• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bootloader problems

Search This thread

chadandchew

Nov 15, 2019
Ive had my LG G7 for about a year now. I managed to unlock the bootloader without any problems and used magisk ok.

I just came to upgrade the firmware without any problems. I enabled dev and usb debug but the 'Enable oem unlock' button is greyed out and displays "bootloader already unlocked" ok so not a problem - that is until I come to access the bootloader again.
Here is the message:
Welcome to Fastboot mode: Please check "Enable OEM unlock" in developer options
adb commands no longer work at this point as connection is lost. Only choice is manually reboot or switch off.

WTF now what. Im unable to root or restore the bootloader. So even though its unlocked and displays the bootloader unlocked message when booting - Fastboot does not see it and it still wants me to 'Enable oem unlock' but its greyed out.

Any suggestions please anyone

Attachments

• fastboot.jpg
    fastboot.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 20
  • bootloader.jpg
    bootloader.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

nttuan

Jan 26, 2018
You can use QFIL to restore laf_a & laf_b. Then flash full rom (Refurbish) in Download mode.

ps: the reason is you do not flash full rom after unlock bootloader in order to tell to the machine that you are in the illegal mode kakaka.

chadandchew

Nov 15, 2019
Thanks for your reply nttuan. I just about gave up hope. Im totally paranoid without root. No decent firewall, cant freeze garbage etc.
Being relatively unsure, would you mind going over the QFIL method with me.
Thanks

chadandchew

Nov 15, 2019
Thanks for your reply nttuan. I just about gave up hope. Im totally paranoid without root. No decent firewall
Never used QFIL before. Where do I get the firehose elf file from. I noticed a couple of elf files in the extracted folder, is it one of these.
Do I have to create any xml files and do I have to rename any of the kdz extracted files?
Some posts are a bit old and for other models.

nttuan

Jan 26, 2018
Instead of flash the boot_a from magisk_patched image, you can use command

fastboot boot magisk_patched.img

and use the LGUP to reflash the firmware.

chadandchew

Nov 15, 2019
If you look at the photo above I LOSE ALL ADB commands after adb reboot bootloader.
fastboot boot magisk_patched.img or any other command just displays "Waiting For any Device" in CMD window.

This is my problem because the bootloader is already unlocked and oem greyed out - it is asking me to "Enable OEM Unlock"

I am wanting to either root the phone or restore bootloader to locked. Sorry for any confusion

Attachments

• alreadyunlocked.jpg
    alreadyunlocked.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 5
  • greyed.png
    greyed.png
    308.2 KB · Views: 5

nttuan

Jan 26, 2018
type fastboot devices and show me the result.
maybe you do not have correct fastboot driver

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 1

chadandchew

Nov 15, 2019
It did say waiting for any device but now its gone from bad to worse. I followed this guide Here and now all I get is fastboot screen, see photo. If I now try fastboot devices then fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img it shows error which does not look good actually , photo 2. Cant get download mode. If I try to get it by holding volume button and inserting usb lead I get this nasty screen, photo 3. I think that some of the partitions may have been overwitten. . Stupid move on my part.

Forgot to mention - EDL is still accessable

Attachments

• after-qfil.jpg
    after-qfil.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 7
  • smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 7
  • failed.jpg
    failed.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

chadandchew

Nov 15, 2019
Ive managed to sort the above problem
QFIL flashed only the following 6 files :

abl_a and abl_b
laf_a and laf_b
boot_a and boot_b

Phone rebooted perfectly after this.
Thanks for your advice

Reactions: nttuan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive managed to sort the above problem
    QFIL flashed only the following 6 files :

abl_a and abl_b
    laf_a and laf_b
    boot_a and boot_b

Phone rebooted perfectly after this.
    Thanks for your advice