• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Bootloader Unlock Allowed "No" to "Yes" is now finally possible.

Search This thread

IMadeArya

Jan 13, 2016
I plan to unlock bootloader my Sony XZ2 AU (SOV37) use the app and buy credits as described here. Is there any advice or suggestions before I unlock the bootloader so that the network signal/SIM is not error?

After unlocking the bootloader is successful and the SIM is not problematic, I will flash it to AOSP/SODP/another Custom ROM. Thank you.

cuynu

Aug 3, 2021
Xperia XZ2
Nothing another way to unlock bootloader on xperia locked without the s1 unlock tool? this tool is possible but the price close to the price of the phone

eranda84

Dec 4, 2011
Colombo
Thanks for the information shared. Just want to know will this works with Sony Xperia 1 AU (Japan AU)? This is sim unlocked. Needs to BL "No to Yes"

Z0rnica

Nov 4, 2021
So I wanted to put LineageOS on this ZX2 compact I bought for cheap yesterday, sadly it's locked as expected (NTT Docomo). Bought a credit from the shop linked in the original post (networkunlocking.com) and quickly got the "Your recent order on Network Unlocking has been completed." email - yet when I log into their site it still says credits: 0. When I try logging into the unlock tool, it gives me an "unspecified server error [0x2746].
should I give it more time? aka does it take a while before the credit shows up despite having gotten the confirmation email yesterday evening?
and once the credit shows up... would that also fix the server error I am getting?
(I am running the program in a virutal machine atm)

edit: just for clarification: is the login data for their site and the tool the same or different?

edit2: sorry, I am an idiot -_-
the mentioned email sent me the login data, I just didn't pay attention and thought the random letters were their internal product key or something
successfully got the no to yes result and unlocked the bootloader
(SO-05K)

Last edited:

alemaoao

Dec 14, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Hello
Was it possible to back up the TA partition before unlocking the boot loader?
Well. In fact, I bought unlock bootloader by cable service on box and I never need it because unlock was sucessfull. But, I observed that the tool did some files of backup on the folder. As you can see in explorer print above:

1637956890696.png

So, i left this files very protected and saved (some copies) in case I need in the future.

norabitox

Dec 13, 2020
Hello alemaoao

thank you for your answer.
I'm going to unlock it and flash LineageOS.
But I'm a little worried about the features of the camera.

I had two E5823 terminals (LineageOS and AospExtended),
My LineageOS device is broken.
Therefore, I thought I would try it on a SO-02H terminal this time.
If you cannot back up the TA area with TA Backup v2 before unlocking the boot loader, you will not be able to restore the DRM keys.
(Maybe it affects the camera function)
However, the initial firmware versions of the E5823 and SO-02H are not the same.

What I wanted to know was if TA Backup v2 would work with the SO-02H's initial firmware.
Also, is it possible to install a custom ROM?

I'm sorry for the strange English.
Best Regards.

Last edited:

Z0rnica

Nov 4, 2021
is the SO-02H a japanese device? because in that case you might have a hard time flashing LineageOS, just a heads up

chrisrg

Oct 25, 2020
This worked to unlock network on xz2c H8314 and the bonus of allowing bootloader unlock allowed changed from no to yes.

Then unlocked the bootloader in the usual way with fastboot and a code from sony.

Afterwards I was unable to boot twrp with fastboot boot or fastboot flash boot but was successful with LOS4mg recovery and sideloading the OS. It's only been a day but alternative sim making calls ok, wifi calling works too.

Hardest part was getting the qunlock tool to run on windows 10, but that's because I don't know what I'm doing there! Not going to say how long that took.:rolleyes:

alemaoao

Dec 14, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Hello alemaoao

thank you for your answer.
I'm going to unlock it and flash LineageOS.
But I'm a little worried about the features of the camera.

I had two E5823 terminals (LineageOS and AospExtended),
My LineageOS device is broken.
Therefore, I thought I would try it on a SO-02H terminal this time.
If you cannot back up the TA area with TA Backup v2 before unlocking the boot loader, you will not be able to restore the DRM keys.
(Maybe it affects the camera function)
However, the initial firmware versions of the E5823 and SO-02H are not the same.

What I wanted to know was if TA Backup v2 would work with the SO-02H's initial firmware.
Also, is it possible to install a custom ROM?

I'm sorry for the strange English.
Best Regards.
I think that SO-02H and and E5823 has some difference, i tried, but no sucess in load some custom ROM om my SO-02. It freezes on bootloop of the ROM. I intend to try more in the future, actually, i am using it with stock rom that is from docomo with Marshmallow and is rooted only. When you change your rom on SO-02H you can post here the name and version to help us if sucessfull. About the TA backup you you can be sure that the tool qunlock does this very well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What type of backup do we use when clicking write backup? The Trim Area backup or the backup of the stock rom itself?
    It's actually written in the first post. See the Important Information section.

After you have unlocked the phone using the tool, a sign file ( backup ) is created in the tool folder.
    Don't delete it, keep it incase anything goes wrong. ( See warning below )
    im still waiting on a credit to test it. been ~30 hours since i paid for it.
    Got mine after 3 x 24hrs

They'll add a note about credentials to your order
    yes, its a different username+password, will be sent later (it says so on the token website). however, even using a complete wrong un/pw my phone doesnt print anything like that message.

btw, i am still waiting ~7 days later and getting nervous, most people say it took 1-3 days.
    yes, its a different username+password, will be sent later (it says so on the token website). however, even using a complete wrong un/pw my phone doesnt print anything like that message.

btw, i am still waiting ~7 days later and getting nervous, most people say it took 1-3 days.
    7 days! wow you are a really patient person! Guess that's what happens when they have the monopoly though....hope you'll get it soon!
    I purchased a Sony X Compact on eBay. It's SIM unlocked but the rooting status says "No" for bootloader unlock. So I download this software, buy a credit and hit "SIM unlock" and there's a good chance it will change the rooting status to "Yes"? Is that correct? Just checking before I spend even more money! Also if it doesn't change the bootloader status do I get a refund? Thanks!
    that is Correct™®©. good luck!
    Bootloader Unlock Allowed No to Yes is now finally possible

Discovered by MrCooper95

QUICK STORY OF HOW IT HAPPENED
    For years, members of Xperia users thought that if you had a SIM locked Xperia phone, you would never able to unlock the bootloader even after you get it SIM unlocked, the Bootloader Unlocked Allowed will still remain "No".
    You would have to buy a factory SIM unlocked phone instead.

For a good price, I've bought a used SIM locked Xperia 1 that has been hardlocked ( 0 unlock attempts left )

The previous owner tried to get it SIM unlocked, but the codes he used were incorrect and went over the unlock attempt limit, causing a SIM hard lock. He did not mention this when he put it up for sale.

Anyway, I looked around the internet and the found a program called QUnlock. ( S1 Network Unlock Tool )

The S1 Network Unlock Tool is free to download but you have to pay credit in order to work. About £20 ( you pay via mobile phone repair shop websites ) and then they will email you a username and password for you to connect to the S1 server in the unlock tool.

So I connected the Xperia 1 via flash mode in S1 Network Unlock Tool and it worked. My phone is now SIM unlocked after being hardlocked.
    After booting up the phone. I went into service menu to ensure that it is free from SIM hardlock, the tool worked successfully.
    but I also checked the bootloader status and it changed to "Yes".

I was suprised and amazed at the same time after all these years, we were told that changing the bootloader status No to Yes is impossible, even people told us that a permanent hard locked Xperia phone can never be reset.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q. What is the S1 Unlock Tool and what does it exactly do?

The S1 Network Unlock Tool is used by professional mobile phone repair shops and it has been around for a long time. This tool is created and only works for Xperia phones.

It is also available to be downloaded for anyone who can do it themselves at home with just a USB Cable.

This tool is used primarily to reverse a Xperia phone with a permanent SIM hard lock ( 0 unlock attempts left ) and changes it SIM unlocked.
    It can be used as a normal SIM unlocking service.
    However nobody really knew, that this tool can also change your bootloader status from "No" to "Yes".

Q. Can I use this tool to change my bootloader from No to Yes if my SIM is already unlocked?

So far yes, some members of Xperia users has reported back to confirm that it works.

Q. Why are some Xperia phones not allowed to have its bootloader unlocked?

Because it is originally made SIM locked to a Network Provider/Carrier. ( Factory SIM lock )
    Network Providers/Carriers restricts you unlocking your bootloader due to warranty and safety reasons.

Q. Does this tool directly unlock the bootloader?

The tool does not directly unlock the bootloader, it just allows you to get the bootloader unlocked.

You would still need to follow Sony's official procedure of unlocking your bootloader.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    You should always back up your Trim Area Partition (TA.img) if your Sony phone has a backup exploit.

After you have unlocked the phone using the tool, a sign file ( backup ) is created in the tool folder.

WARNING
    There are reports from some users encountering a no SIM card service / detection after they have used the tool. It is evidently related ( so far ) with some of the Japanese Xperia models.

Japanese SO Xperia model ( Docomo / SoftBank )

Japanese SOV Xperia model ( KDDI )

If this happens, restore the backup and get your refund or try flashing a custom ROM or another firmware ( only if it's safe to do so for Japanese Xperia models )

DISCLAIMER

I will not be responsible for any actions that you make. I am informing you that the S1 Network Unlock Tool can have consequences as it is not fully documented yet.

Please reply back with your Xperia and its model number if you have successfully unlocked your bootloader.

I will keep the thread updated, best of luck.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

S1 Network Unlock Tool

Works on all Sony Xperia Models manufactured after 30/06/2014.

( Updated Support for Xperia 1 III, Xperia 5 III and Xperia 10 III )

https://kash.wetransfer.com/downloads/15785b3d5c450ddb16d681216468cd2120210616150815/acadf7

Trusted website to buy credits

There are many websites that you can buy credits from, however some might be a scam or unreliable. This is the one that I've used and its trusted.

Please do not ask NUGSM questions anything related to Xperia bootloader unlocking, as they do not know much about it. They just provide the credentials and the tool.

Thread Created ( 01 February 2020 )

Updated Thread ( 11 December 2021 )
    What type of backup do we use when clicking write backup? The Trim Area backup or the backup of the stock rom itself?
    It's actually written in the first post. See the Important Information section.

Hello. My phone is 802SO and it was SIM unlocked but bootloader locked (set to NO) I used the website provided here in this thread and as result it is now switched to YES. Thanks a lot!
    may I know which update of LineageOS 18.1 for SOV39 are you using? I followed all the steps to install it but it always failed at applying the update(Error Code 28). I tried a couple of things such as using different ports and USB but to no avail. My thanks in advance.
    los 18.1-20211217-nightly-akatsuki