• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Bootloader status

Search This thread

Rico0319

Oct 18, 2019
I set up a cronjob to watch api changes, so when xperia 1 III unlock is available I'll get a notification:

```bash
#!/usr/bin/env bash
set -euo pipefail
IFS=$'\n\t'

x1iii=$(curl -s https://developer.sony.com/api/unlock-bootloader/devices | ag -o -Q 'Xperia-1-III')
if [[ ! -z "$x1iii" ]]; then
osascript -e 'display notification "Xperia 1 III bootloader prolly unlocked"'
fi
```
Do you think SONY will allow unlocking for Xperia 1 iii in the near future? I'm really on the fence deciding whether to get the mark iii or not.

timfeirg

Jun 1, 2021
Do you think SONY will allow unlocking for Xperia 1 iii in the near future? I'm really on the fence deciding whether to get the mark iii or not.
they've release the unlock process for all of the xperia phones (check https://developer.sony.com/develop/...d/unlock-bootloader/how-to-unlock-bootloader/), no reason not to do the same for xperia 1 III, I think we just have to wait for a few weeks.

It took something like 2 months for xperia 5 II to release its unlock code, after its initial release.

a851928337

Jul 27, 2018
Sony Xperia 1 III
Reactions: timfeirg

Hippie459MN

I have to get a new phone for Sprint/T-Mobile and I hope that this can be unlocked and then rooted. I just can't find a phone that I like and so far from what I have seen, this one checks all of my boxes, aside from the price... lol Im seeing a release date of Sept 3rd for here in the US. I want to jump on it but at the same time, I want to wait to make sure I can unlock the bootloader and root it.

Reactions: Radio2006

Radio2006

Jul 10, 2014
Sterling, VA
So I finally got my hands on an Xperia. Purchased the XQ-BC72 off of Newegg from a Taiwanese store or something. Long story short, OEM Unlock option is available upon unboxing. There was an update required, but with a second device I purchased, due to backorders, OEM Unlock was still available after updating. Just thought I would pass that along to anyone that still has this question.

Reactions: jfbaudio and B

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I finally got my hands on an Xperia. Purchased the XQ-BC72 off of Newegg from a Taiwanese store or something. Long story short, OEM Unlock option is available upon unboxing. There was an update required, but with a second device I purchased, due to backorders, OEM Unlock was still available after updating. Just thought I would pass that along to anyone that still has this question.
    Anyone know if the US release will have an unlocked bootloader?
    they've release the unlock process for all of the xperia phones (check https://developer.sony.com/develop/...d/unlock-bootloader/how-to-unlock-bootloader/), no reason not to do the same for xperia 1 III, I think we just have to wait for a few weeks.

It took something like 2 months for xperia 5 II to release its unlock code, after its initial release.
    you can use the code of xperia1 or xperia 1 ii
    you can use the code of xperia1 or xperia 1 ii
    silly me, I tried this on the first day, but failed because I didn't enable "allow oem unlock".

I've confirmed xperia 1 III bootloader can be unlocked using xperia 1 II unlock code.
    Why would be US version non-unlockable, while others are? We need someone to test when US model is released if 1 II code works on it