• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bootloader Unlock Allowed "No" to "Yes" is now finally possible.

Search This thread

braveheartleo

Jun 18, 2018

@MrCooper95 Access to my SIM card was successfully unlocked on my Xperia XZ2 Compact SO-05K.​

Bootloader too. Thanks NUGSM.
But, Mobile Data is not accessible, why?
Is it because the Firmware is "NTT DoCoMo JP" Android 10?
This was a bad surprise for me ...
How can I access Mobile Data?
Mobile Data is accessible on other phones with the same SIM card.
Why is the data not accessible on my Xperia XZ2 Compact SO-05K (NTT DoCoMo JP, Android 10)?
Access Point Names (APN) aren't automatically populated on Japanese carrier phones for non-Japanese network SIMs, at least when running the carrier phone's stock ROM. To use mobile data, you need to manually create APN entries under Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Access point names. Consult with your network operator on the values to use for the APN parameters.

Last edited:

bolodia

Aug 5, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-05 230338.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-05 230338.png
    207.8 KB · Views: 192

alemaoao

Dec 14, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Bootloader Unlock Allowed No to Yes is now finally possible

Discovered by MrCooper95

QUICK STORY OF HOW IT HAPPENED

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

DISCLAIMER

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Thread Created ( 01 February 2020 )

Updated Thread ( 26 March 2021 )
If i use this way to unlock bootloader and after this I flash one stock ROM using FLASHTOOL there is a risk or chance to return Bootloader Unlock Status = NO ?
Do you know some operations or options that we have to take care after this in flashtool?

NekoOtoko

Jan 1, 2013
Hi all! I can supply the credits for that tool for anyone interested.
The standard turnaround time was 15min since confirmed payment, while recently they take 1-2 working days, hopefully going back to 'instant' soon.
PM for details.

sinommo

Nov 9, 2018
After unlocked sim by qunlocktool , i still can not unlock bootloader , checked on services info i got unlock bootloader allowed : yes
My phone is XZ2 AU (SOV37)

2.jpg

sinommo

Nov 9, 2018
Another question :) I have unlocked sim by qunlocktool for my XZ2 docomo (SO-03K) , unlocked bootloader done too , but i still can't flash global rom , what i need to do bro ? :(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 26

alemaoao

Dec 14, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Unlock sucessfull and easy on SO-02H.
I have a SO-02H (variant of E5823) from NTT Docomo originally sim unlocked but with bootloader unlock not allowed, as prints attached.
I bought code for qUnlockTool on martview (https://www.martview.com/sony-unloc...time-24-hours-server-service--sku-imu-75.html). For me was cheaper site. Some hours after I received on e-mail and did the procedure using 11.06.2021 version. Follow log:

Waiting for your command...
SERVER CREDITS LEFT/USED: 1/0
Elapsed: 2 secs.
PLEASE ATTACH TURNED OFF PHONE NOW
PRESS AND HOLD "BACK" OR "VOLUME DOWN" BUTTON ...

RUNNING S1_BOOT VER "S1_Boot_MSM8994_LA1.2.2_42C"

ACTIVE_COMP_AID : 0004
HWCONF_AID : 0004
LOADER_AID : 0004
BOOT_AID : 0004

[ llcomm: 00400000,00080000 ]
DEVICE ID: 01F89310
FLASH ID: "0011/01000000"
LOADER VERSION: MSM8994_50

PHONE IMEI:
Checking for signature ...
Waiting for calculation process ...
RESPONSE: "SUCCESS" [1630]
UNLOCK DONE
Elapsed: 41 secs.

After this, I did unlock procedure using fastboot commands (fastboot oem unlock) and was sucessfull

The only difficult was install magisk or supersu on stock ROM, but I will try after...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-11-16-28-37_pub.png
    Screenshot_2021-07-11-16-28-37_pub.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 38

alemaoao

Dec 14, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
If i use this way to unlock bootloader and after this I flash one stock ROM using FLASHTOOL there is a risk or chance to return Bootloader Unlock Status = NO ?
Do you know some operations or options that we have to take care after this in flashtool?
After used qUnlocktool, I re-flashed original stock ROM from NTT Docomo (SO-02H_32.1.F.1.98_1299-7123_R22C.ftf) and there was no problem, bootloader remains unlocked.

seyrarms

Dec 25, 2018
Denpasar
How about this can be fix this? Sony Xperia XZ1 SOV36. Actually a long time ago I have too Sony Xperia XZ SOV32 but after use this tools my sim card not detected just can be use wifi. And idk how to create backup file from this tools. Can you teach me? I won't my XZ1 like my XZ again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-210006.png
    Screenshot_20210925-210006.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 30

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my XZ2 docomo (SO-03K) , unlocked bootloader done too , but i still can't flash global rom , what i need to do bro ? :(
    docomo cant convert direct to Global but You can flash custom rom via TWRP or Fastboot if Bootloader Unlocked
    Bootloader Unlock Allowed No to Yes is now finally possible

Discovered by MrCooper95

QUICK STORY OF HOW IT HAPPENED
    For years, members of Xperia users thought that if you had a SIM locked Xperia phone, you would never able to unlock the bootloader even after you get it SIM unlocked, the Bootloader Unlocked Allowed will still remain "No".
    You would have to buy a factory SIM unlocked phone instead.

For a good price, I've bought a used SIM locked Xperia 1 that has been hardlocked ( 0 unlock attempts left )

The previous owner tried to get it SIM unlocked, but the codes he used were incorrect and went over the unlock attempt limit, causing a SIM hard lock. He did not mention this when he put it up for sale.

Anyway, I looked around the internet and the found a program called QUnlock. ( S1 Network Unlock Tool )

The S1 Network Unlock Tool is free to download but you have to pay credit in order to work. About £20 ( you pay via mobile phone repair shop websites ) and then they will email you a username and password for you to connect to the S1 server in the unlock tool.

So I connected the Xperia 1 via flash mode in S1 Network Unlock Tool and it worked. My phone is now SIM unlocked after being hardlocked.
    After booting up the phone. I went into service menu to ensure that it is free from SIM hardlock, the tool worked successfully.
    but I also checked the bootloader status and it changed to "Yes".

I was suprised and amazed at the same time after all these years, we were told that changing the bootloader status No to Yes is impossible, even people told us that a permanent hard locked Xperia phone can never be reset.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q. What is the S1 Unlock Tool and what does it exactly do?

The S1 Network Unlock Tool is used by professional mobile phone repair shops and it has been around for a long time. This tool is created and only works for Xperia phones.

It is also available to be downloaded for anyone who can do it themselves at home with just a USB Cable.

This tool is used primarily to reverse a Xperia phone with a permanent SIM hard lock ( 0 unlock attempts left ) and changes it SIM unlocked.
    It can be used as a normal SIM unlocking service.
    However nobody really knew, that this tool can also change your bootloader status from "No" to "Yes".

Q. Can I use this tool to change my bootloader from No to Yes if my SIM is already unlocked?

So far yes, some members of Xperia users has reported back to confirm that it works.

Q. Why are some Xperia phones not allowed to have its bootloader unlocked?

Because it is originally made SIM locked to a Network Provider/Carrier. ( Factory SIM lock )
    Network Providers/Carriers restricts you unlocking your bootloader due to warranty and safety reasons.

Q. Does this tool directly unlock the bootloader?

The tool does not directly unlock the bootloader, it just allows you to get the bootloader unlocked.

You would still need to follow Sony's official procedure of unlocking your bootloader.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    You should always back up your Trim Area Partition (TA.img) if your Sony phone has a backup exploit.

After you have unlocked the phone using the tool, a sign file ( backup ) is created in the tool folder.
    Don't delete it, keep it incase anything goes wrong. ( See warning below )

WARNING
    There are reports from some users encountering a no SIM card service / detection after they have used the tool. It is evidently related ( so far ) with some of the Japanese Xperia models.

Japanese SO Xperia models ( Docomo / SoftBank ) reportedly seems to work fine.

Japanese SOV Xperia models ( KDDI ) might occur the no SIM card service / detection after using the tool.

If this happens, restore the backup and get your refund or try flashing a custom ROM or another firmware ( only if it's safe to do so for Japanese Xperia models )

DISCLAIMER

I will not be responsible for any actions that you make. I am informing you that the S1 Network Unlock Tool can have consequences as it is not fully documented yet.

Please reply back with your Xperia and its model number if you have successfully unlocked your bootloader.

I will keep the thread updated, best of luck.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

S1 Network Unlock Tool

Works on all Sony Xperia Models manufactured after 30/06/2014.

( Updated Support for Xperia 1 II, Xperia 10 II and Xperia L4 )

Trusted website to buy credits

There are many websites that you can buy credits from, however some might be a scam or unreliable. This is the one that I've used and its trusted.

Please do not ask NUGSM questions anything related to Xperia bootloader unlocking, as they do not know much about it. They just provide the credentials and the tool.

Thread Created ( 01 February 2020 )

Updated Thread ( 26 March 2021 )
    Hello. My phone is 802SO and it was SIM unlocked but bootloader locked (set to NO) I used the website provided here in this thread and as result it is now switched to YES. Thanks a lot!
    Hello. My phone is 802SO and it was unlocked but bootloader locked (set to NO) I used the website provided here in this thread and as result it is now switched to YES. Thanks a lot!

Great news and glad to help you out, I wasn't so sure if this tool will only work on a SIM locked phone to unlock the bootloader. But you confirmed that it works in SIM unlocked state, so that's some good news.
    Xperia Z5 bootloader status no to yes

I have got a new Xperia Z5 SOV32 a few month ago. It was SIM unlocked but bootloader status was "no". Finding this thread I have bought qunlock tool from nugsm site, Then tried it to make bootloader status no to yes. After successful work done I have checked bootloader status converted to "Yes". Now I am using Lineage OS on my Xpeia Z5. Totally amazing.......:p