgen updater and now I cant unlock bootloader.

Update:

Followed MSM tool and reverted back to Android 11 which allowed me to unlock bootloader.
    When entering the fastboot oem unlock command to unlock the bootloader of my Oneplus 7pro device, the following message appears on the terminal screen:

FAILED remote: device cannot be unlocked for technical reason

I need help to unlock the bootloader, please!!! 🙏🏽

I've searched for information about that error but nowhere can I find the solution
    Only solution to this is downgrading to OOS11, it's working in 11. I don't understand why Oppo will discourage installing Custom ROM on a device that's obselete and of least priority to them. Never buying a OnePlus again. No flashing tool like Mi, no signed drivers, it was too much a waste of time to search these things by myself.