• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[BOOTLOADER] LPF (finally ICS version)

Search This thread

maxicet

Sep 6, 2009
Word of caution........ No one has proven that this or any other method.. is without risk...... The Risk of Bricking is still too High..... please consider that before flashing something to see if it really works..

The Moderator

Hi guys....

finally Sammy gave us a real ICS bootloader, and a new kernel (LPF), I managed to flash it to my Note and all went fine....

I'm nearly sure that THIS IS THE KEY, no more BRICK, no more deep sleep problems, no more "failed to restore" nandroid....just flash THIS with ODIN 1.87, run "download mode" on your Note, open Odin, select "bootloader" and flash it....then flash CF LPF kernel with mobile Odin

I'm preparing TMT1.3 to check if I'm right...:cool:

first successfully nandroid restore (combined with LPF CF kernel) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=26245707&postcount=190

and TMT1.3 beta testing

Last edited by a moderator:

vuidoi

Oct 23, 2010
Friedrichsdorf
Hi guys....

finally Sammy gave us a real ICS bootloader, I managed to flash it to my Note and all went fine....

I'm nearly sure that THIS IS THE KEY, no more BRICK, no more deep sleep problems, no more "failed to restore" nandroid....just flashed THIS with ODIN 1.87, just run "download mode" on your Note, open Odin, select "bootloader" and flash it....

May i flash new bootload with mobiOdin?

Reactions: Hoffighter

erichbitch

Sep 16, 2010
Germany (NRW)
i rly rly rly rly hope this will solve the brick risks,
i feel so naked without knowing i can trust my CWM in flashing, restoring and wiping ;)

musashiro

Jul 1, 2011
Tarlac
million dollar question:

does the bootloader solve the brick phenomena? waiting for elite developers to dig and give their observations...

has anyone tweeted CF? :D

edit: okay i tweeted him myself.. just in case..:)

Last edited:

captainhakan

Oct 24, 2008
Somebody posted in another thread that Chainfire has got his Note bricked because of LP6 kernel so he can't test if bootloader is fixed and free of hardbrick

cs_allu

Jan 1, 2012
Jyväskylä
Would someone tell me if I can flash this via mobile odin? and what is the exact process that I have to do with both PC and mobile odin? I appreciate if someone can tell me and maybe others would need these instructions :) I'm currently running rooted stock GB LC1.

Thanks in advance :)

djtiny

Sep 27, 2009
Teesside
I'm looking for that guy I've read a few days ago here on the forum, which has a "business" GNote and had no problems even if he brick it...;)

The ULTIMATE test will be to restore a nandroid backup..:D

Hi Maxicet,

What would you require someone to try would it be flashing the new bootloader and then try restoring a nanadroid backup. Would this be a nandroid of gingerbread or ICS LPY rom. I would have a go at it for you. Im at work at the mo but let me know what you want me to test and I will do it. I can get my note replaced no problem. :D

EdgaBimbam

Nov 26, 2011
Vilnius
www.google.lt
Hi Maxicet,

What would you require someone to try would it be flashing the new bootloader and then try restoring a nanadroid backup. Would this be a nandroid of gingerbread or ICS LPY rom. I would have a go at it for you. Im at work at the mo but let me know what you want me to test and I will do it. I can get my note replaced no problem. :D

bless you :) if maxicet wont mention, please also test wiping data at cwm recovery because plenty got problems while wiping data at cwm recovery with lpy.

maxicet

Sep 6, 2009
Hi Maxicet,

ok, best test is : starting from a LPY ICS rom with CF root LPY kernel, flash OP bootloader with ODIN PC (I did it with 1.87 version)

Try to do a nandroid backup (with CWM recovery) and after reboot, try to restore it.

Second test will be to restore a GB nandroid backup....;)

Reactions: Guendaline

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Word of caution........ No one has proven that this or any other method.. is without risk...... The Risk of Bricking is still too High..... please consider that before flashing something to see if it really works..

The Moderator

Hi guys....

finally Sammy gave us a real ICS bootloader, and a new kernel (LPF), I managed to flash it to my Note and all went fine....

I'm nearly sure that THIS IS THE KEY, no more BRICK, no more deep sleep problems, no more "failed to restore" nandroid....just flash THIS with ODIN 1.87, run "download mode" on your Note, open Odin, select "bootloader" and flash it....then flash CF LPF kernel with mobile Odin

first successfully nandroid restore (combined with LPF CF kernel) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=26245707&postcount=190

and TMT1.3 beta testing
    Just a thought....

Since the letter "Y" is much higher than "F" is this leak really newer than thegerman LPY?

Or is it Samsung naming related?

Previously, Samsung's build codes were:
    First two letters = region
    Third letter = year (K=2011, L=2012)
    Fourth letter = month of year
    Fifth number (or letter if you go above 9) = build number of month for that region

Sammy replaced the month code with "P" for ICS on nearly all devices (except for SGH-I777 and devices like the E4GT which never used the AABCn build code system to begin with), so it is now:
    Region, year, P, build number (or letter above 9) for that region.

Each region is independent.

That is, for example, how XWLP7 for I9100 is newer than XXLPQ. Most of Samsung's I9100 leaks were XX region, driving the XX codes WAY up. Samsung didn't do any XW builds until the XX region was close to release, so the XW region started low.

It seems like Samsung might be pulling build codes for N7000 out of the same sequence as I9100, instead of starting fresh for N7000.

This is also why I constantly tell people who leave out the region code when talking about a firmware revision to stop doing so. It leads to MASSIVE confusion.
    Hi guys....

finally Sammy gave us a real ICS bootloader, I managed to flash it to my Note and all went fine....

I'm nearly sure that THIS IS THE KEY, no more BRICK, no more deep sleep problems, no more "failed to restore" nandroid....just flash THIS with ODIN 1.87, run "download mode" on your Note, open Odin, select "bootloader" and flash it....

MIRROR

A bootloader isn't a magical fix to a kernel erasing EMMC partitions. Just FYI.
    hmmm im not developer or programmer, but can you comment my wonderings?:

i found some description about bootloader (yeh i know that you know, but i didnt :) )
    In literal terms, bootloader is code that is executed before any Operating System starts to run. The concept of bootloaders is universal to virtually all Operating systems that inculcates operating systems on your PC, laptop, smartphones, and other such devices. Bootloaders basically package the instructions to boot operating system kernel and most of them also have their own debugging or modification environment. As the bootloader kicks off before any piece of software on your device, it makes it extremely processor specific and every motherboard has it’s own bootloader.

So maybe the brick issue was because of GB bootloader with ICS firmware? :)
    It's very rare for bootloaders to matter with regards to Android version.

So far, on Exynos devices, Gingerbread bootloaders have been fully compatible with ICS. My I777 is still running its original factory bootloader, so is my Note.

The only thing I9100 users get from updating bootloaders is loss of the ability to use a jig to reset their flash counter. On I9100, newer bootloaders are clearly worse.

The only time bootloaders has made a significant compatibility difference was in the transition from Froyo to Gingerbread on Hummingbird-based devices. In that case, the way the bootloader initialized the graphics hardware was incompatible with Gingerbread kernels, leading to the infamous "rainbows" on boot.

Nearly all of the time, if there's a bootloader incompatibility with Samsung devices, it'll cause graphics related problems.

Guys its a bootloader!
    It´s totally different from the OS / ROM. So it´s totally safe to flash.
    It will 100% do no harm to any ICS related ROM installed.
    But it possibly could bring problems when trying to go back to a GB Rom, which I highly doubt.
    Ultimately it´s the newest bootloader there is.

Flashed it...works! Even got 300 points on Antutu than before which might/surely has other reasons.

I´d advice to flash this bootloader. But with an eye for wussys :D someone may post the old bootloader for possible rollback.
    No, it is NOT totally safe to flash. Prior to the Superbrick fiasco, dicking around with bootloaders was the ONLY way to hardbrick a device. Messing with bootloaders is (with the exception of recent buggy kernels) the most dangerous thing you can ever do to your device.

It's just an bootloader, it has nothing to do with GB or ICS. There is no way related to any kernel issues or performance problems. Once the OS start loading it has no more relevance. If your phone started the booting process than the bootloader is good (there is no such thing as better or worse bl). But the bootloader could be an locked one, prevent the flash of ROMs without proper keys (asus, htc, motorola devices), fortuantly this is not the case.
    Yup. As stated previously, the only time a bootloader compatibility has ever actually caused problems in the past, it was due to graphics initialization changes. I have NEVER seen any indication of any other sort of bootloader incompatibility other than graphics issues. (which includes not booting at all in some cases.)
    Can anyone please mirror the link from google docs?

Mirrors:

Bootloader

Odin