Bootloader Unlock Allowed "No" to "Yes" is now finally possible.

Search This thread

lal883

Dec 28, 2017
I guess the qUnlockTool got updated. Wasn't able to proceed with the one linked in first post. It returned me the following error:

Code:
*snip*
Checking for signature ...
Waiting for calculation process ...
unspecified server error [0x16]
signature calculation not done,err: 144
UNLOCK FAILED
*snip*

In my search figured that a new version of the tool has been released.
Reference: https://www.imei.us/productsandservices/server
Screen cap of the page:
1617001526067.png

Download link in screen cap: https://we.tl/t-0KJBEr2rEV

From that description, looks like the above error is from using an older release. Tried with the new tool from that download link, still an error though, will try later and revert:

Code:
*snip*
remote dongle not available
UNLOCK FAILED

The interface has got some updates. It now has three unlock buttons SIM unlock, FRP unlock and MLR unlock. I suppose I should be doing the "SIM unlock" hoping that this would be the same as "Unlock" button on the old tool and hope to have the Bootloader unlocked too. If anyone knows, please comment.
1617001965739.png

zskynet09

Mar 10, 2021
I guess the qUnlockTool got updated. Wasn't able to proceed with the one linked in first post. It returned me the following error:

Code:
*snip*
Checking for signature ...
Waiting for calculation process ...
unspecified server error [0x16]
UNLOCK FAILED
*snip*

In my search figured that a new version of the tool has been released.
Reference: https://www.imei.us/productsandservices/server
Screen cap of the page:
View attachment 5262985
Download link in screen cap: https://we.tl/t-0KJBEr2rEV

From that description, looks like the above error is from using an older release. Tried with the new tool from that download link, still an error though, will try later and revert:

Code:
*snip*
remote dongle not available
UNLOCK FAILED

The interface has got some updates. It now has three unlock buttons SIM unlock, FRP unlock and MLR unlock. I suppose I should be doing the "SIM unlock" hoping that this would be the same as "Unlock" button on the old tool and hope to have the Bootloader unlocked too. If anyone knows, please comment.
View attachment 5263015
Sorry, don't know much about the new design & functionality of new updated qUnlocktool. But did you tried the "SIM unlock" button and had the bootloader status changed to yes? I had 1 more xperia device (pending arrival from seller) to unlock it and was hoping for your feedback on the experience of new qUnlocktool.

lal883

Dec 28, 2017
*snip*

will try later and revert:

*snip*

Great stuff, so it worked on Xperia XZ2 Compact! Many thanks to @MrCooper95 for sharing the discovery here.

Continuing my previous comment, the updated qUnlockTool worked for me and it was the "SIM unlock" button that I pressed. Network lock was already removed, but "Bootloader unlock allowed" was marked as "No" when I received this device. After running the qUnlockTool, the Bootloader unlock allowed changed to Yes and further I unlocked the bootloader with the code from Sony's open devices website and following the unlock instructions there.

sa4zet

Apr 20, 2019
Try use Flashtool's fastboot mode method.
I gave more than a week rest to this project, because I didn't have time to do it.
I write my experience if anyone has a similar problem like mine or this guy:

So if I run any fastboot command in fastboot mode mine phone always restarted immediately and the error was
Bash:
FAILED (Write to device failed (Cannot send after transport endpoint shutdown))
fastboot: error: Command failed

In flash mode I always kept:
Bash:
FAILED (remote: 'Command not authenticated')

The solution was I had to use a generic kernel (that allows usb2.0) regardless to I ONLY have usb3 connectors on my laptop.

All fastboot command worked in fastboot mode (blue led).
So finally I have a TWRP on my unlocked XZ Premium.

BIG thanks to everyone to wanted to help me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WELCOME TO S1 UNLOCK TOOL (13.12.2020).

Waiting for your command...
    bad username/password.
    Elapsed: 20 secs.

btw the tool wants to connect this server and port:
    195.91.210.99:1934

and as I understand, this tool is NOT an infinity tool, regardless they provide a download for it...

So where I can buy a valid ceredential for this tool?
    For the infinity tools I just found bulk (100/200) buying options, but I only need 1...
    But that probably not works with this tool...
    Try to search on google "sony xperia cable unlock- 0 counter credits" and you will find a lots of websites selling it, find the website that you trust. Price may vary according to the websites. Many suggested to buy from NUGSM with about £23.94, while I was able to find about just £20 from unlockingshop.co.uk with friendly owner & fast response email, thus easy to communicate regarding my order and the qUnlocktool status. Choice is up to you to find any websites you trusted. Cheers, regards.
    GOT IT!! My Xperia XZ is unlocked! Thanks a buuunch!
    Enjoy, please hit the like on the thread. Cheers.
    Bootloader Unlock Allowed No to Yes is now finally possible

Discovered by MrCooper95

QUICK STORY OF HOW IT HAPPENED
    For years, members of Xperia users thought that if you had a SIM locked Xperia phone, you would never able to unlock the bootloader even after you get it SIM unlocked, the Bootloader Unlocked Allowed will still remain "No".
    You would have to buy a factory SIM unlocked phone instead.

For a good price, I've bought a used SIM locked Xperia 1 that has been hardlocked ( 0 unlock attempts left )

The previous owner tried to get it SIM unlocked, but the codes he used were incorrect and went over the unlock attempt limit, causing a SIM hard lock. He did not mention this when he put it up for sale.

Anyway, I looked around the internet and the found a program called QUnlock. ( S1 Network Unlock Tool )

The S1 Network Unlock Tool is free to download but you have to pay credit in order to work. About £20 ( you pay via mobile phone repair shop websites ) and then they will email you a username and password for you to connect to the S1 server in the unlock tool.

So I connected the Xperia 1 via flash mode in S1 Network Unlock Tool and it worked. My phone is now SIM unlocked after being hardlocked.
    After booting up the phone. I went into service menu to ensure that it is free from SIM hardlock, the tool worked successfully.
    but I also checked the bootloader status and it changed to "Yes".

I was suprised and amazed at the same time after all these years, we were told that changing the bootloader status No to Yes is impossible, even people told us that a permanent hard locked Xperia phone can never be reset.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q. What is the S1 Unlock Tool and what does it exactly do?

The S1 Network Unlock Tool is used by professional mobile phone repair shops and it has been around for a long time. This tool is created and only works for Xperia phones.

It is also available to be downloaded for anyone who can do it themselves at home with just a USB Cable.

This tool is used primarily to reverse a Xperia phone with a permanent SIM hard lock ( 0 unlock attempts left ) and changes it SIM unlocked.
    It can be used as a normal SIM unlocking service.
    However nobody really knew, that this tool can also change your bootloader status from "No" to "Yes".

Q. Can I use this tool to change my bootloader from No to Yes if my SIM is already unlocked?

So far yes, some members of Xperia users has reported back to confirm that it works.

Q. Why are some Xperia phones not allowed to have its bootloader unlocked?

Because it is originally made SIM locked to a Network Provider/Carrier. ( Factory SIM lock )
    Network Providers/Carriers restricts you unlocking your bootloader due to warranty and safety reasons.

Q. Does this tool directly unlock the bootloader?

The tool does not directly unlock the bootloader, it just allows you to get the bootloader unlocked.

You would still need to follow Sony's official procedure of unlocking your bootloader.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    You should always back up your Trim Area Partition (TA.img) if your Sony phone has a backup exploit.

After you have unlocked the phone using the tool, a sign file ( backup ) is created in the tool folder.
    Don't delete it, keep it incase anything goes wrong. ( See warning below )

WARNING
    There are reports from some users encountering a no SIM card service / detection after they have used the tool. It is evidently related ( so far ) with some of the Japanese Xperia models.

Japanese SO Xperia models ( Docomo / SoftBank ) reportedly seems to work fine.

Japanese SOV Xperia models ( KDDI ) might occur the no SIM card service / detection after using the tool.

If this happens, restore the backup and get your refund or try flashing a custom ROM or another firmware ( only if it's safe to do so for Japanese Xperia models )

DISCLAIMER

I will not be responsible for any actions that you make. I am informing you that the S1 Network Unlock Tool can have consequences as it is not fully documented yet.

Please reply back with your Xperia and its model number if you have successfully unlocked your bootloader.

I will keep the thread updated, best of luck.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

S1 Network Unlock Tool

Works on all Sony Xperia Models manufactured after 30/06/2014.

( Updated Support for Xperia 1 II, Xperia 10 II and Xperia L4 )

Trusted website to buy credits

There are many websites that you can buy credits from, however some might be a scam or unreliable. This is the one that I've used and its trusted.

Please do not ask NUGSM questions anything related to Xperia bootloader unlocking, as they do not know much about it. They just provide the credentials and the tool.

Thread Created ( 01 February 2020 )

Updated Thread ( 26 March 2021 )
    Hello friend, may you let me know where to purchase the credit of s1 tool?
    NUGSM website

https://nugsm.com/product/sony-xperia-cable-unlock-0-counter-supported/
    Hello. My phone is 802SO and it was SIM unlocked but bootloader locked (set to NO) I used the website provided here in this thread and as result it is now switched to YES. Thanks a lot!
    Hello. My phone is 802SO and it was unlocked but bootloader locked (set to NO) I used the website provided here in this thread and as result it is now switched to YES. Thanks a lot!

Great news and glad to help you out, I wasn't so sure if this tool will only work on a SIM locked phone to unlock the bootloader. But you confirmed that it works in SIM unlocked state, so that's some good news.
    I Used s1 unlock tool and changed my bootloader unlock allowed from No to Yes, but when I tried use code oem unlock my XZ1 Compact, fastboot shows:

Code:
    FAILED (remote: 'Command did not succeed')

And for Flashtool, it shows:

Code:
    18/033/2021 16:33:01 - INFO  - Device connected in flash mode
    18/033/2021 16:33:13 - INFO  - Please connect your device into flashmode.
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Using Gordon gate drivers version 3.2.0.0
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Opening device for R/W
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Device ready for R/W.
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Reading device information
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Reading phone properties
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Sending getvar:product
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  -    getvar status : OKAY
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Sending Read-TA:2:2202
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  -    Read-TA status : OKAY
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Sending Read-TA:2:2205
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Sending Read-TA:2:2210
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Sending Read-TA:2:4900
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Sending Read-TA:2:10021
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  -    Read-TA status : FAIL
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - WARN  -    Unable to read TA unit 10021, error=-22 ( Hex unit value 00002725 )
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Connected device : SO-02K / SW release 1307-7513_47.2.B.5.38 / Customization 1311-8845_R11C
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Last flash date : null
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - INFO  - Phone ready for flashmode operations.
    18/033/2021 16:33:14 - ERROR - Cannot invoke "String.split(String)" because the return value of "java.util.Properties.getProperty(String)" is null

Tried create a folder in custome and put ulcode.txt in but didn't work.
    What else I can do?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone