Bootloader Unlock -> Questions , Firmware : VTR-L09 8.0.0.382

Search This thread

chagolucho

Oct 19, 2010
I am still wondering if its possible to rollback with the dload method (dload folder on a SD card with the UPDATE.APP file on it).
Has somebody tried it?

[email protected]

Dec 27, 2005
here
I am still wondering if its possible to rollback with the dload method (dload folder on a SD card with the UPDATE.APP file on it).
Has somebody tried it?

Yep, tryed also this, ma I'm on Dec security patch, no way to downgrade, it stops at 5%. Sorry... someone tryed with test point method but I don't know how in details

[email protected]

Dec 27, 2005
here
If Somebody knows the instructions of the Testpoint method, i would try IT

You need to remove your back cover and search for test point, short circuit it with ground while phone is plugged to pc, then download a board firmware and flash, you need to use DC Phoenix and buy credits to do that Afaik

Last edited:

Esiu83

Nov 8, 2010
Leicester
...Root:
The best way to root is with Magisk, because it's a safe method and the tweaks as systemless installed. This is good for passing SafetyNet, even if it doesn't work for every app (SafetyNet is a check if your phone is unlocked and rooted, some apps check it, mostly banking apps, but also games like Mario Run).
Good evening. Are you saying that i can root my P10 and still use Google pay? I got my unlock code straight after i've bought my P10 (May2018) and it was a first phone i didn't rooted because i want to keep Google Pay functionality.

THX for any suggestions. Has anyone tested it and if yes and it's working then I will root my P10?

Jannomag

Sep 20, 2015
Hamburg
Good evening. Are you saying that i can root my P10 and still use Google pay? I got my unlock code straight after i've bought my P10 (May2018) and it was a first phone i didn't rooted because i want to keep Google Pay functionality.

THX for any suggestions. Has anyone tested it and if yes and it's working then I will root my P10?

I never had any problems with Google Pay. Just enable Magisk Hide for it and it should work. If it doesn’t work, just remove Magisk with it’s uninstaller.
@chagolucho dload doesn’t work anymore since Kirin960 devices including P10.

I have my own story to tell about dc phoenix:
I fried my P10 2 days ago while downgrading from Pie to Oreo. I couldn’t use Google Pay because Playy said my device wasn’t certified.
I’ve looked for guides and found some, so I looked in the scripts. They were all the same as my script, which is the same as HWOTA.
So I used it and my phone died that day. I wasn’t able to boot it up anymore - just a black screen and my PC showed it as fastboot device. Flashing was still possible, but no boot.
So I searched 15 pages at google, not very much to find there for the P10, just a bit for Mate 9 and Honor 9, which are also Kirin 960 devices.
I found out that dc phoenix could help, so I payed the 19€. Their tutorials are okay when you once understand them.
Normal methods didn’t work for me, so I tried the testpoint method.
As an electrician with electronics as hobby and the right tools in my little workshop it wasn’t really hard, the P10 is very easy to open, nothing is glued beside the pcbs.
The only really problem was to access the test point, while pressing the power button.
Be careful, the cable for the buttons is a bit fragile.
You need to remove the main board from it’s position in the frame. Pry gently with a plectrum after removing the screw, be careful to not break it.
Then you need to fold it back, the testpoint is on the other side of the board, dc phoenix has a picture of it.
Use a small screwdriver or tweezers to short it with ground, you can short it with the housing of the cpu next to it.
While shorting it, connect the phone to your PC and hold down the power button. After a few seconds, the phone will show as COM device. Install the drivers from dc phoenix and it should work.
Now follow next steps for flashing.

I didn’t get it work again with this. My boot loader couldn’t be flashed. Dc Support said that the security patches are too new for them.

So I just have a new door stopper with a slick design just because Huawei messed it up with EMUI9’s different partition scheme.

I’ve got a refund after asking dc phoenix in their forums for it without any questions.

So, long story - my last Huawei, they messed the things completely with their software. As a phone for playing with roms, firmwares and root, their phones are terrible. Just for using them as a “normal” user, they’re great.
Luckily I backed up everything and found a new main board at local private market, I hope it’ll work and I can use my P10 again for a few months until I found a new phone.

algarues

Feb 14, 2011
So there's no way to unlock the bootloader of a P10 once the December security update has been applied?

My Firmware is Oreo 8.0.0.379 and the security patch is 1 October 2018.

However DC-Unlocker does not work.

Is it still possible to downgrade with this firmware?

Many thanks

[email protected]

Dec 27, 2005
here
My Firmware is Oreo 8.0.0.379 and the security patch is 1 October 2018.

However DC-Unlocker does not work.

Is it still possible to downgrade with this firmware?

Many thanks

Have you tried with dload method? It should works with service firmware (you can find it on androidhost.ru). I don't know if with 1 oct 2018 security patch goes, but you can try. Let us know.

[email protected]

Overload87

Jan 27, 2014
Vienna
www.house-mixes.com
UNLOCK Bootloader, DC Unlocker, Phoenix, DLoaD Downgrade

Hy I have an P10Lite and DC Unlocker Support writes me back it's Not Possible to Read the Unlock Bootloader Code...
First I need to Downgrade... I try now DLoad method... IF anyone has Infos or better Way how I could Downgrade My P10Lite and Unlock Bootloader for Install TWRP and Custom Roms later please let me know... ALSO if DC-Unlocker or Phoenix Is better to Unlock Code Read and Unlock the Bootloader

I heard from an App called FF WICH works only for Honor I heard there u can get free Bootloader Unlock!

Ps: My Device Infos at Attached Picture

Attachments

• IMG_20190516_112248.jpg
    IMG_20190516_112248.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 240

trash-o-mania

Jul 9, 2016
Stay bootloader unlocked after update?

Hi,
I still have a question after reading lot in google.
I have the VTR-L09 C432 B185, Nougat, EMUI 5.1
I have unlocked my bootloader sucessfully.
Now I want to install Magisk and flash Open Kirin. Therefore I need to update EMUI because it only works on EMUI 8 or 9.
Now the question: stay the bootloader unlocked after updating EMUI with the phone´s updater-tool?
I couldn´t find any information and root/flash first time a Huawei. Thx for helping me out.

Macsek

Apr 29, 2007
Budapest
Now the question: stay the bootloader unlocked after updating EMUI with the phone´s updater-tool?
I have read you should unlock after each flashing, however you should already know the codes so it is easy

How could you unlock it? I am asking because the security patch of my P10 VTR-L09 is 1 March 2019 (downgraded from 9.1 to 8.0) and none of the unlock methods seems to support it what I had checked.

Badnasty

Dec 22, 2020
How could you unlock it? I am asking because the security patch of my P10 VTR-L09 is 1 March 2019 (downgraded from 9.1 to 8.0) and none of the unlock methods seems to support it what I had checked.

After a couple of days ( and nights ) trying to unlock the Bootloader of an up to date Huawei P10 L09 I can say that it is not possible at the moment. Reasons beeing are the security patches.
I had a chat with a very friendly person from DC-Unlocker and they confirmed that only devices with EMUI 8.0.0 and security patch July 2018 ( or older ) are supported.
Problem here is that the only version we can rollback to is EMUI 8.0.0 Security Patch March 2019. At least with HiSuite. I did not try it with any other method since the internet is full of reports that with security patch March 2019 they implemented a rollback safety which will cause the phone to brick if we try to rollback. ( There ARE workarounds for this but the ones I found all need the Bootloader to be unlocked which obviously doesnt help us :D )

BUT the DC Unlocker Service also told me that they expect to be able to roll out a new version "very soon" after new year which will be able to read the bootloader unlock code from EMUI 8.0.0 Security Patch March 2019.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a.) Is it correct, that you need to rollDown from Oreo to Nougat to unlock your bootloader ? (i got Oreo on my phone)

No! You still can unlock your bootloader with Oreo installed. You just need the unlock code.

b.) You can´t even think of to "root" your phone and get "TWRP" on it, before you don´t unlocked the Bootloader ? (Or are there maybe other methods to get "root" & "TWRP" onto P10)

Yes, you need TWRP to root your phone, because you need to flash either SuperSU or Magisk. With stock recovery it's not possible, but you can flash stock recovery after you rooted, if you wish.

This are the direct anwers to your questions, now I'll go a bit further:

Unlock:
    DC Phoenix is the only tool which I confirm it's working to unlock the phone.
    You're right, Huawei stopped to provide the unlock code to "provide the best expierence for all users". I call this bullshit, since DC Phoenix and FunkyHuawei are driven by Huawei.
    But if you want to unlock, the only way is to pay - and DC Phoenix works (don't ask me how, I never used it, I just read many posts about it) - it's also cheap with $4.
    NOTICE: AN UNLOCK WILL CAUSE A FACTORY RESET!

TWRP:
    I can recommend the TWRP by @espaciosalter20 even it's just for testing purpose.
    For me it works very well. This version also supports /data decryption (it's the only version for P10 atm, I believe).

Root:
    The best way to root is with Magisk, because it's a safe method and the tweaks as systemless installed. This is good for passing SafetyNet, even if it doesn't work for every app (SafetyNet is a check if your phone is unlocked and rooted, some apps check it, mostly banking apps, but also games like Mario Run).
    For this, you need to unlock and install TWRP. After this you can proceed installing Magisk.
    - Just download the latest stable zip, the manager apk and also the uninstaller, if something went wrong.
    - Make a backup of /system if it makes problems while or after installing.
    - Install the Magisk zip via TWRP
    - Boot the phone (takes a bit!)
    - Install the Manager app.
    - Done.

If you want to unroot you can either flash your /system backup or update your phone to the same or a newer version with my guide.

I hope this answered all questions!
    Have fun with your P10 - and backup your unlock code if you got one!
    It is really sad that there is no central point for finding the information about unlocking the boatloader for P10 phones.
    I used LOS, CM, AOSP, CAF and cousins for more than 5 years on at least 6-7 devices and now feel completely helpless to be able to use OpenKirin. On XDA P10/P10+ forums lots of posts are outdated as they are pre Oreo updates and on OpenKirin chat it is a no-no question.
    Just not sure how the development is supposed to stay alive longer for these beautiful phones...
    You should be able to use DCUnlocker, but you may need to downgrade first (my guess is to a firmware version before July 2018). Downgrading can be done with the dload method, but it works only with specific firmware versions, check: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78558134&postcount=41
    A new unlock method is also available via the Big Huawei Exploits telegram group. This is free but a bit complicated.
    I have read you should unlock after each flashing, however you should already know the codes so it is easy

I am back. :) (or better to say my phone)

Now with a little help of this forum, i succeeded to "unlock the Bootloader". Thx to the provided links of "Jannomag". My TWRP version was from this links and the guide-how-to. It was very well explained.
    So i can confirm that DC-Unlocker (DC-unlocker client software V1.00.1403) works with an Huawei P10 Oreo OS. I just paid 4,-eur to get 4-credits and with it you can read out the Bootloader Code. It is important
    that your ADB Drivers recognize your phone. You can check it by typing into the CMD "adb devices", it should display you your phone serial number. Best way to install all nescecary drivers is to install the actual HiSuite, because everything goes automaticly. Next step is to Start DC-Unlocker, connect your phone to PC, find your phone inside DC-Unlocker (there must be shown a COM-x port with a number). After this step you need to log-in within DC-Unlocker Server (after you paid 4,-eur , you got a user name + password). Finaly you can click on "unlocking" and "read Bootloader Code". In few seconds you got your Code. You should copy n pasta this Code somewhere onto your SD-Card / PC.

After my Bootloader was unlocked, i was able to install TWRP and with TWRP i was able to install Magisk v18.0 , the newest version. I was also able to update my OREO ver. VTR-L09 8.0.0.382(C02)-FULL to VTR-L09 8.0.0.389(C02)-FULL with TWRP oreoupdate , Tutorial-2 ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/p10/how-to/guide-manual-updgrade-to-update-oreo-t3758286 ). Mission accomplished :cowboy:
    lets try to avoid derogatory statements, thank you
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone