• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Bootloader] Maguro-primekl01

Search This thread

Gingernut78

Sep 17, 2011
bootloader-maguro-primekl01

If anybody's interested here's the PRIMEKL01 bootloader, latest version.

It's the same LTE/CDMA leaked version that's floating around, nothing changed as both devices share the same bootloader, as far as I can tell.

It's recommended by Google for those who are on 4.0.3 roms with same XXKK06 radio. I've flashed it running Mike's ARHD 2.1.2 and even though it's not a 4.0.3 rom it's working perfectly.

Inside the zip I've included fastboot for Windows for easy flashing.

Put your phone into fastboot mode and execute the fastboot-windows.bat file.

If you have any problems with it just flash back to the previous version.

Source : http://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html
Galaxy Nexus (GSM/HSPA+):
Android Version Preferred Bootloader Preferred Radio Also possible
4.0.1 (ITL41D) PRIMEKJ10 I9250XXKK1
4.0.2 (ICL53F) PRIMEKK15 I9250XXKK6 All previous versions
4.0.3 (IML74K) PRIMEKL01 I9250XXKK6 All previous versions
Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE):
Android Version Preferred Bootloader Preferred Radio Preferred CDMA Radio Also possible
4.0.1 (ITL41D) PRIMEKJ10 I515.EK02 I515.EK01
4.0.2 (ICL53F) PRIMEKK15 I515.EK02 I515.EK05 All previous versions
4.0.3 (IML74K) PRIMEKL01 I515.EK04 I515.EK06 All previous versions

Attachments

• bootloader-maguro-primekl01_fastboot_flash.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,651
Last edited by a moderator:

marc.tulley

Jul 16, 2010
London
Any actual improvement? Just wondering why its worth flashing....boot loader isn't something I have knowingly flashed before so can't understand what it controls that would yield a noticeable benifit. Any help clarifying this would be appreciated! Thanks

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
Wait so this bootloader is for LTE/CDMA devices then?

As stated in the OP both versions use same boot loader and I just used it on my GSM gnex and all is good and working.

Thanks gingernut for making this nice and noob friendly, hope you can keep this thread updated with all latest boot loaders as and when they come out with a 1 click flash like yours :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
So is there any word on what bootloader is recommended for UGKL1 radios ?

Should be all good as GSM and LTE use same boot loader, this being most recent and UGKL1 is a new(ish) radio.

I'm on XXKK06 radio (UK gsm) with Android revolution 2.1.3 with james bond 1.35 ghz kernal and all good here.

Last edited:

lonnyrs

Jan 10, 2011
Would someone mind giving a little more detailed instruction on how to do this? Sorry, but I'm just not that familiar with fastboot. Besides, I'm sure I'm asking something a lot of folks are afraid to ask.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Thracks

May 9, 2010
Austin
It's very easy.

1. Put the phone in fastboot mode: pull battery, then reinsert it and press vol up+vol down+power. The phone will boot with a green Android and some white text in the lower left. This is fastboot.

2. Plug in your phone to the PC, and install fastboot drivers if necessary.

3. Run the .bat file in the zip in the OP.

Reactions: mikkel-ol

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
What's the advantage in this bootloader
Compared to others ? Anyone notice any improvements?

I can't say I have really noticed any differences really, the biotloader runs deep deep with in the the phone so at OS level you won't really notice anything.

The main reason for updating it is because its recommended by Google to use with these newer radios

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
The main reason for updating it is because its recommended by Google to use with these newer radios

I'm not going to say that you are making things up, but I would like to see this claim quoted before I take anyone's word for it. Sorry for being a sceptic, but bootloader and radio are two such orthogonally separated concepts that I just don't see the link.

If I am proven wrong (and that does happen :) ), I'll make up for being an asshole by adding a link to this thread in my radio collection thread :p

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
I'm not going to say that you are making things up, but I would like to see this claim quoted before I take anyone's word for it. Sorry for being a sceptic, but bootloader and radio are two such orthogonally separated concepts that I just don't see the link.

If I am proven wrong (and that does happen :) ), I'll make up for being an asshole by adding a link to this thread in my radio collection thread :p

Its all good and no offence taken buddy :cool: I'm just going by what iv read around the forums

PaulW21781

Jan 15, 2006
Manchester

http://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html

Scroll down...

Preferred Bootloader for 4.0.3 = PRIMEKL01
Preferred Radio for 4.0.3 = I9250XXKK6

mongo56

Jan 11, 2010
Slovenia
Please post checksums with images as critical as bootloaders.

edit: md5: 6efef5932379acc87ce9e17e79d21787 bootloader-maguro-primekl01.img

Last edited:

marc.tulley

Jul 16, 2010
London

Scroll down...

I think he was looking for evidence that they are linked somehow? Just best they are recomended for the same android version doesnt mean they are intrinsicly linked.

Hmmm so know one knows why they are flashing this thing? Just need to get your RDA of 'flash' I think lol

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo

Scroll down...

The way I read this is that for a specific version/build of Android a specific bootloader is recommended. That I can totally relate to.

I can also see how a specific radio might be "recommended" for a specific Android-build, as that build might rely on or exploit specific radio-implementation details or optimizations.

What I don't see is any link between how flashing a radio leads to a "recommended bootloader". Sorry for being difficult, but I just don't see it.

I'll consider this flashing OCD until proven otherwise :p

PaulW21781

Jan 15, 2006
Manchester
The way I read this is that for a specific version/build of Android a specific bootloader is recommended. That I can totally relate to.

I can also see how a specific radio might be "recommended" for a specific Android-build, as that build might rely on or exploit specific radio-implementation details or optimizations.

What I don't see is any link between how flashing a radio leads to a "recommended bootloader". Sorry for being difficult, but I just don't see it.

I'll consider this flashing OCD until proven otherwise :p

No I agree, I've never known a specific bootloader to be a requirement for a Radio. Usually it's always the ROM itself requiring different versions due to RIL's and whatever else lies within, hence it usually always relates to the build version instead. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bootloader-maguro-primekl01

If anybody's interested here's the PRIMEKL01 bootloader, latest version.

It's the same LTE/CDMA leaked version that's floating around, nothing changed as both devices share the same bootloader, as far as I can tell.

It's recommended by Google for those who are on 4.0.3 roms with same XXKK06 radio. I've flashed it running Mike's ARHD 2.1.2 and even though it's not a 4.0.3 rom it's working perfectly.

Inside the zip I've included fastboot for Windows for easy flashing.

Put your phone into fastboot mode and execute the fastboot-windows.bat file.

If you have any problems with it just flash back to the previous version.

Source : http://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html
    Android Version Preferred Bootloader Preferred Radio Also possible
    4.0.1 (ITL41D) PRIMEKJ10 I9250XXKK1
    4.0.2 (ICL53F) PRIMEKK15 I9250XXKK6 All previous versions
    4.0.3 (IML74K) PRIMEKL01 I9250XXKK6 All previous versions
    Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE):
    Android Version Preferred Bootloader Preferred Radio Preferred CDMA Radio Also possible
    4.0.1 (ITL41D) PRIMEKJ10 I515.EK02 I515.EK01
    4.0.2 (ICL53F) PRIMEKK15 I515.EK02 I515.EK05 All previous versions
    4.0.3 (IML74K) PRIMEKL01 I515.EK04 I515.EK06 All previous versions
    Dedicated a thread for more exposure :)
    It's very easy.

1. Put the phone in fastboot mode: pull battery, then reinsert it and press vol up+vol down+power. The phone will boot with a green Android and some white text in the lower left. This is fastboot.

2. Plug in your phone to the PC, and install fastboot drivers if necessary.

3. Run the .bat file in the zip in the OP.
    The point is, unlike a newer ROMs or radios, which typically have improvements, newer bootloaders typically have added restrictions. This was the case in the Nexus One days, but eventually HTC forced everyone onto the later bootloader by making it a requirement to run stock Gingerbread.

All nexus devices will not be locked with encrypted bootloaders. Shouldn't ever have to worry about a updated bootloader on Nexus devices that prevent fastboot oem unlock.
    Anyway to flash this using CWM?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24567636