Question Bootloader ROG 5

Search This thread
Dec 27, 2012
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Hello my friends,
i bought the rog 5 in china and it comes with global rom installed, any chance that the bootloader has not been blocked? how can i confirm this when the phone arrives?

If it is blocked and the only chance to unlock has already been used, is there any hope to be able to unlock it in the future?

Compliments

TESxHUNTER

• Apr 14, 2021
    Bangladesh
    Hello my friends,
    i bought the rog 5 in china and it comes with global rom installed, any chance that the bootloader has not been blocked? how can i confirm this when the phone arrives?

If it is blocked and the only chance to unlock has already been used, is there any hope to be able to unlock it in the future?

Compliments
    If your phone is Tencent edition and global rom already installed, and your bootloader Locked . Then you can't unlock it by official mathod . You need to wait until someone drop edl flash mathod.

arun_suresh

Nov 27, 2010
    I had bought the tencent edition - but it came with the WW firmware, so I assumed it was unlocked and then locked. I was also not able to get OTA updates, so that confirmed that the phone was indeed unlocked and then re-locked earlier.

I was able to unlock it again using the ASUS unlock app which I downloaded from here : https://rog.asus.com/us/phones/rog-phone-5-model/helpdesk_download

But then I decided to return the phone, so I wanted to re-locked it again, since whenever I rebooted, a warning message saying "the phone is unlocked and that sensitive information should not be stored on it" used to pop up.

"fastboot flashing lock" did NOT work for me..

but "fastboot oem asus-csc_lk" worked fine... It factory reset and re-locked the phone back.

Reactions: ps000000 and zvrsd
    what is the easiest way when rog arrives to check if the bootloader is locked?
    It's not showing any type of warning massage if the bootloader is unlocked ! And if your bootloader is unlocked then it's showing and warning massage " the phone is unlocked and that sensitive information should not be stored on it " like this. And if your phone is already unlock and relock again then you can check it by fastboot command.

Dec 27, 2012
    ASUS ROG Phone 5
    my experience rooting was as follows:
    I bought the rog phone 5 I005DA in china, in which the store changed the rom CN to WW version WW-18.0830.2101.86 and blocked the bootloader.

When my hands arrived I updated the firmware to WW-18.0840.2103.26 (the last one available).
    I followed all the steps in this post and I was successful with root.

(Attention, extract the boot.img from the firmware that you currently have installed on the phone)

my experience rooting was as follows:
    I bought the rog phone 5 I005DA in china, in which the store changed the rom CN to WW version WW-18.0830.2101.86 and blocked the bootloader.

When my hands arrived I updated the firmware to WW-18.0840.2103.26 (the last one available).
    I followed all the steps in this post and I was successful with root.

(Attention, extract the boot.img from the firmware that you currently have installed on the phone)
    You unlock your bootloader tencent edition with WW ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I had bought the tencent edition - but it came with the WW firmware, so I assumed it was unlocked and then locked. I was also not able to get OTA updates, so that confirmed that the phone was indeed unlocked and then re-locked earlier.

I was able to unlock it again using the ASUS unlock app which I downloaded from here : https://rog.asus.com/us/phones/rog-phone-5-model/helpdesk_download

But then I decided to return the phone, so I wanted to re-locked it again, since whenever I rebooted, a warning message saying "the phone is unlocked and that sensitive information should not be stored on it" used to pop up.

"fastboot flashing lock" did NOT work for me..

but "fastboot oem asus-csc_lk" worked fine... It factory reset and re-locked the phone back.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone